Real Popcorn! Have you ever brought a microwave?

Spudhunter

So long as your trophy isn't my son... although as he's a 2 going on 3 yr old there are days I wish I had that dart gun myself! ;) :D

Please don't think I am a child hater. My DD started cruising with us at 18 months and is still going with us at 24 years old. I am just having fun.

I love my popcorn, and I'm just not happy with the plain old popcorn that's available in some of the bars on board. It's usually stale and tastes like carboard. I prefer my gourmet microwave kettle corn, and intend to bring at least half a case with me.

I have a small 1.0 cu foot microwave that just fits in my carryon. Do you think anyone would give me a hassle about bringing it onboard Mariner on my upcoming trip? I'm responsible, I won't leave the room while the corn is popping, and I'll unplug it when I'm done.

Has anyone done this?

I think this is a great idea!:D My DH really likes to watch TV sitting in his LazyBoy - maybe we'll bring it along too!

I love my popcorn, and I'm just not happy with the plain old popcorn that's available in some of the bars on board. It's usually stale and tastes like carboard. I prefer my gourmet microwave kettle corn, and intend to bring at least half a case with me.

I have a small 1.0 cu foot microwave that just fits in my carryon. Do you think anyone would give me a hassle about bringing it onboard Mariner on my upcoming trip? I'm responsible, I won't leave the room while the corn is popping, and I'll unplug it when I'm done.

Has anyone done this?

We made friends with one of the brtenders on a Princess ship. I mentioned how much I missed real popcorn on the ship. After a stop in St. thomas he had gotten some for me and had it waiting when we got back on board that afternoon. Maybe if you bring your own microwave popcorn he will make some for you!:D Ooops! sorry I am a big fan of popcorn and didn't know they were kidding.

We made friends with one of the brtenders on a Princess ship. I mentioned how much I missed real popcorn on the ship. After a stop in St. thomas he had gotten some for me and had it waiting when we got back on board that afternoon. Maybe if you bring your own microwave popcorn he will make some for you!:D Ooops! sorry I am a big fan of popcorn and didn't know they were kidding.

Who knows if they WERE Kidding? LOL....u never know:D

Please don't think I am a child hater. My DD started cruising with us at 18 months and is still going with us at 24 years old. I am just having fun.

I totally know that you were kidding... and as my son has been teething molars the past week and not napping I wasn't either when I said the dart gun sounds like a good idea sometimes! :D

As for what to bring... didn't you all forget about the computer and printer so you can print off your digital photos while still on the ship? I mean why wait, right? :D

I can't wait until we cruise. We spend ton's of money to fly to our embarkation port, spend a day or two exploring, cruise for a week, spend two more days having fun, fly home, go back to work for another year, reminisce and look at all the pictures we took, book another cruise. Then we sit around the house thinking about the wonderfull popcorn we had while on vacation. GET A GRIP ON REALITY PEOPLE!!!!!!

Popcorn is not going to make or break a vacation.

This is the most ridiculous thread I have ever read!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't wait until we cruise. We spend ton's of money to fly to our embarkation port, spend a day or two exploring, cruise for a week, spend two more days having fun, fly home, go back to work for another year, reminisce and look at all the pictures we took, book another cruise. Then we sit around the house thinking about the wonderfull popcorn we had while on vacation. GET A GRIP ON REALITY PEOPLE!!!!!!

Hey, lighten up - it's just one of those sarcastic, fun threads. Sheesh.

As the OP, I'm ready to bestow the awards now!

The award for taking a theme and running with it goes to:

Personally, I don't consider those little microwave packs to be "real popcorn", anyway. That's why I prefer to bring some real popcorn, along with a kettle with lid, some vegetable oil (peanut oil has a nice flavor, but canola will do) and a camp stove. The tricky part is getting the small propane cylinder for the camp stove onto the ship. You run the risk that security might confiscate it, if they think you're really hiding alcohol in it.

The award for best use of visual aids goes to:

Don't you wonder sometimes where these posters come from? As pointed out by Linda, Spudhunter has only 3 postings all related to this thread. You really don't know if you should applaud their sense of humor or worry about them.

sense_of_humor.jpg Question%2520Mark.jpg 81.98.84.jpgQuestion%2520Mark.jpg

The award for Best Research is a two way tie:

Found the post on the fridge

My fiance and I will be going on the Sensation 4 day cruise to the Bahamas (our first ever cruise). I do not want to add an extra $50 just for drinks to our ever growing list of vacation expenses. We won't have a fridge in our room, so I was wondering if a cooler would be the best option? We will be taking a small fridge for a stay in Orlando after the cruise, but I don't know whether that would be allowed or not (???). It would probably be easier to use the fridge but if we aren't allowed to bring that on then is there a way that we can get ice put into the cooler on a daily basis? I'm not really too sure when we would be drinking much soda in the room anyway though since we will be eating all our meals at the restaurants on the ship. For those of you who have brought your own drinks, do you bring drinks into the restaurants as well or do you just order one there?

And....

For what it is worth..this is only $199 and has a nice handle:

wavebox.jpg

PORTABLE MICROWAVE

The award for the post which most unfortunately missed the humor of the thread:

And finally, the award for the post which had me scratching my head wondering if THEY were serious:

Personally I like to bring my own fondue set. Have to pack the fondue forks in my luggage though. We do chocolate fondue with fruit from the Windjammer. Later on in the day we do a cheese fondue while we wait for dinner. Yum. Yum.

