CS suite 9096 and 9098

Albert Ross

RCI in the UK tell me at 9096 has 50% obstructed view whereas 9098 does not. I have studied many pictures of the ship and cannot see what would constitute 50% obstruction and also cannot see any difference between these two rooms - appreciate if anyone who has been in these cabins could advise!! Thanks

RCI in the UK tell me at 9096 has 50% obstructed view whereas 9098 does not. I have studied many pictures of the ship and cannot see what would constitute 50% obstruction and also cannot see any difference between these two rooms - appreciate if anyone who has been in these cabins could advise!! Thanks

Albert,

The information you were given by RCI is not correct. Both suites are under an overhang from the deck above. The rightmost window in 9098 is partially obstructed by the rails from the window washing apparatus. 9096 has no such obstruction. Other than the window washer rails outside of 9098, I don't know of any other obstructions unless you consider the overhang to be an obstruction. But, even if you consider the overhang to be an obstruction, it affects both suites equally.

I don't know what ship you're considering but there have been some reports on Cruise Critic of excessive noise above 9096 on the Summit at least. For me, the potential noise problem would be of greater concern than any obstructions.

Archived