Emerald Princess - 10 day cruise!

Co. Cruisers

We just came back from a vacation in Colorado - guess where we stayed?? Yep. Highlands Ranch:p We used to live in Ft Collins - my sister and Brother-in-law live in Highlands Ranch - off of Quebec Court I believe.

Yep, we've got to be careful how much we talk up Colorado or they all will come. Really love it here. From a visit to a "dude ranch" to full-time residents, 20 years now - how blessed we are. We ought to start a message board just for Coloradans. I know of 6 couples right now who are cruising on the Emerald 11/26 - 12/06. Can't wait! we're cruising!:)

Izzy, I dont live right in Parker, I actually live in a subdivision called Tallyn's Reach north of Parker. Ever heard of it? It's near Southlands Mall. Anyway, I've seen a few huge blizzards here and I'm glad I've not been out and about - would be kind of strange to spend the night in a strangers house, but I'm sure it was an experience.

I do know where that is - In fact I'm meeting some friends for dinner next week at the Hawaiin style place at Southlands.

I decided that after spending that uncomfortable night - if the weather is that bad again - I'm staying home!;)

As a Capital Hill dweller, thought I'd chip in my 2 cents on this... don't forget to check Southwest Airlines for DIA to Ft. Lauderdale. Don't think they fly direct, but they have a number of flights from FFL listed,

I looked at Southwest - but they aren't scheduling for March yet. It also seemed that their flight which did connect were not at convenient times. I also looked at Jet Blue - not scheduling that far in advance either, but their flight connect in New York.

Hey Pescado -

We're thinking of doing a Sydney to New Zealand in late 2008. My DH has a nephew who will be moving there this fall to work at a university, and we thought it would be a great time to visit.

Which ship/itinerary would you recommend on Princess? It looks like there are a couple to choose from. Wish we could do the transpacific - but that's not an option at this point ;)

Native Denverite here...

We are booked on the Coral next April for a transcanal. Open jaw tix on Frontier are actually reasonable-$314 Rt.

We live out near DIA in Reunion.

This will be our 4th Princess Cruise.

Kathy

Hey Pescado -

We're thinking of doing a Sydney to New Zealand in late 2008.

Lucky you! I think only the Diamond Princess is going to be down there in late 2008, but that's great, because the Diamond/Sapphire are our favorite Princess ships (to date)...those are the ones on which we did the transpacific cruises. We were very pleased with our day cruising in Fiord National Park in New Zealand. Maybe a smaller ship would have been able to go further and see more, but we were very content with what we did see.

I don't know if you've ever cruised Celebrity or Royal Caribbean, but I believe they are both going to have ships down there for the 2008-2009 season also. Based on the ships they have down there this year (older ships), if the itineraries were the same, I'd pick the Diamond Princess. But there may be some difference between the ports, in which case you'll want to consider that.

The flight to Sydney is 14 1/2 hours from LAX. Sound worse than it is. But it is SOOOOOOO worth it. I love that part of the world!

KathyJ....we booked a last minute (like less than 2 weeks ahead) Panama Canal cruise last April. Flew to LAX, home from FLL. Our airfare on United was.....$216 round trip! Just about the time I think I've got a handle on how airlines price, they throw me a curve ball like that. But (to quote others here)...I likee!

I just couldn't resist this conversation :) I moved here 8 yrs ago from MD. Miss the east coast, sometimes - great Chinese food, but wouldn't trade CO. for anything. You can't beat this weather! What's humidity?! We love it here and GOD willing, it'll be my last stop.

By the way, I've never been on a 10 day cruise, but sure hope to some day. :p

Here we go again; - We moved here from Frederick, Md. 20 years ago. Spent week out here in July at a "dude ranch". Went home, talked with boss, told him I wanted to try and get to Co., moved here Oct. 30th. Best move ever. God willing this will be our last stop also. Group of 8 of us from Berthoud and Loveland are cruising the Emerald, Caribbean, 11/26 - 12/06, 1st 10 day'er, can't wait. Looking to book another 10 day, Star, Mexican Riviera out of San Fran. April 17th, 2009. April 17th is our anniversay! We're cruising! :)

Here we go again; - We moved here from Frederick, Md. 20 years ago. Spent week out here in July at a "dude ranch". Went home, talked with boss, told him I wanted to try and get to Co., moved here Oct. 30th. Best move ever. God willing this will be our last stop also. Group of 8 of us from Berthoud and Loveland are cruising the Emerald, Caribbean, 11/26 - 12/06, 1st 10 day'er, can't wait. Looking to book another 10 day, Star, Mexican Riviera out of San Fran. April 17th, 2009. April 17th is our anniversay! We're cruising! :)

I don't know if you've been back to the Frederick and surrounding areas in the past 20 yrs, but it sure has changed. Frederick to Rockville on 270 takes forever and there are homes and businesses everywhere. MD can keep all of their traffic. Too many people!

