Weather temps in Eastern Caribben??

P.A.

We are sailing on CP on Oct 2nd, 2004. Our ports are St Thomas on Oct 5th, St Maarten on Oct 6th, and Princess Cays on Oct 8th.

Just wondering what the water temps will be this time of year? And were trying to figure out what type of cloths to take. Jackets for evenings I'm sure. I sure hope the water isn't too cold. I wouldn't think so being the Caribbean!

Anyone else on this cruise?

Thanks in advance!

38 days and counting!!

~Pam~

Hi,

We did the eastern in early october 2003...and found temps 84 to 88 degrees..water, depending on the beach, a little cooler than warm bath water, but not much. maybe 80 degrees. No jackets required at any time...even on deck (with exception of the voyage to and from Florida). San Juan remained oppressively hot. We've now been there in September, October, February and April. Granted, this only covers two seasons, but man, that's a hot and humid place. You'll love October--provided you run across no hurricane. We found it less crowded. There were only about 30 people scattered across Megan's Bay for the first few hours of the morning. People were wading in up to their chests and then walking the length of the beach without running into anyone... It was marvelous. Also, they serve a mean margarita at the Megan's Bay bar on the beach...and it' a great view, framed by tropical trees onto the beach. looks, truly like a post card. We've twice rented a topless jeep on St. Marten then for $40 a day.

have fun!

Archived