Air - Toronto to San Juan

KAWS

For anyone that's travelled this route:

Is it better to fly from Toronto or book a Toronto to ?? and the ?? to San Juan? What would be the best connection, considering it's going to be March when we're travelling so weather could very well be a factor. We will travel the day before but still......I got delayed at JFK till the next day on a flight from JFK to Buffalo before!!

There doesn't seem to be anything direct anyway, but I am just wondering. I'm also wondering when the best time to book would be. I'm thinking soonest that I can. It's going to be pricey at any rate I'm sure but can anyone give me some insight?

Thanks.

For anyone that's travelled this route:

Is it better to fly from Toronto or book a Toronto to ?? and the ?? to San Juan? What would be the best connection, considering it's going to be March when we're travelling so weather could very well be a factor. We will travel the day before but still......I got delayed at JFK till the next day on a flight from JFK to Buffalo before!!

Thanks.

If it was me I would prefer to fly from YYZ .

AC does have a non stop & you might try booking air only through AC VACATIONS or ask if your TA uses consolidators.

Fly in a day or more early

By the time you drive to BUF get a hotel worry if you will make the connecting flight etc...

It is worth the extra $$ for less stress for me.

You shoould go to travelocity or expedia and compare flights from YYZ and BUF to SJU. YYZ are ridiculously expensive.

What dates are you flying? Air Canada has non-stops on the weekends but it looks like the ones around March break are close to full. If you were going later in March, you could fly down and back on Saturday or Sunday for just under $700 pp.

Also, with the weather always being 'the' question, I've heard that people will try to get a connection as far south as possible. That way if storms show up,at least you will on your way.

Last February we flew Ottawa to Newark to San Juan. All went smoothly.

There is a direct flight with AC or AC can get you there via Boston. The other option is with US Airways...AC does code shares with them.

In February Princess had us connecting in Atlanta with US Airways and it took FOREVER to get to SJ.

We are going through this again in December. I hope we get the direct flight but as Princess is booking the air I'm sure it won't be direct.

The direct flight might be more expensive (not by that much) but you get to SJ in 4 hrs whereas with a connecting flight you are looking at a minimum of 8hrs.

The other option is Buffalo but there won't be any direct flights all are connecting via Cincinati or Atlanta.

You can do Jetblue from Buffalo, with a short connection time in New York. They don't have flights open for March yet so you'd have to keep checking their website. Cheap seats sell quickly though.

Strongly recommend flying a day ahead. If you do choose to go the day of the cruise, whatever airline you go with, take the earliest possible flight, to give you options in case of schedule foul-ups. Makes for a very long day.

I did this a couple of years ago during the school break. We went with Delta through a local Toronto travel agent who is also online. T.O.-Atlanta-San Juan...about $600 Can. return each. Also, I watched AC flights go from $700 up direct flights from T.O. to San Juan...should have booked soon as they opened up, but wanted to go a couple of days early because of the weather, so chose the Delta flight.

Archived