Any questions re: Majesty?

mikenpat

Hi, Just got back from the Majesty to Bermuda on Aug 15 and would be more than happy to answer any and all questions, especially those ones you think you shouldn't ask. So many people helped me out here with so much and my cruise experience was so enhanced by all of the things that I learned here that I feel obligated to return some of that. So, fire away!

Hi just got back myself and thought I could help with some answers.

To stgrand:The waves at Horseshoe Bay were the best. Get there early so you get a good spot and are able to rent chairs and an umbrella. Just be aware of the undertow, they say it can be bad.

To Btown: Yes they had two or three afternoon BBQ's, on the other days they had the regular buffet along with side buffets of Sushi, Build your own soup, Potato skin bar, taco's etc. Everyday was something different. Everything was great

Throwing my two cents in too.

stgrand: I agree Horseshoe Bay is beautiful but too crowded. Why not avoid the crowds and go to a less crowded quiet calm beach, like Jacobson's Cove. In one of my posts I mentioned South Shore Road. We rented scooters and drove up and down Shore Road hitting about 5 beaches one day. There are some beautiful isolated spots and the surf is very gentle. We have 10 and 12 yr old and at Jacobson's Cove (on Shore Road), I did not worry one bit about them with the waves. The water is so clear and the sand so soft.......but I digress.....

btown: barbecues, the lunch buffets happen every day but two days, I remember they were days in Bermuda, Friday for one, they have huge grills set up at back of boat and they serve grilled steak, chicken, salmon, corn on the cob, baked potatoes, etc. At the same time, if the line is too long, the lunch buffet is also being served.

Just booked last Thurs. the Majesty to Bermuda sailing in 10 days (9/05)...Can't wait to return. We were there in Sept. 2001 (9/23) and loved it.

Could you please tell us how much was the charge for Le Bistro? When we were there it was $10 pp. Also, did you took advantage of the dinning ashore program? Did you upgrade your voucher to a $50 dinning voucher? What was the place you tried?

Thanks

• 1 month later...

:confused: I am booked for the Majesty for the week of Thanksgiving leaving from Charlston South Carolina. My husband booked this cruise as a gift to me, I have been ready online the reviews and well some of them have me worried. They talk about how small the rooms are, the food being yuck and I keep reading of the smell of sewer. HELP!! This is my first cruise and he did take out the insurance should we cancel and book on another ship??? If anyone can tell me how to get to any pictures of inside the cabins I would love it. I know its a cabin JJ inside. Many Thanks!!!

BDODDS:

I've been reading the boards trying to decide on Crown vs. Majesty to Bermuda. I've noted a bit more enthusiasm from the Majesty cruisers, for what that's worth. All three of our cruises have been on NCL, though were on the Dawn and Star. We have had a great experience with NCL, and the food has been great. We love freestyle dining.

As for the Majesty rooms, the smallest cabin is 108 sq. ft, so your JJ is not one of those. Our Dawn cabins were 141 sf, and though small, we had no complaints. We are rarely spend waking hours in our cabin, so room size is not our biggest concern.

Hope you have a great cruise!!

What cabin are you in? The smallest inside is 108 sq. ft. The largest outside (non-suite) is 145 sq. ft. We had no proble with a family of 3 in the outside. The 108 was fine when it was just DH and myself.

I really love the Majesty. I have sailed her 2x and am planning a 3rd. Yes, it is an older, smaller ship but the staff is so much friendlier and I have always had a great time when on board. The ship is very clean (except for the passengers that don't pick up after themselves). There is so much to do and you don't have to worry about getting lost on the ship either.

The food in the main dining, Le Bistro and Pasta Cafe are very good. The buffets do have a lot to be desired, but you can always grab a burger/hot dog/slice of pizza/grill of the day at the Piazza San Marco or eat lunch in the main dining room. There is plenty to keep everyone happy. Those that complain just are used to a higher class of eating out than most of us.

Let me know if you have any other questions. Don't cancel. You will really enjoy the Majesty.

My family and I will be first time cruisers on the Majesty this December. My mom and I have been reading the Dailies (?) that someone posted online and there were crafts mentioned. Most were for people 16 or older. Did you try any of crafts? We were wondering how much they cost and if they were worth it??

this is for bdodds. i just got back from the majesty sunday. i had a cat L inside.(it could have been LL) the cabin # was 3006. it was extremely roomy. it had a double dresser between the beds that could have been moved, i'm sure. most cabin's i've been in have been adequate, but this was very comfortable.

i never smelled any strange smells either, like sewer, even when we went to deck 2 to disembark.

as far as the food, i usually eat plainer food than what was available, so i had pizza and hamburgers a few times. i sure didn't go hungry though.

i took pictures of my cabin, so in a few days i should have them online, so if you want them, e-mail me directly- seacat66@aol.com kim

Seacat66:

I've just started looking at the Majesty, and have been concerned about the room size for the smallest of cabins. According to the deck layout I have, the color scheme indicates that #3006 is a JJ, which is a superior inside, with 145 square feet vs. the smaller cabins which are rated at 108 sf. My diagram shows the L at 108, and has no LL category.

So I guess you are saying the 145 is in the comfortable zone.

Thanks for the post!

My family and I will be first time cruisers on the Majesty this December. My mom and I have been reading the Dailies (?) that someone posted online and there were crafts mentioned. Most were for people 16 or older. Did you try any of crafts? We were wondering how much they cost and if they were worth it??

Newly_SeaWitched:

You mentioned you have been looking at some Majesty Dailies. Could you let me know where they have been posted?

Thanks

Yes, any cabin on the Majesty with 145 sq. ft. is plenty of space. We were able to use one bunk, fit all our clothes in the closet and drawers with plenty of space to spare. In fact, we used one closet floor as a space for our dirty laundry sacks. With three of us, we never felt crowded.

The hairdryers are in the bathroom on the wall but they aren't very strong. They use a flexible hose with not very much wattage. You would be better off bringing your own. We were in #838 this past August and there was a dryer in our room. Last time we had an inside (6029) and there was one in there too. Maybe previous poster was looking for the gun style hairdryer.

Coke is the official cola, but for some reason I never did look for a diet soda, hmmmm. I do drink diet colas, preferring Pepsi, but my Capt. Morgan just doesn't taste right without "The Real Thing".

If you bring it on, I don't think you have a problem. We brought a 12 pack of Pepsi on board the Star, as my wife needed the caffeine free stuff.

Just got off the Majesty yesterday. We had a great time and we had perfect weather for the entire week. Friday morning the wind was picking up and the ship had to leave St. George at 8am in order to get through the cut before the wind became too much. I ate tooooooooooooo much!!

Archived