Who has booked Alaska for a 2008 cruise?

brunolvr

We did the Canada/New England cruise and it was a great cruise but I found myself comparing the scenery to Alaska, and C/NE came up short. :( We are going back to Alaska this year.:D

Hi, Judy! A B2B to Alaska sounds like a dream come true to me! Wish we could do something like that. I'll be looking forward to seeing your pictures!

What made you decide on the Veendam over Princess? -Sandy-

Hi, Judy! A B2B to Alaska sounds like a dream come true to me! Wish we could do something like that. I'll be looking forward to seeing your pictures!

What made you decide on the Veendam over Princess? -Sandy-

We wanted to do a different itinerary this time since we had been to the same ports twice. This time we are going to Sitka, Haines, and Seward as well as the others that we have visited before. We are also going to Hubbard Glacier this time. Also, the B2B was cheaper than a B2B on Princess since HAL gives you a price break for the 14 day cruise. Now I see that the Princess 14 day on the Tahitian Princess is about the same price as the 14 day on the Veendam. When we booked back in September is was considerably more expensive than the Veendam. We have never cruised HAL before so it will be a new experience. Needless to say, we are excited about going to Alaska again.:D

I booked a surprise 40th birthday cruise on August 16th, Diamond Princess – Vancouver to Whittier for my DH. I am so excited that I’m afraid I may slip and tell him. If I can keep my silence, I’ll pass on my excitement to him by the beginning of August.:)

Crown Princess 10/07

Crown Princess 10/06

Carnival Legend 10/04

This will our first cruise and first time to Alaska. This year in August is our 40th wedding anniversity. We will be spending 5 days on a land tour as well. Starting in Vancouver on the 26th of July on the sapphire princess. Can't wait!!

It looks like there will be a lot of Cruise Critics invading Alaska this Spring and Summer (and even early Fall)! Hope they'll be ready for us!

I'm sure we'll all be ready for our Cruises!:)

Hopefully everyone will take lots of pictures and write reviews and post them online for all of us to see, read & enjoy!

My DH and I are sailing on the Millennium, June 6th, from Seward to Vancouver. Flying into Fairbanks on the 2nd, doing the Land Tour by way of Denali, Talkeetna and Anchorage, before boarding Millie and then hitting Hubbard Glacier, Juneau, Skagway, Icy Strait Point, Ketchikan, Inside Passage to Vancouver. This is our first time in Alaska, and our second cruise with Celebrity.

My husband and I along with my Mom are going on the Radiance of the Seas for our May 23, 2008 Cruisetour. This will be our first trip to Alaska.

Which cruisetour are you doing? We are booked on the same cruise, and on cruisetour #9. There are 8 of us and it will be our first trip to Alaska also. Have you joined the roll call for this trip?

Well, first cruise if you don't count a miserable time on a ferry from Crete to Santorini in 1987, LOL! We are looking forward to a cruise to Alaska to celebrate my Hub's Birthday, he was born in Sitka, and that is supposed to be a stop, and it is also for our 23rd Wedding Anniversary, so we decided to splurge.

We've booked our second Alaska cruise on HAL's Oosterdam for May 31st. Traveling with three other couples. Balcony, natch! Alaska is magnificent and we cannot wait! Looking forward to those luxuriously comfortable HAL beds and outstanding service. Great crew, wonderful company, spectacular scenery, and amazing adventures - what more can you ask for!

We've booked our second Alaska cruise on HAL's Oosterdam for May 31st. Traveling with three other couples. Balcony, natch! Alaska is magnificent and we cannot wait! Looking forward to those luxuriously comfortable HAL beds and outstanding service. Great crew, wonderful company, spectacular scenery, and amazing adventures - what more can you ask for!

Well, 4 of us went for the 1st time to Alaska in 2007 on the Coral Princess, with an 8-day independent land tour. Had the time of our lives, thanks to advice on these boards.

I figured I probably wouldn't go back for another year or two, but a friend of mine wanted to go on a small ship and I just couldn't resist going back! So we are booked on a short 5-day, 4-night trip in July with Cruise West in Prince William Sound. We also added on a few days before and after our cruise to do a glacier landing in Seward and bear watching at Brooks Falls.

Can't wait to go back!!!

Archived