Price for specialty restaurants

carlyshenk

What is the price for the specialty restaurant if you want to eat there more than your one free time? And do they offer the wine pairing dinners like they do in the Celebrity specialty restaurants?

Hi Carlyshenk !

Aqualina is $ 20.00 per person, and Prime C is $ 25.00 per person, plus gratuity. Yes, they also have the pairing menus !

Check out the thread at the top of this forum, (Captain's Club Dining Reservations), for further information. Here is the link :

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=560284

Enjoy your Cruise !

Thanks Andy. I had looked at that thread earlier today, so I knew I could make reservations prior to sailing. We're sailing on the Quest on Feb. 16th and after reading all the reviews and seeing the photos of the Journey, I can hardly wait.

You're going on the first sailing on the Quest, aren't you?

I thought the price was for gratuities and that they were not extra. Anyone know? Also, it there a charge for thalassotherapy pool or not. Thanks

Not to put too much stock in what I was told - but I made reservations for my 9/8 sailing for Aqualina -- 7 course tasting w/pairing -- and was told by the rep I talked that it was $60 pp, including tip. Can anybody clarify this?

Thanks Andy. I had looked at that thread earlier today, so I knew I could make reservations prior to sailing. We're sailing on the Quest on Feb. 16th and after reading all the reviews and seeing the photos of the Journey, I can hardly wait.

You're going on the first sailing on the Quest, aren't you?

Hi Carlyshenk !

I am glad I was able to assist. Yes, I am going on the first 2 Quest sailings, and I will have a full review when I return home.

WE were on 8/4 Bermuda trip and did Prime C and Aqualina EACH twice. I tried the $8 supplemental Kobe steak option and was disappointed in it and when I mentioned to maitre'd that I had expected better given the Kobe rep, he was quick to offer regular filet mignon replacement - which I enjoyed more.

Sea bass was rated excellent in Aqua by my fish-fan wife (wow I almost wrote fishwife - sorry honey). OssoBucca v.good, pork medallions v.good.

Lobster thermidor in Aqua was odd- smallish portion of chunk lobster in a heavy cream sauce served in hollowed tail ON MASHED POTATOES. Another in party wasn't thrilled with lobs-therm either. Then, next night I got filet mignon in Aqua served on Cannelloni beans - which did nothing for the dish IMHO. I mentioned to waiter that I would have much preferred mashed potatoes with filet ( in combo with selected red-wine peppercorn sauce) instead of with lobster in cream sauce. Was told that chef was experimenting with different dishes to make unique menu. Creamed spinach side was v.good. Lobster bisque was enjoyed by all in party. Arugula salad with pine nuts v.good ) hold the bleu cheese. Crab appetizer in Aqua was generouse 'puck' of fresh crab meat. One restricted dieter had roast chicken and liked it finding it moist and tender.

Overall, specialty restaurants were nice, especially service, ambiance. We really did want to escape the main Discoveries DR which we found noisy and full of commotion associated with anytime seating. Strongly voted for traditional seating on my cruise rating form.

Unless everyone in party is committed to seafood, stick with Prime C but pass on Kobe option.

Aqualina - 3 Menu Options

• Standard menu (four courses) - $20.00
  • "Tastings" menu (seven courses) - $30.00
  • "Tastings" menu with wine pairings - $60.00

Prime C

• Standard menu - $25.00

Additional Important Information:

• All pricing above is per person.
  • For Aqualina, in order to partake in the "Tastings" menu, all individuals at the table will have to order the "Tastings" menu.
  • We offer one complimentary specialty restaurant dining to all guests (one additional complimentary specialty restaurant dining for suite guests) The complimentary dining applies to the "Standard Menu" only, and not to the "Tastings" menu.

Not to put too much stock in what I was told - but I made reservations for my 9/8 sailing for Aqualina -- 7 course tasting w/pairing -- and was told by the rep I talked that it was $60 pp, including tip. Can anybody clarify this?

Aqualina Standard menu (four courses) - $20.00

"Tastings" menu (six courses) - $20.00*

"Tastings“ menu (six courses plus seven glasses of wine) - $50.00 + 15% service charge**

* “Tastings” menu must be ordered by everyone at the table

Prime C

Standard menu - $25.00

Kobe Beef Surcharge - $8 (this charge applies even to the complimentary night of specialty dining)

The surcharge INCLUDES the gratuity per the Azamara rep I met. You can always add extra if you want but that is optional.

Aqualina

Standard menu (four courses) - $20.00

"Tastings" menu (six courses) - $20.00

"Tastings“ menu (six courses plus seven glasses of wine) - $50.00 + 15% service charge*

* This surcharge will be assessed at any time a guest chooses this menu (whether it be the first, second, third, etc. visit) if the menu is ordered with wine. Please note that all stateroom guests receive 1 complimentary night of specialty dining and suite guests receive 2 complimentary nights. If a guest chooses the Tastings menu on his complimentary night, the $50.00 + 15% service charge (which is for the wine) will be assessed.

So it sounds like the 15% service charge is 'flexible'

Archived