Carnival Pride - Long Beach Question

LolaBunny

Does anyone know what the rates are and what it is like to park your own car at the departure area? Any and all info would be greatly appreciated.

thank you.

We didn't park there when we were on the Pride in May, but walked past it, since it's right at the cruise terminal. It's fairly large (about five stories), costs $12/day, and appears to be heavily used by cruisers. I wouldn't have hesitated to park there had we not taken a cab instead.

Jenbo is correct that it is $12 a day - it is $12 for any PART of a day. Parking there for your Pride cruise is $96 ($12 x 8 days), and they only take CASH.

When we sailed on the Pride in April we stayed at the Guest House International Hotel in Long Beach. They don't advertise a park and sail package, but if you stay the night there, you can park your car for free for the week, and they have a free shuttle to the cruise terminal. Just let them know when you check in that you are sailing on the Pride and you need to leave your car for the week. The cost for the one night stay at the hotel worked out to be about the same as it would have been to park in the terminal - but we got to start our vacation a day early and take advantage of early check-in at the Pride.

Have a great trip!

Parking:

$12.00 per day (rates subject to change by the Port Authority).

Five-story, 1,450-space parking garage.

Full payment due upon exiting the parking garage.

Accepted forms of payment: U.S. dollars, major credit cards.

No advance reservations required.

Oversized vehicles will be charged per parking space.

Phone: 562-901-3232

Jenbo is correct that it is $12 a day - it is $12 for any PART of a day. Parking there for your Pride cruise is $96 ($12 x 8 days), and they only take CASH.

When we sailed on the Pride in April we stayed at the Guest House International Hotel in Long Beach. They don't advertise a park and sail package, but if you stay the night there, you can park your car for free for the week, and they have a free shuttle to the cruise terminal. Just let them know when you check in that you are sailing on the Pride and you need to leave your car for the week. The cost for the one night stay at the hotel worked out to be about the same as it would have been to park in the terminal - but we got to start our vacation a day early and take advantage of early check-in at the Pride.

Have a great trip!

May I ask you how did you like the Guest House? We are staying there in October one night before our cruise.....and for the price I thought it would be ok......I have read some bad reviews (which I don't usually pay attention to) but we have a large group going and I want everyone to he happy with my decisions...LOL I know that may not happen..

Does the shuttle take you downtown too? Will they pick you up from downtown?

Thank-you in advance..

May I ask you how did you like the Guest House? We are staying there in October one night before our cruise.....and for the price I thought it would be ok......I have read some bad reviews (which I don't usually pay attention to) but we have a large group going and I want everyone to he happy with my decisions...LOL I know that may not happen..

Does the shuttle take you downtown too? Will they pick you up from downtown?

Thank-you in advance..

The Guest House International was a pleasant, no-frills motel-type place. The beds are DOUBLE beds, NOT Queen or King, but very comfortable. The air conditioning is the old fashioned in-the-wall type, but it worked very well. The rooms were clean, the grounds were well-maintained, and the staff was VERY friendly and helpful. When we cruised in April it was actually a bit rainy, so I didn't use the pool, although it looked very nice and inviting, and if the weather had been warmer I certainly would have gone in. The continental breakfast was very nice - and they even have Belgian Waffle Makers (which totally impressed my 6-year-old). As long as you go there with the expectation of a clean motel room, and not a fancy four star hotel, I think you will be just fine. My husband and I both agreed that we would definitely stay there again before cruising out of Long Beach for a 7-night cruise. I think it was a good value for the money.

As for the shuttle, I don't believe that they do take you to the downtown area of Long Beach - just to and from the pier - and you sign up for a time-slot on the shuttle when you check-in. Note that this hotel is NOT anywhere near the touristy area of Long Beach. It's about a 15 to 20 minute drive to the pier.

The Guest House International was a pleasant, no-frills motel-type place. The beds are DOUBLE beds, NOT Queen or King, but very comfortable. The air conditioning is the old fashioned in-the-wall type, but it worked very well. The rooms were clean, the grounds were well-maintained, and the staff was VERY friendly and helpful. When we cruised in April it was actually a bit rainy, so I didn't use the pool, although it looked very nice and inviting, and if the weather had been warmer I certainly would have gone in. The continental breakfast was very nice - and they even have Belgian Waffle Makers (which totally impressed my 6-year-old). As long as you go there with the expectation of a clean motel room, and not a fancy four star hotel, I think you will be just fine. My husband and I both agreed that we would definitely stay there again before cruising out of Long Beach for a 7-night cruise. I think it was a good value for the money.

As for the shuttle, I don't believe that they do take you to the downtown area of Long Beach - just to and from the pier - and you sign up for a time-slot on the shuttle when you check-in. Note that this hotel is NOT anywhere near the touristy area of Long Beach. It's about a 15 to 20 minute drive to the pier.

Perfect, thank-you for the info...it's what I expected. I knew from the beginning that it wasn't a 4* hotel but I'm happy to hear that it's a nice and clean motel. I was also aware that it isn't close to downtown either...that was of some concern for me...but I thought I had read that they had a shuttle that would take you downtown...maybe I'm wrong about that. I guess I will have to call them and find out.

Thanks again for the info.....

Archived