Noordam LIVE: August Adventure in Alaska

purplenorway

Becky, all I can say is WOW. These pictures are wonderful. You have quite the eye for a good picture;) I so love it that you captured the Bear Cub:) Tom and I viewed them together and of course just has me even more excited for our return. The one thing Tom and I noticed is how green the landscape was and so much less snow then when we have been to Alaska. This upcoming cruise to Alaska will be very different than what we have done in the past.

Thanks again:)

Becky,

What a wonderful live report! I am looking forward to your "review" you mentioned that you will post -- and can't wait to look at your photos. When we went in May 06 I took well over a thousand and have some posted below that are in a video format........the scenery is absolutely a spiritual experience.

You have a great warm writing style -- thanks for taking me back to "heaven" :))

THANKS for sharing your photos, Becky-they are GREAT!

Hey Pat! Long time no see. :D Hope you have a great cruise on the Noordam as well. This is my first Alaska trip and it will be interesting to see if I return to do a land tour in a couple years.

Although I bet it would be a really good trip, when we went, we did a back 2 back. I just couldn't chose to be on a bus trip over being on a ship. On our turn-around day, the people that got on after being on the land part were EXHAUSTED! We had the ship practically to ourselves the first 2 days as though people were too tired to be up & about. That made me feel like we made the right decision. Although Alaska is way different then a Caribbean cruise, we LOVED Alaska! SOOO pretty!

I thought that Angelo and Trixie were still on the Zuiderdam but I guess that isn't the case anymore. Have you heard from Shy lately?

I haven't heard from Shy for awhile-hope everything is OK for him.:(

The last I heard he was on the Veendam...we docked with the Veendam in March at Costa Maya and I was almost tempted to try and get onboard.

Wouldn't it be KOOL if he were on the Noordam??!:D

LOL Since Dean's direct hit last night I somehow think that Costa Maya will not be one of the stops we make next March. :(

Maybe it will be OK by then.

Have a great cruise in October! :)

THANKS!! You too! I hope you will post a review when you get back. Would LOVE to hear what you thought of the Noordam & Alaska!

Pat

I loved reading all your postings and looking at your pictures. What kind of camera do you have? I am one of those people that takes over 1000 pictures on a week long cruise as well. hehe...I think im going to steal some of your picture ideas for Pike Market as well as some other shots you got. I will be on the Noordam in a couple weeks so I am glad to read what someone close to my age had to say about it. It looks and sounds like you had a blast and makes me even more excited about Alaska :D Also some of those guys were pretty cute in the pictures so I'm hoping they will still be on the Noordam when i get there. :p

Great pictures and review!!! Thanks for taking the time to post everything. You are such a pretty girl, sitting in the middle of the cute boys. We are on the 9/09/07 msNoordam too. This is our 1st time on HAL and my sister thought the same thing when we got our doc's pouch, it's pretty enough for an evening bag! And there it is in your pictures.:)

Sandy, I use a Canon Power Shot A560. I love it and play around with the settings to get different results. The Indonesian Tea Ceremony gives you the chance to try different Indonesain teas, coffees, and desserts. You will have a blast on your cruise! I bet you could ask to join the officers as well. Tell them I say hi. ;)

TwinFriend, Thank you, I am blushing. I simply added a cheap sparkly pin to the pouch and voila, evening clutch. No one noticed what it really was. Have fun on the Noordam!

What is the Indonesian tea thing I see in the pictures? I was nosey and started to look at your other cruise pictures as well, which are wonderful, and saw more of the tea pictures with crew members dressed up.[/quote]

We really enjoyed the Indonesian tea. I had the black tea and it was very good. We also thought the coconut crepes were good. I always think the Holland America brand of tea is good but I think this black tea was even better! I also like the fabrics that they use for the shirts they wear. Looks like some kind of batik. Don't miss it!

Archived