suggestion for a first timer

WendyG

[COLOR=Purple]My friend is going on the CB in three weeks and she's asking my advice on what to do for excursions.

She is traveling with her parents (60's)

What excursions would you suggest for St Thomas and St Maarten?

I always hit the beach or shop!

Thanks![/COLOR]

...but since no-one has answered you, I thought I'd give you my suggestions for St. Thomas/St. John, as I have been there.

I'd recommend they go to Cinnamon or Trunk Bay on St. John for some excellent snorkeling. I believe there is an excursion for this.

Can't comment on St. Martin, cause I haven't been yet! I think we may be doing the jeep island tour.

We just took a taxi in the am to Magen's Bay in St. Thomas. It wasn't crowded, they rent kayaks and rafts, and it was very relaxing. The taxi was $6 pp, plus it cost $3 to get into the beach (I believe it is a state? park). More people began to come in around 1 or so, so we went back to the ship, changed, and shopped. It was a nice break from touring. Have a great trip!:D

Wendy, I do what you do...especially on St. Thomas and St. Martin. Usually do the beach in the morning and shopping the afternoon.

If they are not beach people I think that an overview type of tour is probably one of the best choices for first timers on both these islands.They will have loads of wonderful photo opportunities and then shop, shop, shop :D!

St Thomas has my favorite excursion, The BOB (Breathing Observation Bubble). It's an underwater motor scooter and you also get time to snorkel, swim and sunbathe.

In St Martin we did the Rhino Riders. It was fun, but a little bumpy for me since I was on the back. My DH husband loved being able to go fast so he had a blast.

[color=green]My recommendation is to hire a taxi to drive you around the island, showing you the sights. The islanders are proud of their island, their home. (St. Marteen, that is.) St. Thomas is very commercialized, and I believe more than half the people there are from the states. But in SM, they love to talk about their island. For a reasonable fare, you can have a wonderful time.:p [/color]

Archived