I don't know if you've been back to the Frederick and surrounding areas in the past 20 yrs, but it sure has changed. Frederick to Rockville on 270 takes forever and there are homes and businesses everywhere. MD can keep all of their traffic. Too many people!

Worked for IBM, Bethesda, then Gaithersburg. Was back to Frederick this past Feb., know what you mean about all development and traffic. Born and raised in the Bronx, NY. Lived in Frederick from '73 - '87. My wife and I still have good friends in the Frederick area. Had a condo with another couple in OC, MD. Gotta say I did enjoy going there. Right about too many people, BUT I loved the East Coast food and the seafood - really good. Hope you get to take a 10 day'er soon! we're cruising!:)

Lucky you! I think only the Diamond Princess is going to be down there in late 2008, but that's great, because the Diamond/Sapphire are our favorite Princess ships (to date)...those are the ones on which we did the transpacific cruises. We were very pleased with our day cruising in Fiord National Park in New Zealand. Maybe a smaller ship would have been able to go further and see more, but we were very content with what we did see.

I don't know if you've ever cruised Celebrity or Royal Caribbean, but I believe they are both going to have ships down there for the 2008-2009 season also. Based on the ships they have down there this year (older ships), if the itineraries were the same, I'd pick the Diamond Princess. But there may be some difference between the ports, in which case you'll want to consider that.

The flight to Sydney is 14 1/2 hours from LAX. Sound worse than it is. But it is SOOOOOOO worth it. I love that part of the world!

Thanks for your advice! I'll be looking soon - when I get back from Alaska. I want to save up enough United miles to at least get an upgrade to business class for that long long flight.

Anybody know - how many "formal" nights on 10 day cruise; - 11/26 - 12/06? Thanks Much!

Hi Co. Cruisers. We are on the Emerald sailing that week also. We have a great Roll Call going for this trip. You should come over and talk to some of your fellow cruisers if your interested. Hopfully the link I attach will work.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=380969&page=118

We plan on having a few Meet & Greets. You are more than welcome to join us.

Amelia

Hi Co. Cruisers. We are on the Emerald sailing that week also. We have a great Roll Call going for this trip. You should come over and talk to some of your fellow cruisers if your interested. Hopfully the link I attach will work.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=380969&page=118

We plan on having a few Meet & Greets. You are more than welcome to join us.

Amelia

Hi, John here, my wife Susan and I have already been to the CC Roll Call and are included in the list fo who's going.:) . We are cruising with 3 other couples. All of us from the Berthoud, Loveland Colorado area. We have "hooked-up" with another couple from Reno, Nv. and have reserved a tour in St. Lucia. Thanks for the invite! Some "meets and greets" would be nice! C U ! We're cruising!:)

Hi, John here, my wife Susan and I have already been to the CC Roll Call and are included in the list fo who's going.:) . We are cruising with 3 other couples. All of us from the Berthoud, Loveland Colorado area. We have "hooked-up" with another couple from Reno, Nv. and have reserved a tour in St. Lucia. Thanks for the invite! Some "meets and greets" would be nice! C U ! We're cruising!:)

Hi, again, I don't see you in our Emerald Princess 11/26 - 12/06 roll call list. here's link for that! Is your list different? http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=404788&page=5

Hi, again, I don't see you in our Emerald Princess 11/26 - 12/06 roll call list. here's link for that! Is your list different? http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=404788&page=5

Just went to your link and realized what happened, you're apparently going on the 10/27 cruise,:( we're on the 11/26 cruise!:) SORRY we won't meet but thanks again for the invite!

Colorado Springs here!!! We set sail on the emerald princess on Sept 2...a 12 day cruise in the meditteranean! We have a nonstop flight from Denver to London, which wow i thought was great! Anyway, i just wanted to be part of the colorado/emerald princess group!:)

Archived