Midnight Delights

Has anyone sampled the "midnight delights" on RCI? Are these like the "gourmet bites" on Celebrity? It sounds like a similar set-up: waiters with trays, replacing the nightly buffets, etc. I was wondering what types of delights they were...

Thanks!

I was only in the area these were offered one night as I was passing thru, so this may not be the complete extent of what is offered, but we were offered items from a tray of chocolate items - chocolate covered strawberries, chocolate pyramids, other fancy cookie/candy type items. They were the same as we had at the Welcome Back party. They were quite delicious & just the right couple bites to satisfy my craving.

Recently on Grandeur, there were two types:

1. "mini" desserts - small cakes, chocolate strawberries, cream puffs, etc.

2. open-faced sandwiches on half of a small round roll - most common were things like ham and cheese, salmon and tomato.

Pretty tasty in general, or maybe I was just ravenous from not being fed a buffet in the last 2 hours..........................

Yum! On Celebrity, there were things like brie/apple/walnut on rounds, mini-empanadas, tiny chicken skewers, stuffed mushrooms, AND the tiniest hamburgers and hotdogs in the world--complete with buns and toppings (they were absolutely adorable!).

Any other types of "delights"? I always love hearing about these details , which I can't get anywhere else except on cruisecritic.

We had midnight delights every night in the Blue Moon lounge (Deck 14) on the AOS. Waiters came around with trays of mini savory things that were hot and some cold (smoked salmon on pumpernickel, brie cheese, tiny cigar shaped spring rolls, etc) followed by trays of sweet things - tiny pastries, chocolate covered strawberries - yummy!

SeaBaby

At Mariner's poolside midnight buffet I remember them having roast pig, chicken wings, all sorts of fruits, baked goods (like caribbean fruit cake) and that's all I can remember from that one.

The midnight buffet in the dining room had chocolate covered strawberries, cakes, shrimp you peel w/ cocktail sauce, chicken wings and I remember seeing a turkey nicely displayed but I don't know if they served it.

Archived