Informal nights on the "O"

ugminer

Just booked for Mexico with some friends and was checking out wording on dress codes for them. On our AK trip there were 3 , Formal,informal and casual. Have I missed something? Now all I find is formal and casual. I just don't want to give them wrong info. I did a search on forum but didn't see anything (just the normal jeans and shorts questions;) ) Deb

Thanks for this info. :) I hadn't realized that HAL had changed the dress code, so this is very helpful for our upcoming Oosterdam cruise.

Hey, Dave. Long-time no "see" !!!

What is the date of your Oosterdam cruise?

Yes, HAL has eliminated Informal. However, Casual is classified as "Smart Casual" in the Dress Code ... so, I still tend to dress it up a bit for those evenings. Slacks, polo shirt, and a sport jacket is not uncommon for me on the "Smart Casual" evenings.

Hey, Dave. Long-time no "see" !!!

What is the date of your Oosterdam cruise?

Yes, HAL has eliminated Informal. However, Casual is classified as "Smart Casual" in the Dress Code ... so, I still tend to dress it up a bit for those evenings. Slacks, polo shirt, and a sport jacket is not uncommon for me on the "Smart Casual" evenings.

Hi Greg ! Great to see you ... haven't posted to these HAL boards in ages, although I do still jump around from board to board through cruise critic at times. Just read more than I post ... to keep out of trouble :D

We're going to head back on the Oosterdam this winter on the Feb 9 sailing for Mexican Riviera (encompasses both my birthday & valentines) ... have a Serenade Hawaii this fall before that coming up. We only got in one Alaska cruise last year, so we have to catch up now! ;) LOL

Dave

Hi Greg ! Great to see you ... haven't posted to these HAL boards in ages, although I do still jump around from board to board through cruise critic at times. Just read more than I post ... to keep out of trouble :D

We're going to head back on the Oosterdam this winter on the Feb 9 sailing for Mexican Riviera (encompasses both my birthday & valentines) ... have a Serenade Hawaii this fall before that coming up. We only got in one Alaska cruise last year, so we have to catch up now! ;) LOL

LOL! Excellent!

I'll be in South America then while you're aboard the Oosterdam. Have a great cruise on her. I MAY be aboard her a month earlier (Jan 5) ... still don't know.

I'm trying to get my mother to agree to an early-May Alaska Cruise. She's wavering.

LOL! Excellent!

I'll be in South America then while you're aboard the Oosterdam. Have a great cruise on her. I MAY be aboard her a month earlier (Jan 5) ... still don't know.

I'm trying to get my mother to agree to an early-May Alaska Cruise. She's wavering.

South America -- Wow, that should be a fantastic cruise -- enjoy!

As to Alaska in May -- I hope you can get her to agree ... we've been twice in early May and both times have had fantastic weather -- once on the Volendam in May saw more whales than have ever seen.

Dave

Is "wavering" up from "absolutely not"? I remember she was not at all interested in joining the South America cruise. I do hope she gets up the ambition to go to Alaska with you. :)

I appreciate it. I just thought I might have missed something in the translation. BTW We took a mid-may to AK and the weather was much nicer and warmer than it was here in No. Nevada. We were running in the 70's most of the trip. Beautiful first cruise!

Is "wavering" up from "absolutely not"? I remember she was not at all interested in joining the South America cruise. I do hope she gets up the ambition to go to Alaska with you. :)

Thanks, Ruth. Yes, "wavering" is up from "NO." The last time I asked her about it she said "I'd love to, but ... I'm not sure ... I feel guilty."

God love her ... she is having a horrible time right now after Dad's death.

So am I, for that matter.

Archived