Time To Start To Slim Down Before Cruise in Fall of 2008

CruisePrincess51

Hi Joyce, and welcome!

We went to Alaska this past May......We loved it! And I want to go back! Your going to have a great time! We wore shorts in Ketchikan! I think our fall 2008 cruise will be New England/Canada - so many places I need/want to go - but I have to work to get there! LOL

My WOE (way of eating) is mostly fish/chicken & veggies - in so many great ways! Last night's taco salad really hit the spot - but I don't eat the shell. Nothing with white flour, sugar.

Happy Birthday Jan!! Yep...we all have one of those each year - and what a great night to celebrate! I bet your more healthy this birthday then last?!

Have a great day everyone!

Happy Birthday Jan...hope you had a nice birthday...cheat days are always allowed for birthdays and anniversaries! :D And the Olive Garden...my goodness...they have good food! I love their strawberry daiqueries...the frozen ones...yummmm! :) The food is pretty good too! lol!

Joyce...you'll have a wonderful time in Alaska...I've heard too that the weather can warm up for shorts. I guess for us too, cruising is all about the tropics or warm places...I'm just not ready to go out on deck in my winter coat...I somehow like sitting by the pool and getting a tan as opposed to wearing hats and gloves to keep warm...we have enough of that here in the winter. Maybe someday we'll go there. Our favorite cruise line is Royal Caribbean and I think Celebrity. We've only done one cruise on Celebrity, but we are looking at them again for 2009...their service is incredible and so is the food! I think their pricing seems a little higher than RCCL...but maybe it's just the itenarary that I'm looking at that is pricey. We've mainly stayed cruising the Caribbean except for last year when we did a big cruise (a once in a lifetime probaby one for us) we flew to Vancouver (which by the way is a very pretty place) and then cruised to Hawaii for 11 days. It was heavenly...5 glorious days at sea, with sunshine and mostly warmth...once we got farther out in the Pacific and NO cell phones or kids calling and asking us to babysit or for pet sitting...it was wonderful. We've put that on the list of places that we would like to cruise to again someday, but next time, maybe do a circle cruise from California, that way we don't have to fly home from Hawaii...that was a LONG flight! California is only a 5 hour flight for us...Hawaii was easily 13-14 hours with the layover in Chicago..too long for me.

I've lost 1/2 lb...but I don't think it's from me cutting back...I have a rotten cold and have no appetite which is so unusual for me (hahaha) so therefore am down that 1/2 lb and think that's a good point to start running with my weight loss again. I wish it were more than that, but I'll take the 1/2 lb...it's better than nothing at all. Here's to healthy eating everyone...have a good day! :)

Kathy

Hello!

Just a quick note. Went for a really long walk as soon as I got home from work, (LadieSadie, I just love my new personal trainer that I got from the pound 2 months ago and as soon as I got her I knew that Sadie fit her perfect!) with DH & new puppy "Sadie". It was a beautiful cool night and we were about 10 steps inside and it just opened up and poured! So I got my walk in tonight anyway! Yay!

Kathy - sorry about your cold!! yuck! keep the fluids going and good thoughts coming your way for a quick recovery! With the rain clearing out the air from all of the ragweed pollen I've been suffering with - I can finally breath!

We had our first cruise last August and my DH & DD was so impressed on how much I knew about crusing - and I had never been !! Ta DA!! Cruise Critic!! :D

We did snorkeling at every W Caribbean port - perfect weather - and got hooked on balconies! Ahhhh what a great way to vacation! We love it!

Catch you tomorrow!

Good morning all! Ok...lets try this again...I put a post out there a few minutes ago, not quite sure where it went...these boards are a little slow this morning.

