Video Poker on board

Haven't sailed in almost 7 years, so I don't recall details about any video poker machines. What are the pay tables for the various games? If it varies from one ship to another, I'll be taking the Mariner. I generally play quarters, so information on $1 and above won't be needed. I know not to expect anything resembling full pay, but whatever info I can get will be appreciated.

The video machines offer Jack or better Poker, Multi-Poker, Duces Wild, ect all on one machine. You can elect to play $.25 or higher on the same machines. They have Bill inserts so you can insert $20 and play for $.25 or if you feel lucky ?????

Mr Wolf loves to play video poker but he won't go near them on a ship - the absolutely worst pay rates. I think he said 6/5 or something like that. I may have the numbers off but I know his quote was "Those are the worst pay tables I've ever seen, no one should be playing them." Sorry to be the doom and gloom for the game.

6/5 for Jacks or Better is typical. Really bad but lightning can strike. I hit a royal once for $1,000. It wasn't set for hand pay and got 8 buckets of quarters.

Last cruise DW hit a 0.25 bonus machine 4 aces for $200 and accidently hit the double down button in her celebrating. Oops, now what?? She called me over. What to do? No turning back, play the double down....hands shaking... had to beat a 2!!! Bang $400. Whew!!!

Archived