Will they press your suit on Tahit Princess?

Curious Jan

This sounds stupid but my husband wants to pack his suit in with his clothes instead of a garment bag. He asked me if he would have any trouble getting it pressed for formal night. Also does anyone know what that would cost and

if you pay direct or through your Princess account?

Thanks

Jan

I have a related question as we'll be going on the TP 9/24. I've read a bit about the laundry on these boards but just wanted to ask if the laundry rooms get overly crowded. Should we plan on doing laundry once or more often? I thought I read somewhere that one day they'll take your bag of laundry and do it all for a fixed price. True? We'll be on our honeymoon, so would like to be a bit pampered.

Any advice appreciated, thanks.

Doug

To the original poster.

If you take your husbands suit and keep it in the drycleaning bag, fold it over once and then place it in your suitcase it should be fine as long as you hang it up the minute you arrive. We have done this many times and it has worked fabulously as long as you hang it up when you arrive. Never needed pressing after about 24 hours.

I pack everything in plastic and have never had a wrinkle one in the garments.

The laundry rooms do get busy at certain times of the day, but if you pick the early dining time, you should have no problem doing your laundry on the TP since most will be either at dinner or preparing for it. Personally, I'd let Princess do it as a honeymoon splurge.

Happy Sailing!

There is a laundry special , around the 7th or 8th. The cost is $15.00 per laundry bag. I used the laundry room once, I think it was the 7th day and it was full, I would have been okay but, someone left their clothes in the dryers(3) for an extra hour. I would have removed them, I didn't know what they'd do in retaliation. so, I had to run down during dinner to switch my clothes to the dryer. It was my fault for doing laundry so close to dinner. The cost is very reasonable $1.00 to wash, $1.00 to dry, detergent is included.

Maybe it's just me but the last thing in the world I would want to do on a cruise is laundry. That is just one onboard activity that I would definitely sit out on. No matter what the cost, I would gladly pay it to have it done for me. I am booked in an Owner's suite on the TP and hopefully they will do this for me.

Archived