Stupid Is As Stupid Does: Celebrity Coupon Policy

C 2 C

I've already had one run in with Celebrity policy earlier this week but here is another one.

If you go to the Captain's Club Newsletter for Summer 2007, you will see a page of Savings Certificates.

We are presently booked on two of the cruises listed in the Certificates, Mercury Hawaii Oct. 22, 2008 and Mercury Panama Canal Nov. 21 2008. However our cruises were booked before the dates: July 1, 2007 to September 30, 207. The prices are still the same but I have to cancel the cruises and rebook for the certificates to be valid.

I will probably wait until our Sept 28 Summit cruise to rebook but can anyone explain to me why a policy would exist that punishes people for booking early?

Or are these certificates meant to negate onboard bookings?:confused:

X may consider that you are "douple couponing" and may only accept one (larger amount).That has happened to me. I hope you get the discounts you want.You should be able to get on board booking OBC and $ off coupon from magazine.

Luv2kruz

They aren't combinable with our promotions (such as onboard booking), but I can process them through CruisingPower and have them applied. So far, so good.

I don't talk to anybody. I just do it. And voila.. a new confirmation is faxed with the coupons applied.

I had a similar issue here in the UK. I just emailed my travel agent expressing my concern and they said to send the voucher to them and they would get it sorted. A few days later a new invoice was sent to me showing the discount. I am assuming that a lot of people take the voucher conditions at face value rather than questioning the fairness of it.

I'm sure the answer from their "marketing" dept would be that a coupon is supposed to encourage new bookings without lowering the price of the cruise. That being said, it does little to please loyal X cruisers.

I've run into this before and as most have said, with a little work you can get the coupon discount applied.

Archived