Jean...good for you with your walk with your dh and personal trainer (Ladie Sadie)...she sounds like such a nice puppy! I have errands to do this morning but am hoping that either before them or after supper to get a good walk in. The weather here is still pretty warm so I'd like to walk while it's still cool out there. Walking always helps to keep the weight down and clear those cob webs from my brain. ;)

Aren't those balcony cabins wonderful! :D We tried one our first cruise about 5-6 years ago, just to try it out and we have never gone back. We just recently tried the Junior Suites...they are incredible...not a whole lot more room...a little maybe, the bathrooms are larger and the closets...what can I say about the closets...they are great! That was one of my first cruises where I actually got to put everything away and out of sight. But for us...just to be on a ship...with a balcony is wonderful..it doesn't get any better than that! :)

Well have a good Friday everyone!

Kathy

Do you have room for a Brit?

I have been posting on 2 sites here but for some reason this thread was calling me. After a quick read through I think I have quite a lot in common with some of you.

I am 55, married 30 years, 2 adult sons and one DIL and am addicted to cruising. I have alway struggled to control my weight but since we began taking 2 cruises a year the yo-yoing has got much worse. I am currently on WW, go to meetings (which help me a lot) do Curves 3 times a week and Pilates once a week. Now this all sounds very virtuous, but it has only been so since July.

This summer we cruised on Celebrity Infinity in Alaska and then had 10 days in Canada with our oldest son who lives in Calgary. After the holiday I weighed at WW 6.5lbs heavier in 3 weeks. But......what is really stupid is that between mid-October and mid January last winter I gained all the 20lbs I had lost last year, on 2 trips including a 2 week cruise, so now I am losing them again. To date, 17 down from January of which 13 are since mid-July. My main aim now to keep at it after we return from our next trip.

That will be a Transatlantic on Navigator of the Seas on November 5th and then a week in Florida before flying back to UK. We then have a Baltic cruise on Constellation in May and .....................one week on Mariner of the Seas in November 08 combined with 2 weeks in Florida. Now you can see why I started reading this board!

BTW Kathy, Celebrity is certainly aimed at a higher spec than RCCL. They are owned by the same parent company. However, what affects the price a great deal is the age of the ship (hence facilities) and the region is which it is cruising with Europe being much costlier than the Caribbean for example.

Hope it is OK to join you. I find that chatting online with likeminded souls is really assisting my weightloss journey. As I have another 42lbs to lose to reach my WW goal it is a long one!

Hi Cinnamon...glad to have you join us! :) My goodness...lucky you and 2 cruises a year...that sounds wonderful! I can't think of any better way to spend a vacation.

Sounds like you are on the right track with your dieting and sounds like you are doing a great job with the weight loss...keep up the good work! I don't know why it is that now that I have hit my 50's the weight is so much easier to put on than to take off and keep off...I feel like it's a constant battle. I had managed to drop about 20 lbs right before we cruised with the family in August and to date have only gained back 3-4 of those lbs again...but getting those 3-4 lbs off again is incredibly hard. I think for me, I really need to focus more and get serious about counting my points again and eating healthier. After doing all that dieting, I ate pretty much what I wanted on the ship...I didn't over do it, but I certainly didn't count any points nor did I try to, but now, trying to get back to that routine of watching what I'm eating is so hard...there are way to many temptations in this house for me...I just sometimes wish that my dh could diet with me...having someone in the house who can eat everything under the sun and is desparately trying to gain weight, makes it very difficult for me to want to stay focused and try to lose. I would be thrilled to death if I could drop 40 more lbs...I doubt that will happen, so I'll be happy if I can get down another 20 for now and then we'll see where we go from there.

