Two rooms

Junecruiser

We're planning our second cruise for next summer. We're a family of 4 (kids 19 and 13). Can we get connecting rooms for the kids? I'm assuming we'd be charged like it was 2 adults in each room.?. Do the rooms actually connect or do you have to go out into the hallway? We'll be on the Elation. Also, what do can I expect as for as repeat customers. And, since my parents may go too, do they still offer AARP discounts for seniors? Thanks for the answers.

FYI - Technically there is no "ADULT" rate. The cruise line quotes on First and Second with the third and forth at a discount - in same cabin. So if you get 2 cabins everyone will be rated as first and second. Some think that because the third and forth person rate is lower it is a childrens rate - but they are just giving you a break for having more then 2 in a cabin.

We are trying this for the first time. The Miracle actually has a limited number of Outside/Balcony cabins connected to "inside" cabins. The inside cabins are actually on the outside of the ship(at the front) next to the forward most balcony cabin. So we still get a Balcony that we can share with the kids (some of the time), they are conencted to us, and they are at the inside cabin rate.

B,B,D, and J

We are getting 2 cabins for the first time for our cruise next year on the Glory. We picked out two adjoining cabins so our kids wouldn't have to go out in the hallway to get to us. You have to pay more this way than with one cabin, but we need the extra space with two girls. I don't think the Elation has adjoining rooms since it is an older ship. You might have to go for cabins next to each other or across the hall from each other. Good luck!!

We always get 2 or more cabins when traveling with our kids, and going out into the hallway to get to them is really no big deal. The purser's desk will make you a "key only" card to the kid's room if you ask. On our last cruise on the Destiny, my husband and I booked an assigned balcony (category 8C) for ourselves, and a category 1A guarentee for the kids. Our kids received a great upgrade to an inside cabin, category 4E, right around the corner from our balcony cabin!!! :)

On our 1st cruise we had the 4 of us in one room. It was a bit crampled, but it worked out just fine. Our 2nd cruise was on the Glory just a few weeks ago and this time we had 2 connecting rooms. This was definately the way to go. My boys are 19 and 21. We left the doors open all day and evening, then closed them at night. It was really great being able to walk from room to room without going into the hall. And it felt like we had soooo much more room. As already mentioned, you do have to pay the full rate for the 2 people in the 2nd room, but it was definately worth it. If the Elation has connecting rooms, I wouldn't hesitate to book them.

Apparently this will all change, with Carnival enforcing the "someone over 25 years of age" in each cabin now...

How are larger families supposed to cruise together now?

This is not Carnival's policy for families. Children cruising on the same ship with their parents are permitted to be booked in their own cabins. The only time Carnival enforces the twenty-five year old in each cabin rule is if one of the children does not have their own parent on board, such as if my son brought along a friend.

We love having two cabins.....Allows for more space, privacy, and two showers!!!! :D :D

I've taken other children along in the past (not family) and they had their own cabins.

Now, for my March sailing, I have booked:

Myself and my 18 yr old in a room

My parents in a room

My 23 yr old and her 23 yr old fiance in a room

and

My 18 yr old's 20 yr old BF in a room

With the enforcement of this policy, I'll have to cancel the March cruise, since some of these kids are not "family"...and aren't 25 yrs old.

I can't even put the two boys in a room together since neither is over 25.

Although I consider these boys as "family", Carnival doesn't...

Sorry if I freaked out!!

Basketslam you're wrong with the new policy being announced.

Stircrzy you're ok because you booked before the new policy was announced.

I booked August 17 for the March trip...I have to adhere to the "new" enforcement of the "old rule", announced on August 16th.

I think I'll just invite another adult on the trip and then I have enough adults for the young adults.

Who wants to go? :)

Basketslam you're wrong with the new policy being announced.

Stircrzy you're ok because you booked before the new policy was announced.

I'm not sure what the "new policy" is, but I have taken the below policy from Carnival's website today......It says that children may travel in an accompanying stateroom if their parent or guardian is on board. We have cruised five times in this past year (including 2 weeks ago) and have always booked our children in accompanying state rooms. If there is a new policy, I'd like to know what it is and where it is documented.....

From terms and conditions of the cruise contract:

f) Carnival shall refuse boarding to any Guest under the age of twenty-one unless: (1) the Guest is traveling in the same stateroom with an individual twenty-five years or older; (2) traveling in the same stateroom with their spouse; or (3) traveling with a parent or guardian in an accompanying stateroom. Proof of age and/or proof of marriage are required. Carnival shall not be liable to make any refunds or for any damages with respect to any Guest's failure to provide proper proof of age or marriage or otherwise comply with this provision.

Archived