NCL Pearl Self-Service laundry

cruisePLEASE!

you would be very surprised at how much you can fit into that bag if you are determined! Try laying the clothes flat and rolling them, also bring duct tape (or any clear large tape) for fixing the ripped, overstuffed bag.

Like I've mentioned on a couple of threads, during our repo on the Pearl, one of our friends managed to get 44 items in his bag.

The secret is tight rolling (that and the fact that he is retired U.S. Navy, so is considered a pro at this). :rolleyes:

• 1 year later...
There are no self sqervice laundry options. Plan for using the everything you can fit in the bag deal mid cruise. For 24.95

This thread was over 18 months old and a lot has changed in the world of NCL since then.

the question of self-serve laundry was raised during last week's Q/A with Lars - the Captain of the Pearl. He said that they closed them off and had the intent of converting those spaces to cabins, but have not done so yet.

So I imagine that someone with a good memory or an old deck plan might still find a way to do their own wash... might require breaking into an unmarked door and hoping to find a washer/dryer in there and in working order.

For all of the risk-adverse folks, there is always the laundry service on board with the stuff-a-bag deal of $24.95.

We were on Pearl in March/April 2008 when the Self Service laundry was still available. I used it once and it was NOT a pleasant experience!! overcrowded, long waits, several goings back-fro, Some people didn't even bother to shake sand off their clothes before putting into washer and dryer - the lint filter was full of sand!

I prefer the $24.95 laundry bags anytime to wasting time doing laundry on ships.

This thread was over 18 months old and a lot has changed in the world of NCL since then.

The original post is from 2007-back then the Pearl did have self service laundry. I know because we cruised her in November 2008 and we used it. Not long after that though, the self service laundry was removed. The self service laundry has been gone 2 years now.

the question of self-serve laundry was raised during last week's Q/A with Lars - the Captain of the Pearl. He said that they closed them off and had the intent of converting those spaces to cabins, but have not done so yet.

So I imagine that someone with a good memory or an old deck plan might still find a way to do their own wash... might require breaking into an unmarked door and hoping to find a washer/dryer in there and in working order.

For all of the risk-adverse folks, there is always the laundry service on board with the stuff-a-bag deal of $24.95.

I bet the machines are gone and this a a storage area/linen closet for the stewards now.

Archived