Hotels in Waikiki offering Day passes?

eringg

Does anyone know if you can get a day pass for use of a hotel services for the day. We get back to Honolulu from POA in the morning on Saturday and don't fly out till 6pm. We were thinking of hanging out a Hilton Village for the day. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

We stayed at the Marriott Waikiki and added an additional half day to our stay for a special rate, since we had a late flight. The half day rate goes until 6pm.

I am unsure if they offer this to people that are not booked for a stay, but it's worth a try to check it out.

For what it is worth, all the beaches in Hawaii are public --- some just have very restricted access. You can sit on the beach out front of any of the Waikiki hotels, as long as you aren't on hotel property itself. There will be a very clear demarkation line (so to speak).

We stayed at the Marriott Waikiki and added an additional half day to our stay for a special rate, since we had a late flight. The half day rate goes until 6pm.

I am unsure if they offer this to people that are not booked for a stay, but it's worth a try to check it out.

Typically they will not offer this or allow it for non-overnight guests. In fact, most of the hotels won't guarantee it for overnight guests until a day or two before in case they end up needing the room for a new guest. What you had was a late checkout arrangement. We did the same thing at the Royal Hawaiian. However, the hotels do not offer day passes for people not actually staying at the hotels. That's true for pretty much all of Hawaii.

erring: You could book a room at the regular overnight rate (probably not the HHV though, as that's rather pricy for just a day) and then ask for early check in. At the worst, you'd have to leave your luggage at the bell desk until your room was ready, but you'd have use of the hotel facilities and then would be able to use your room for a shower and such before heading to the airport. There just really aren't any day passes offered through the hotels. The only way to have access to a hotel's facilities is to book a room. But as CaribbeanBound mentioned, the beaches are all public, so you could certainly spend some time at the beach regardless.

beachchick

Originally, we were leaving at 10:45 pm on our disembarkation day. Now we have decided to add a day post cruise and leave the next day.

But what we had thought about doing was staying at a modest, (we've heard clean and comfortable) older hotel one block from Wakiki beach and right across the street from Marriott Wakiki called Queen Kapiolani for the Senior rate of 75 a night inc. tax. We figured it was worth the 75 even if we checked out at around 8 to have somewhere to go to change after spending most of the day at the beach, to shower, etc. I don't know what their regular rate is but it is worth a call. Don't book it on the internet. They use an outside 3rd party and you pay more. If you're interested, the phone number is 1-8003672317. that will take you directly to the resv. at the hotel which also books for a sister hotel, which I can't remember it's name, so just say you want to book for Queen Kapiolani.

We actually decided since we'd be paying for an extra night, why not postpone leaving until the next day. Luckily we got the last two "rewards" seats on our airline and were able to change our flight. this hotel is 1 mile from Diamond Head, and I had wanted to do the Diamond Head Hike but originally we couldn't fit it into our schedule, now we'll do it from the hotel on the day that we leave since again we don't leave until later in the day and we'll be asking for a late checkout. If we can't get it, at least they'll keep our luggage for us.

FYI - This place is VERY NICE and centrally located!!! Due to the fact it's new, there is usually plenty of availability. Offer valid til 01/08.

The Wyland Waikiki is offering a special $99 day rate for stays between 12 a.m. to midnight (no overnights allowed). This offer represents a great value for travelers seeking a place to rest and take advantage of the hotel's many amenities before continuing to their next destination. From comfortably appointed guest rooms with plush pillow-top beds, to a "chill room" equipped with iJoy massage chairs and X-box gaming stations, staying the day at The Wyland Waikiki is a convenient way to pass the time in paradise. "With so much to see and do in Waikiki, this special day rate provides travelers an attractive choice to waiting around in an airport for hours," said Robin Graf, general manager of The Wyland Waikiki. "Visitors can check into the hotel, drop off their bags, relax around the property or head off on an island adventure. Before they leave for the airport, they can freshen up for the flight home. This is especially important on Oahu where so many flights leave late at night."

The day rate caters to those who must check out of their hotels before noon or for cruise ship passengers who disembark the ship early in the morning, but whose flights do not depart the island until later in the day or evening. It's also ideal for neighbor island travelers heading to the mainland connecting through Oahu with an extended layover.

As the first Wyland art design hotel in the world, The Wyland Waikiki is a living art studio featuring a collection of Wyland's paintings, photographs, and sculptures. Amenities include the hotel's signature Wy-Bar lounge overlooking the pool, a comfortable library with reading materials, and a business center with two 24" iMac computers with complimentary high-speed Internet and printers. Coffee lovers can enjoy a fresh cup of Hawaii-grown brew at the KiMOBEAN Hawaiian Coffee Company located in the lobby. The property also offers two pools and a whirlpool spa and is located one block from Waikiki Beach Walk®, Waikiki's newest shopping & dining district. Spa services available by Spa Pure, including in-pool Ocean Massage.

"Guests will find The Wyland Waikiki to be an original, based on the natural appeal of famed marine life artist Wyland, a hip and contemporary style, and an ideal location near all of the great 'distractions' Waikiki has to offer," said Graf. "

Rates are per room, per day, single/double occupancy. Rates and specials cannot be combined with other offers, and are subject to availability and change. Restrictions may apply. Taxes are not included. Rates may not be used for group bookings without prior authorization. Deposit and cancellation policies apply. Rates are valid through January 4, 2008.

Immerse yourself in the beauty of the sea at The Wyland Waikiki. For reservations or more information, call The Wyland Waikiki at 866-346-4679 or visit www.wylandwaikiki.com.

• 5 years later...

I think the Wyland is no more. The address is 400 Royal Hawaiian, which is really a Courtyard by Marriott. I searched around some and, in some cases, I was transferred to the CbM entries in TA and others.

I think the Wyland is no more. The address is 400 Royal Hawaiian, which is really a Courtyard by Marriott. I searched around some and, in some cases, I was transferred to the CbM entries in TA and others.

Seems very possible as this thread is very old - notice post #10 was in September of 2007!

Archived