Buffet Restaurants in Orlando?

Hi there, we will be staying in Orlando 2 days pre-cruise and 3 days post-cruise this month to do the theme park thing :D . This will be our first time in Orlando (10 of us, all first-timers, 9 adults and 1 child). Can you please recommend buffet restaurants in the area? We all prefer buffet restaurants as it is easier for us instead of ordering a la carte.

I will appreciate any info you can give me, and if you also can share the prices, so much the better. :)

Thanks,

TNC

I think a lot of the recommendation would depend on where you are staying. If you are staying on International Drive there a quite a few different type buffets including chinese and Golden Corral. There is a trolley that drives up and down Int'l drive for a cheap price if you don't have a car.

We will be staying in these two resorts (one pre-cruise and one post-cruise):

Orange Lake's River Island, Route 192W, 8505 Irlo Bronson Memorial Highway

Orlando's Sunshine Resort II, 5473 Del Verde Way

Since we are first-timers, I really have no idea how near or far these two are to International Drive. I have seen Golden Corral mentioned in the boards (comparing it to the buffet in the Lido Deck :) ). Are there any other choices... what about Chinese? Also, do you know how much the prices are for breakfast and/or lunch and/or dinner?

If you would choose, where would you go?

Thanks again,

TNC :)

hi

i live in the orlando area. where you are staying the first leg is very close to the west gate of disney. the best buffet there anywhere is golden corral. do not eat at shoneys yuck. there is also a cracker barrel very close to you and a decent chinese buffet on the opposite side of the road that is not to bad. if i get thename of it i will repost.\

if you are looking to spulge on a buffet dinner go to texas de brazil on international drive a bit of a drive for you but worth it. there is another brazilian/argentinian style buffet in the same area called crazy grill....a little less pricey but also supposed to be good. these are places with fantastic more than a salad bar and then "vaqueros" bring around different grilled meat to your table and you choose what and as much as you want.

Also great buffets can be found at the marriot world center and at Rosen Plaza. If you have an entertainment book go on line and see if you can print out coupons for the rosen hotel restaurants.

Hope this helps

hi

i live in the orlando area. where you are staying the first leg is very close to the west gate of disney. the best buffet there anywhere is golden corral. do not eat at shoneys yuck. there is also a cracker barrel very close to you and a decent chinese buffet on the opposite side of the road that is not to bad. if i get thename of it i will repost.\

if you are looking to spulge on a buffet dinner go to texas de brazil on international drive a bit of a drive for you but worth it. there is another brazilian/argentinian style buffet in the same area called crazy grill....a little less pricey but also supposed to be good. these are places with fantastic more than a salad bar and then "vaqueros" bring around different grilled meat to your table and you choose what and as much as you want.

Also great buffets can be found at the marriot world center and at Rosen Plaza. If you have an entertainment book go on line and see if you can print out coupons for the rosen hotel restaurants.

Hope this helps

I have never heard of Shoney's -- just curious, what's wrong with it? :o

Have you tried Bill Wong's or Kim Wu? I read some of the reviews about these two restaurants and some are saying that Bill Wong's is no longer what it used to be and that Kim Wu is now the place to go to for chinese buffet...

I also read about VariAsian Crazy Buffet... it is supposed to be like a Japanese / Asian Buffet (not even sure if I got the name right)... do you know if it worth visiting?

Thanks in advance,

TNC :)

A few that might interest you.

Angel's Seafood Feast: Highway 192 just West of Disney's Wide World of Sports Complex. All you can eat seafood.

Boston Lobster Feast: Three locations in Orlando area. all you can eat lobster and seafood.

Carving Station: Palm Parkway Lake Buena Vista. All you can eat beef, pork, turkey, lamb and seafood.

New York China Buffet: Apopka-Vineland Rd. Buena Vista Shopping Center. All you can eat international buffet (Chinese, American, Italian and Japanese). Our favorite Chinese buffet.

Happy Dining!:)

Tanker 4

Be sure to look in your hotel lobby (or any hotel lobby) for the free tourist booklets which are full of restaurant discount coupons. Examples include SEEOrlando, Orlando Vacation Guide, Enjoy Florida, etc. Most coupons will knock 10% off your meal tab.

IMO the best buffet is Golden Corral.

Ponderosa Steakhouse also has a decent buffet, as does Sizzler.

Shoney's has a good breakfast buffet.

BobK/Orlando

You can also try CiCis pizza. It is a pizza buffet for like $4.99 or something.

You can also try Sweet Tomatoes. It has salad buffet and potato bar and soups, etc. Not much in terms of meats, though, if that is an issue. But really good food otherwise. That is also like $6.99 for dinner.

Maggie

• 2 weeks later...

sorry so long to get back here. you asked about crazy buffet (asian/Japanese) it is quite a way from the resort area but, for what it is it is very good. unlimited sushi many different types and pretty good asian buffet.

Shoneys is ok but near where you will be staying it is old and not very clean imho.

someone mentioned Boson lobster feast and it is great, just dont sit in a booth because you will be up and down alot.

Archived