What time is best to board Destiny in San Juan?

David-n-Rita

I've read a bunch of reviews about terrible embarkations in San Juan getting on the Destiny. Since we are arriving in San Juan 2 days early, we have control over what time we get to the port. What's the best time to go with the least amount of crowds? We usually go very early, what time is early enough to beat the crowds on the Destiny?:confused:

I have no idea but I'll beon her tomorrow. :D I probably won't board her until sometime after 2 so I guess I can tell you when I get back. Just look for my review.:)

Thanks a bunch, I'll be looking for it. Have a wonderful cruise tomorrow. In the past we brought a tray for the buffet on other cruises as they were handy for us. They had trays for the buffet on the Carnival Legend but that was the first ship that have them. maybe you can add in your review if they have trays for the buffet so we know if we have to bring them or not.

Again, HAVE A BALL!!!;)

Why does everyone board so early? The ship disembarks at 10 PM...don't you want to enjoy San Juan and include it as one of your ports rather than just a place to get you on the ship.

Seriously, I don't want to get on early...in fact I want to board as late as possible. So how late can I board and not miss the ship?

Why does everyone board so early? The ship disembarks at 10 PM...don't you want to enjoy San Juan and include it as one of your ports rather than just a place to get you on the ship.

Seriously, I don't want to get on early...in fact I want to board as late as possible. So how late can I board and not miss the ship?

You can board the ship, get rid of your luggage and then go explore San Juan until about 8:30ish. The muster drill is around 9:30. Why would you want to drag your luggage around San Juan?

We were also in San Juan a day early, so we headed to the pier around 10:45am. Folks were still getting off the ship, but they started check in by 11am. You couldn't get through Security though until a few minutes after 12pm. You go to the Fun Pass or regular check in lines, then to S&S card photo line, then through Security.

We were through in our cabin and had lunch on the Lido and back out exploring San Juan by around 1pm.

If you have a hotel that will store your luggage for you (Sheraton) then you don't have to drag it around. ;)

We spent the morning at El Morro, walked back down to the Sheraton shopping and stopping for lunch along the way. Went back to the Sheraton, picked up our bags and walked across the street to the pier.

We boarded around 2:30, with little or no delay.

Archived