New york-Red Hook Brooklyn

jerwick

We are doing a stop at Brooklyn Red Hook for the day on a repositioning cruise. Have been to NYC many times in past so looking for interesting things to do in the area of the Red Hook terminal. Any suggestions?

Do tour operators hang out in this area? On the website it looks pretty bleak in the surrounding area. Appreciate any help.

Jerry

Try www.nycruise.com and www.inredhook.com. Both have port info. From what I hear from another thread, there is nothing here but to embark or disembark. All the action is in Manhatten.

Well ofcourse all the action is in Manhatten :D !!!

I really just want to have the correct address because I have heard where many car services are really not sure where it is, which I thought was odd !m

Thank-You, have a great cruise !!!

Is it easy to get a cab from the port to Manhatten? Anyone know the price. Any better ideas besides a cab? Thanks

When we arrived at Red Hook there were a line of cabs waiting for passengers. You should have no problem getting a cab to Manhatten. I can't remember the cost but it is worth it. There is not much around Red Hook and it is a little tricky getting out of there. It is a newer dock and even some of the cabbies have had to figure out the best way in and out of there.

Archived