Cruise Personaliser?????

Just trying to check out cruise personaliser for upcoming cruise to see if we got upgrade fairy visiting up but cannot get in - anyone else having issues???

Rach

Hi Rach, 12.52pm, I got in O.K.

the upgrade fairy came to me for both my upcoming cruises. so she could come to you too.

kind regards, Lorraine

Sarah, your booking number should be on your confirmation letter or deposit letter from you TA, when you have this just go to Cruise Personaliser on P&O webite. I checked mine and is working fine, even checked the Princess one and can get in and that 18 months away:eek:

Chez

xx

I contacted my TA and she told me that they dont give our our reservation or booking number... pft that sucks.

Now i cant look at my cruise personaliser.

bizarre,

our reference number is in the subject line of every email I get from our TA.

Maybe they expect you to wait until the magical blue folder comes with your booking reference in there ? What a cruel and unusual punishment :mad:

I contacted my TA and she told me that they dont give our our reservation or booking number... pft that sucks.

Hi Sarah, I have never heard of that.

most T.A's get you to finalise your info on cruise personaliser...ie. passpot number. full name , contact person etc.

maybe you have to visit in person because she won't give the numbers out over the phone.!!! Is she is local to you.???

I would try that.

If your T.A is online, then all info between her should have your booking number on it anyway.

kind regards, Lorraine:) :)

Well it is a group booking, but i have completely paid for my cruise so i dont see why it should be a problem unless it was because we got it on a special? ... She works 2hrs away so i cant go and see her. I e-mailed her asking for it and her response was:

"We do not normally hand this information out. Can i ask why you would be needing this and if there is anything i can help you with"

Hahaha NO i dont want her help.. i just wanted to have a look at my cruise personaliser :(

I just replied... thats fine... nevermind..

how annoying.

That's very strange. Our previous cruises have all been booked with the 2 big names in travel agencies, and the current one is with a slightly smaller one, and every one of them has had a booking reference on the payment receipts, deposit form, and all other info they've sent us.

Can you call in there and ask for it again in person? You could always give P&O a call directly and give them your names etc and they should be able to tell you the number.

You really do need to know the booking reference number so you can put all your relevant info on the personaliser - that's what it's for! Your TA sounds a bit off the planet!

But i didnt get a reciept for my deposit either..... what the hell?? Maybe it went to my friends Friend who booked everything...

All i have ever recieved from my TA was an e-mail stating how much we all owed after our deposits.

She had everyones names spelt wrong and our prices wrong so i fixed that with her... but yea... it sounds like my TA is pretty Dodgy..

My personaliser has my name spelt wrong too. The TA has it right on her info though. Are you able to contact the friend's friend to see if they have a booking number? Maybe she won't give it to you because you personally didn't book the cruise? She might be taking the privacy laws thing a bit too far..??? If you're on the cruise and you've given her money though, she should be speaking to you about it. P&O require all your relevant info - names, addresses, passport number, emergency contact person etc, and that's what goes in your personaliser. It also lists your complete itinerary and cabin & dining info. Try calling P&O, they might be more helpful than that TA.

Well it is a group booking, but i have completely paid for my cruise so i dont see why it should be a problem unless it was because we got it on a special? ... She works 2hrs away so i cant go and see her. I e-mailed her asking for it and her response was:

"We do not normally hand this information out. Can i ask why you would be needing this and if there is anything i can help you with"

Hahaha NO i dont want her help.. i just wanted to have a look at my cruise personaliser :(

how annoying.

Hi again Sarah, the reason your T.A maybe shy in giving out the info is..

When you get into cruise personaliser.all the other people on that same booking, (their info will come up as well as yours.)

and she may not like you knowing other people's business.

ask your friends if it would be O.K. and get them to let your T.A know.

kind regards, Lorraine:) :)

how annoying.

Hi...I'm taking a wild stab at this but from her response she may be assuming that for some reason you want to take this booking away from her (and thus she would lose any commission etc).

When you book with a TA you are not supposed to ring P&O direct for info etc. (which is why now I book directly through P&O).

May I make a suggestion:

Reply to her email something like this:

I'm so excited about my upcoming cruise and have read about the cruise personaliser on the P&O website. I don't want to change anything- just would love to be able to see it for -curiosity only!

signed,

extremely excited aka sarah_in_townsville

once she knows why you want the number she may not be so cautious?

Otherwise...if it was me I'd just call P&O direct and ask for your booking number.

The only other thing I could guess is if it's a group booking under one number then there might be a "privacy" issue as if you have that number you can access all the groups detail by just knowing their first and last name.

not sure if this helps but good luck!

oops a few of us must have been typing the same answers at once!!!:D

Here's my motto:

never be afraid to ask for things you want.

the worst that can ever happen is someone says "no".

so then you just need to find another way to get it!;)

I just sent her an e-mail saying:

I just wanted the Reference number to log onto the P&O webpage to just check that our details are correct. I have read that we are meant to conatct our travel agent to get the reference number to log onto the Cruise Personaliser on the P&O Webpage.

Sorry If this a hassle. If its not possible please let me know.

Thanks,

Im not sure why she would think i would want to take the business away from her, to be honest i didnt even know this was possible!

When we booked our last years cruise I wasn't given a booking number originally but when I found out about CP, I just asked my TA for it (and told her exactly why I wanted it) and she gave it to me no problems.

Karen

When we booked our last years cruise I wasn't given a booking number originally but when I found out about CP, I just asked my TA for it (and told her exactly why I wanted it) and she gave it to me no problems.

Karen

Ditto for us earlier this year. Then I went on and filled in all the 'blanks' - our TA was very happy not to have to do all of that. This time when we booked it was the first thing she emailed me back with!

Very strange, we asked our TA for the booking number and got it over the phone straight away. No upgrade fairy for us yet. But it is good to look at on a regular basis just in case and to make sure all the contact details and passport numbers are correct. Ask them again and let them know that everyone else has their number..maybe contact P & O by phone and they will help.

don

The only other thing I could guess is if it's a group booking under one number then there might be a "privacy" issue as if you have that number you can access all the groups detail by just knowing their first and last name.

On our cruise at Easter we had a very large group booking. Every cabin had a different booking number.

Cheers,

Charmain

Archived