I think you are right though about Celebrity being a little higher priced because of the regions that it is cruising...I knew that they were owned by the same parent company, and both lines are great and have beautiful ships, but I don't think you can beat the food on Celebrity...we found it to be so much better than on RCCL, but then I guess RCCL has other things to offer that Celebrity doesn't. I'd cruise on either one...doesn't matter to me...just put me on a ship and let me go and I'll be one happy cruiser!:D

Have a good weekend! :)

Kathy

Hi Cinnamon! I'm over here too! :) I have found posting on these LBYC threads have really helped me too! You travel a lot - I'm a bit jealous - but we are coming to the UK in May! I turn 50 in Feb but my DH, DS&DIL and DD are coming with us and so we have to wait until May, plus it'll be a bit warmer. We looked at doing a Cruise - but settled on 12 days in Scotland! I'm really excited - a place I've always wanted to go! Then in the fall - the New England cruise to see the colors and light houses! Wasn't Alaska such fun!?! We loved it - and if there wasn't so much planned for next year already - I'd try and go again! :)

Kathy - DH and I had a discussion last night about that same 1.5 lbs that sneak up on your scales every so often and is really hard to get rid of! aargh!

Mo, LadieSadie & Jan - & everyone else have a great weekend!

Hello Kathy & fellow losers,

Wow, I go away for 2 weeks and now I have pages to read. I don't have time right now as I'm off to Mtl to visit our dads, but I will when I get back. so welcome everyone, those I already know & those I will get to know.

Our trip was amazing. Venice is fantastic. Brillance Of the Seas is a beautiful ship - you will love it Kathy. It appears that I gained about 2-3 lbs over the whole 15 days. I'm actually amazed I gained at all, because we walked 1000 miles and I ate very well. NO BREAD with dinner - ever. I asked for a plate of cut up veggies, which they had ready for me each night when I arrived at our table. So when they were passing around the bread, I had my veggies. I always asked for a side plate of steamed vegetables, no potatoes or rice on my plate. By the time we finished eating, I was usually too full to even taste the desserts, but if it was something I really liked, I would taste it - not eat the whole thing. I usually ordered fish or chicken.

The cruise was amazing. Very port intensive, with only 1 sea day at the end. It was a much needed rest. Corfu, Amalfi Coast & Rome were my favorite stops. We ended in Barcelona, which I have to say was ok. I don't have any burning desire to revisit, but if someone paid my way, I wouldn't say no!

So, back to reality. Both dads still in hospital. It was hard being away, but we did call them often. 5 euros bought a 45 min calling card in Italy. It was nice to keep in touch. So, I have to leave now. I will check in at the end of the weekend.

Eat well not junk. Walk to the store or your friends house, don't drive.

Be healthy - not on a diet.

I would love to lose another 10 lbs too. And I definitely have the travel bug. Not sure where our next stop will be - but I know I'm going :D

Ciao

Cindy :)

Welcome back Cindy! We missed you on the boards! Glad to hear that you had a wonderful trip...want to hear all about it when you get back from visiting your dads. Hope you came home to better news about the 2 of them, it must have been very hard for you and your dh to leave knowing they were both still in the hospital. But I'm so glad that you liked the trip and your ship and you are amazing...you really were good on the ship with your meal choices! Good for you! I wish I had your will power. So where are you off to on your next cruise? Hmmmmmm so many wonderful choices out there...:D

Have a good weekend and I look forward to hearing all about the trip!

Kathy

Hi Everyone and Welcome Cinnamon...

DH and I just got back from our place in the pines. We live in Phoenix and with the summer we've had ... we needed to get out of the heat! We've had a place about 2 hours north of us for the past 6 years. It's nice to get away from life as we know it here occasionally. We take our puppy (7 year old puppy) Sossie. She's a pretty good traveller and loves to go exploring up there. All sorts of new smells.

I haven't even gotten on the scale yet. Guess I'll do that tomorrow. I didn't really get in any exercise. Too many hills up there and my knee wasn't up to it. Back to the gym tomorrow with my personal trainer. She'll beat me up and I'll complain, but it will be great.:rolleyes:

I'd love to do all the cruising that you do Cinnamon. In fact, I'd love to cruise Europe or England area. My dad was air force and we were stationed in Burtonwood for almost 4 years. I moved there when I was about 6 weeks old, so unfortunately, I don't remember any of it. (except what I've been told or seen in pictures). I'd love to get back and see it. We'll have to do that one day.

