Travel Insurance.....

waterguy2003_01

:confused: I see many posts here that say 'get the travel insurance' in case your flight is late and you miss the ship.... but the travel insurance Carnival offered does not cover travel to the ship if you did not book it thru them... so what good would it do to get it?????
Is why one would buy travel insurance offered by a third party that covers everything.

Well, if you have had too much beer delivered and you are boinking on your balcony and you fall overboard to catch your thong, you may need travel insurance :p

Okay, in all seriousness, you can get it through a 3rd party... there are some good ones out there. I can't for the life of me remember any names, but I'm sure someone will chime in!

Have fun!!!!

Travel insurance through the cruise line is usually the worst choice. It's over-priced and doesn't have anywhere near the coverage that 3'rd party companies offer. I've used Travel Guard and CSA in the past. Both have paid on claims. For my upcoming cruise I've selected Travelex. Cost is about the same, but the coverage is all primary (not secondary like most other choices).

I agree with the poster above -- check out http://www.insuremytrip.com But, do read the actual inclusion/exclusions (not just the comparison chart) before you buy.

DON'T GO WITHOUT TRAVEL INSURANCE NO MATTER WHICH COMPANY YOU CHOOSE!

On our last cruise, a group member had a heart attack and was debarked in Belize, they paid out the yin yang for medical treatment and to return to the US. One of the first and most frequent questions they were asked "Do you have travel insurance?" We have learned our lesson, it is money well spent.

Guest Time2gocruzn

we got ours thru www.insuremytrip.com. You can compare and price SEVERAL different policies there. I purchased the Travelex travelite policy. It was only $79 for my family of 4, and it covers EVERYTHING. Small price to pay if for nothing else but for peace of mind. I have also heard bad things about buying insurance thru the cruise lines. Definately shop around first!:)

hey i use either csa, or travelgurad, a lot cheaper than Carnival and it has better insurance. we are covered mor for medical, loss or delay, auto rentals, and cancellations. So people don't go without shop around, Larry

Archived