Congratulations to the winners! :D

The award for best use of visual aids goes to:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Az Ocean Sky Breeze viewpost.gif

Don't you wonder sometimes where these posters come from? As pointed out by Linda, Spudhunter has only 3 postings all related to this thread. You really don't know if you should applaud their sense of humor or worry about them.

sense_of_humor.jpg Question%2520Mark.jpg 81.98.84.jpgQuestion%2520Mark.jpg

13535__3fields_l.jpg

I HUMBLY ACCEPT THIS AWARD MR POTATO HEAD.

I FIRST WANT TO THANK ALL THE PEOPLE I HAVE EVER MET, MY MOM AND DAD - I WISH THEY WERE HERE TO SEE ME GET THIS AWARD- MY WONDERFUL HUSBAND AND 2 CHILDREN. MOST OF ALL I WANT TO THANK ALL THE POSTERS I HAVE BEEN SO HONORED TO POST ALONGSIDE ON CRUISE CRITIC. WITHOUT THEIR LOVE AND SUPPORT I NEVER WOULD HAVE HAD THE COURAGE TO DO IT.

"YOU LOVE ME YOU REALLY LOVE ME!!!"

Laura

MY DH would want me to bring his LazyBoy and Big screen for by the pool, and his firepit and tripod so we can have a campfire on the balcony while we are grilling steaks. I think I could fit most of that in my luggage, not sure about the big screen though!

Ooh, I'm gonna come sit by your cruiseship firepit and make s'mores!!! :D :p

You know what, too? I don't like the brand of ice cream the cruise serves. I think I'll bring my own - a bunch of the bucket-sized Creations from Cold Stone Creamery! I'll have to bring my own giant freezer for the week's worth of ice cream, too. Wait a minute, it won't taste the same after being in the freezer for a week. Guess I'll have to bring my own ice cream-making machine and a cold stone to mix the mix-ins in on! :p

FREE POPCORN FOR EVERYONE -ON THE HOUSE- TONIGHT! ENJOY!!

popcorn_machine_big.jpg

NOW YOU JUST HAVE TO DECIDE WHICH DRINK YOU WANT TO GO WITH IT.

pepsi2neon.jpg

new-coke-2.jpg

618-1.jpg

CONGRATULATIONS TO THE GRAND PRIZE WINNER DRAWN AT RANDOM.. FITZ LA!

SNFEMU1000W_1_1_240.jpg

THANK YOU FOR COMING TO THE AWARDS CEREMONY TONIGHT WITH YOUR SPECIAL HOST "SPUDHUNTER-MR POTATO HEAD" GLAD YOU ALL COULD MAKE IT!

cs_mph.jpg

THIS ENDS TONIGHTS FESTIVITIES!!!

Has anyone done this?

Can I bring my pizza oven too. No way is the pizza as good as any NY pizza?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!

And my wine making stuff out of my basement. I got a batch that will be wine by the end of the cruise I'm going on!?!?!?!?! No way any of the swill the serve on board is better than my homemade stuff!!?!?!?

ROTFLMAO.... :D :D

This one beats the crockpot... :eek:

The camp stove would require open flame...I'm thinking the popping of the corn might get security coming after the pop operator, perhaps get them classified a terrorist with the open flame etc...

Crockpot is pretty funny...with room service can't see that the weight of a cp in luggage would ever be worth it.

The way microwave popcorn manages to often set off smoke/fire alarms in hospitals around here I would hate to think what would happen on the ship. I can see it now, here comes a ton of crew some dressed out to fight a fire only to find a bag of burned popcorn. :eek:

You might want to consider bringing a rolling gas grill. I'm sure if you turned the heat up high it could pop the corn. We like to troll for fish off the back of the ship and then grill them on the balcony.

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D :D :D

I bring all the following:

coffee pot

blender

crock pot

small refrigerator

iron

curling iron

hair dryer

3 - extension cords with spaces for six plugs

Foreman grill

electric razors (his and hers - rechargable)

popcorn maker

hot plate

one small sauce pan and skillet

over the door shoe holder (for cosmetics)

BB gun to shoot out neighbor's balconey lights

fishing poles

inflatable pool

night lights

sheets and pillowcases

ice chest (I don't drink soda or beer - it just a good portable seat to have in the cabin)

Bubba mug

bathrobe (so I can go to the buffet in my PJs)

tranquiler dart gun (in case of obnoxious children or drunks)

door decorations (including strings of lights)

blow up doll (to save chair by pool)

duct tape and bungee cords (never used them in 30 years of cruising, but you never know)

I don't think I have forgotten anything.;)

ok, now I am literally peeing my pants !!! ROTFLOLLOLOLOLOLOL :D :D

Has anyone done this?

Coffee pots, microwaves, blenders, extra booze.........I just can't sleep on any other bed then my own, I wonder if I can have mine sent to the ship and loaded in my cabin just for the week so I can be absolutely comfortable. I am also quite fond of my own car so maybe I can get them to pack it as well so I can drive around the islands in comfort. Then there is my easy chair in the livingroom, yes, I think I need that as well.

Archived