We've been on RCCL and NCL. We LOVED RCCL, and used to like NCL, but not since they've changed to "freestyle". Our last cruise was Hawaii. We flew from Phx to Oahu - didn't want all that open water. The only good thing about the cruise was the penthouse suite. They upgraded us and it was fantastic!:D It was a 2 bedroom, 2 bath suite with a butler and a huge balcony! I loved it. The rest of the trip was horrible. Oh well.

Since I'm prone to motion sickness, on our first cruise, my hubby took me on a short 4 day cruise out of San Pedro to Ensenada. We even went through a freak hurricane and I "weathered" it (sorry:o ) ok. That cabin only had a teeny tiny porthole - so for the next cruise, we upgraded to a larger room. That ship didn't have balconies, but big picture windows. However, at the last minute I invited DH's parents to join us. The ship was almost sold out, so they got one of the last rooms at the back of the ship. But when we got on board and went to find our cabin - you guessed it ... they got our cabin and we got theirs. You could literally stand and put your arms out and touch wall to wall!:eek:

We asked if we could change and the ship was sold out. We couldn't ask his parents to change - they were so thrilled with their (our) room and their (our wine and fruit basket and anniversary cake!). So...the next cruise, I said "we're getting a mini suite" and we've never gone back! But I sure wouldn't mind a penthouse each time. That was better than good!

For Alaska - we're doing a mini suite.

Back to the weight ... UGH. I know a lot of women who are on WW. I'm wondering if I should try that. I'll be 52 next month and I'm really struggling. Don't know if not having a thyroid is part of it. I do know that menopause is. Lack of good cardio isn't helping. I'm hoping that working with my personal trainer will start to show some good results. I'm really trying to be careful with what I'm eating. I guess it will just take some time.

It really erks me that it takes no time at all to put it on. It's just sooooo easy, and it seems like it takes an act of congress to get it off! And I think we all know how congress works!:p

Well, better get to the laundry. It doesn't get done by itself! Hope you all have had an enjoyable weekend. Talk to you later -

Joyce

Hi Joyce...sounds like you had a nice weekend away. Sounds like your leg was giving you trouble again...that's ashame...hopefully your trainer can help you work through all that. Wow...a penthouse suite...that must have been incredible! We have never seen the "upgrade fairy" yet...keep wishing that one of these cruises we would. I've read on the boards about people all of a sudden getting a call saying that they have upgraded them...that must be great! I loved the Junior Suite that we had, we have another one booked for next September...now I'm hooked and can't go back! :)

I got a good walk in today, but it was so warm...I can't get over this weather for this time of the year...it feels like August here right now! We had a couple nice fall like days and wham....right back into the heat again...it was so warm and humid last night that I put my air back on...I hated having to do that. I haven't been on the scale for the last 2-3 days, I think I'm going to try to keep it to once a week so I don't get frustrated...there's too much fluctuation in the scale from day to day and I'm getting aggravated...maybe once a week would be better for me right now. I know what you mean though about how easy it is to put those pounds back on again once you've lost a little and you're right...it DOES almost take an act of Congress to get it off again. I was looking at the new fall clothes and saw some tighter fitting things and so there is my motivation...I have to find my waist again though...somewhere it got lost in the shuffle and the weight gain...I know it's there somewhere! :D But I would like to at least be able to really see my waistline by Christmas. I'm going to give it my best shot...back to counting points again...it worked for me before...here's hoping it will again.

Well...having the family for dinner tonight...I better get moving, it certainly isn't going to cook itself...have a good evening everyone and hope everyone had a good weekend.

Kathy

Kathy

What waist!!!! I haven't seen that in years. In fact, I don't think I ever had one. (Unfortunately, my husband's memory is different on that subject).

