Parents going on Granduer, what should they know?

My parents are going on the Granduer in a couple weeks and I am asking in their behalf. What are som good excursions. They are going from Baltimore around New England and Canada. I use CC frequently (though I must admit I am a Carnival girl) and told them I would get some infor on the ship and excusions for them. Thanks for any help you can give them!

While I live in New England, I have not had the pleasure of this particular cruise, however I can comment on the Grandeur. We have sailed on her 3 Xs and she is my favorite ship. It is the perfect size for getting around for us over 50 (ish) people. It is in great condition, the crew is wonderful and the food was good.

I do believe your parents will have a great time.

I sailed the Grandeur twice this summer. My best tip is for disembarkation morning to wait in the solarium. You are told to wait in a public area so usually the centrum & inside lounges are packed full. Both times we went to the solarium and were nearly alone. You can sit at a table & chairs or snag a cushioned lounge for one last nap. I left the ship with a positive experience! Hope they ejnoy their cruise.

I do not know their cabin number. I know they are planning on doing a brewery tour and one of the several lobster eating things. But other than that I don't know anything else. They are both in their middle/late fifties and are going with a fairly large group. I am sure they will have fun. Thanks for any help you have offered. :)

Archived