I keep thinking that they sell just about everything on ebay - maybe I could go there and look for a new "core" area, smaller hips, a better working knee, something to "unsag" my "saggie-sadies", etc. If anyone knows where I'd find this, let me know.:confused:

Anyway, back to reality. I used to weigh myself every morning at the same time. My trainer has told me that is one of the worst things you can do. I'm now only weighing myself on Friday mornings. That way, I start the weekend knowing what the weight is. If I'm down - it's more motivation to keep it that way over the weekend. If it's up, I work even harder over the weekend. I guess our body weight - especially women - fluctuate not just daily, but hourly. It's just too frustrating to weigh myself every day. I need positive reinforcement.

Kathy and Jean - I have a 7 year old Shihtzu. Her name is Sossie and she is our "baby girl". Everyone gets along just fine as long as we remember she is the boss!:p She's so cute, but man is she spoiled. Our fault though. She is definitely a mommy's girl. She follows me everywhere. But we love her. Aren't dogs wonderful. They give us so much and ask for so little.

Jean - what part of May did you do Alaska? Can't believe you wore shorts in Ketchikan. We're going the last week of May and hoping the weather will be nice. Did you get a lot of rain? What ship did you go on? Any insight you can give us on Alaska and it's ports? We also want to do a New England cruise next fall. What ship and itinerary are you thinking about? We love RCCL. Alaska will be our first Princess cruise.

Cinnamon - what about your Alaska cruise. When did you go? And wow - a transatlantic in November and Baltic in May. I'll bet you're excited. By the way, what part of England?

Well, better run. Hope you all have a nice evening.

Joyce

Sorry I have been MIA. I have to go into Toronto this morning to drop a duffle at my daughter office so someone can take it to her in Kenya on the weekend. ( We live about 2 hours away)

I promise to post soon and do plan to be here more often.

Have a light day!

Mo

.I used to weigh myself every morning at the same time. My trainer has told me that is one of the worst things you can do.

Cinnamon - what about your Alaska cruise. When did you go? And wow - a transatlantic in November and Baltic in May. I'll bet you're excited. By the way, what part of England?

Joyce

Hi Joyce and everyone,

Sorry to have been rude. I logged on and posted a week or so ago and then nothing. Several reasons. Extra time at work and busy evenings too but mostly I have been a bit down. I posted about it on one of the other streams here. I usually frequent the RB WW chat and am doing the 10% challenge. I have plateaued and only lost half a pound in 3 weeks.

Anyway to answer questions. I live in Surrey, southern England, about 30 miles southwest of London in a village of about 4000 people. I have been a yo-yo dieter for a long time but am determined to stop that now. I have to weigh myself every morning because when I stop doing that I stop bothering to watch my weight and then the rot sets in.

My DH is retired and I am a part time dental hygienist so we travel about 8 weeks a year. Our older of son lives in Calgary so we combined our first Alaska cruise with a visit to see him. It was a round trip from Vancouver in mid June on Infinity. Celebrity is our favourite line with Princess and RCCL second and third. After the Constellation in May we will be Elite status on Celebrity and therefore Diamond on RCCL which encourages us to use them. We choose cruises on itinerary and price. We have a balcony cabin if it is affordable but just an outside in costly areas such as the Baltic next May.

We have done several European, including round Britain, New Zealand to Australia, Mexican coast from California twice and of course Caribbean. 16 so far! Yes, I am an addict, hence the weight problems. I have always struggled but it is all the trips that are making it worse, plus at my age it is harder to lose. I have been reading a lot on LBYC and am determined to stay focused on our Transatlantic in 5 + weeks. We will stay in Lauderdale for a week after the cruise in a Timeshare exchange resort and at least self cater for breakfast and lunch.

Enough about me. I will keep reading and posting here. At least while I am on the PC it stops me eating!

Cinnamon

Good morning all!

Cinnamon...you sound so down...I'm sorry. I can relate to the scale "thing" and having to get on it every morning or else you feel like you are setting yourself up for failure...I certainly hear you on that one. I tried stopping and weighing myself once a week because it was getting too depressing by weighing myself every morning and not seeing any change or else the scale was moving in the wrong direction! :eek: I had been told by so many people that weighing in every morning was absolutely the wrong thing to do, but bottom line...it worked for me last time when I lost the weight before our cruise and I found, like you, that if I don't get on every morning that I will lose the motivation and find a reason to cheat and then the pounds will come back instead of go off....if that makes any sense. I, like you too had plateaued for a while last time dieting and someone had told me to increase what I was doing exercise wise, which for me was walking, they said to increase how far I walked for a while and you know...that actually helped...I lost a 1/2 lb and then from there started to lose again. That was probably the best advice I had been given and felt so much better again when I saw the scale start to move in the right direction again. Hang in there...you'll be fine...you sure sound like you have the will and the determination to do this...you will get those pounds off! :)

Oh how I envy you being able to travel 8 weeks out of the year...how wonderful that sounds! My dh usually gets about 6 weeks vacation a year but only 2 weeks of that is spent for travel, the rest is spent in getting things done at home. We loved Celebrity the one time that we had cruised with them...their service and food was outstanding and we would love to try them again. We have never cruised on Princess because we have heard not the greatest reviews...but it sounds like you liked them...maybe we should give them a thought too for future cruising.

Keep the faith...you're plateau will come to an end soon and you will continue on your weight loss...just try to increase whatever it is that you are doing exercise wise and see if that helps...or maybe add in an extra walk ...good luck!

Kathy

Kathy, one of the main reasons I have been feeling low is beacause of having Plantar Fasciitis in my feet. It is very painful to stand or walk any distance at all, that is why my exercise is restricted at present. I go to Curves as the resistance machines are sitting down and just do low impact moves on the recovery boards between. I should be receiving some very expensive Orthotics in about 4 weeks and hope things will begin to improve then.

We should really spend more time getting things done at home too but we are not very good at that sort of thing and are happy to put up with old decor and such.

The cruise lines themselves seem to consider Celebrity, Princess and HAL to be Premium lines and RCCL, Carnival, NCL etc. to be slightly lower grade. In theory that should be reflected in pricing, but if you add in the area, season and facilities on the ships it is a lot more complicated. I know that if you compare a 7 night Caribbean cruise on a given week between similar ships that the 'Premium' lines do cost a bit more. We always look for bargains and I look forward to retiring in just over a year and being able to take late deals as well. At present all my holiday time has to be booked 6 months ahead.

I am cheerier today, being positive about changing from WW Points to the Core plan. I will see what happens on Thursday evening at WI. :)

Cinnamon, for your feet: make thee a slant board to stand on which will stretch the tendons (I think that's what gets stretched...) Anyway it doesn't matter just do it and it will work. Make it wide enough to stand on comfortably. About 15 " should do it. Make the riser at the back about 3-4 " high and then put a top on it on which you will stand. You will also need triangualr shaped sides to support the top. It is shaped like a wedge when finished.

Stand on it with your heels at the bottom and your toes at the top. You may need to steady yourself by holding onto something. Do this for a few minutes several times per day and your PF will be cured. My husband came up with this to treat his patients and we have all used it at various times. We have several of these around the house. We make them out of plywood.

The stretch it gives you is similar to the one where you stand on the bottom step and let your heels drop. But this is better. More controlled and less chance of injury.

Ooohhh, there is nothing worse than getting out of bed and having it hurt so much to get going....you may not even need your orthotics!

Good luck. I also weigh daily. It keeps me mindful, even when it is not going in the direction I want.

Mo

Mo - I had this problem and the slant board helped SOOO Much!

Haven't had to do it in a long long time - but OWWIEE!! When it Hurts!

Where'd everyone go!?!

My Mom arrived last night for a 2 week visit - I think she has an eye on a bag of apples that will turn into an Apple Crisp or something like that by the time I get home from work!! :eek: Bless her heart!! LOL!!:D

Have a great day!

Hi Everyone...

I'm with Jean...where did everyone go? Busy times I guess...:) Jean...my daughter just brought me a nice big bag of apples and as we speak, they are cooking away for applesauce! I thought if I don't add sugar, it may be something that I can eat that won't pile on the pounds....but then who knows anymore. I've been trying to be good about what I'm eating...I was mortified last weekend when I got on my scale and saw that it had me gaining 6 lbs since our cruise in August...I cut out all the snacks after dinner and went back to counting points or at least watching everything that I'm eating and I lost a pound...better than gaining. If I can drop those 5 more lbs...we'll see what motivation I have then. I think I'm in a slump right now. If I could at least maintain once I've gotten back down those 5 lbs...I'd be happy for a little while anyway. I felt so much better with those 5 lbs off...I started walking again so hopefully that too will help.

Well...off to watch those apples...have a good day all! :)

Kathy

Mo, I have not heard of a slant board before. However, having spent a small fortune on the Orthotics, when they arrive I will wear them constantly to heal my feet. I am almost sick of reading about PF, I have done so much research and the specialised Orthotocs are the one thing that is consistently recommended by so many people. The Specialist I saw said that th eproblems in my feet were being made worse by the stretches at present, so I am just playing a waiting game now till the magic things arrive.

Kathy, I'm sure if you knuckle down you can see off those 5lbs.

NMCruzzin, how lovely to have your Mum cooking for you. My mother died in 1998 but before that she had had Parkinson's disease fior 34 years. I can hardly remember when she was able to cook a meal without help. Enjoy your Mum's company!

Cinnamon - So sorry for your feet pain! :( I do hope you get some relief soon! It's pretty hard to get mentally motivated to go walking/hiking when the 2 things (feet) that carry you hurt so much!

I lost my Dad in 1998 - So, yes, it is wonderful that she can come down for a visit. I have 4 sisters and we may see the day in a few years that she will be on a roatating basis of living with 4 of her 5 daughters through out the year, so I don't mind her finding her way around my kitchen and feeling comfortable cooking when she wants too. We'll see how that goes. This weekend we have the Int'l Hot Air Balloon Fiesta - which goes for 10 days. She loves sitting on our front porch swing in the morning and watching them float over our house!

More family dropping in for the next 2 weekends, and a few here and there during next week. They can help eat the Apple Crisp! LOL!

Kathy, I've been playing tag with about 3 lbs for the last month! :eek: Grrrr ! This morning is the first time that so far they haven't caught back up with me in 2 days! YAY :D

Jean...Good for you...you must be doing something right if you lost those 3 lbs...I can't get past this 1 lb off...it's been like a yo-yo...up and down and up and down. Keep up the good work...enjoy the time with your mom there and your family...sounds very relaxing sitting on the front porch swing watching those hot air balloons over head. And apple crisp...that has to be one of my favorites...I love this time of the year because of all the apples. :)

Kathy

I love apple crisp!!! Do you use brown sugar for the crust or oatmeal?

I haven't been on for awhile ... and like others I have been yo-yoing myself with the same 3 1/2 pounds over and over again .... this week though I added (lost) an additional 1 pound, so I'm actually down from where I've been before.

It does get discouraging ... I had such great plans to be at my goal weight by now. It would be so easy to just say "forget it" and just start eating everything in the cupboards (I'm an emotional eater) .... plus kid problems, too much work, etc. etc. BUT I've come to far, so I will continue to "vent" to you all .... stamp my feet .... mumble, grumble, whine and pout ... then I'll just keep plugging away.

Thanks all for listening! Jan

Mo & Jan....saw your weight loss post on Thur weigh in - Wow...your both

doing really well! Congrats!

I use a oatmeal, touch of brown sugar, soft butter and walnut topping. It looks

really good...I'll have some tonight after dinner - just have to taste some things!

Have a great weekend!

Archived