Guys: 1/3 of you don't wash after...

C 2 C

What is it with the guys. The latest study indicate that we even lie about it.

One in every three guys I/you shake hands with don't bother washing hands after they visit the rest room.

The next time I hear about NLV onboard I would like to know if the virus strikes men and women alike or if one is more likely to get it then the other sex because men are accustomed to living with germs.

http://www.thestar.com/living/article/257532

The next time I hear about NLV onboard I would like to know if the virus strikes men and women alike or if one is more likely to get it then the other sex because men are accustomed to living with germs.

C 2 C--I think you've got that backwards, it's WOMEN who have to live with the "germs," a.k.a. "men!" :p (Sorry...I couldn't resist!)

Unfortunately, there are some that have not learned the basics of sanitation. To paraphrase someone I overheard, "That guy must think he has the cleanest ............ in town." One has to wonder how they ever got out of the third grade without learning to wash their hands.

By coincidence, there happened to be guys from WVU, Pitt, and Princeton in the same rest stop mens' room. The guy from Pitt used the urinal and proceded to the sink where he soaped and scrubbed his hands, fingernails, and forearms for about 30 seconds. As he was drying his hands with several towels, he announced to the others, "I went to Pitt, and they taught us to be very meticulous and sanitary." The guy from Princeton was next. After he was done, he ran a little water with a couple drops of soap on just the hand he held with, and used just one towel. He proclaimed, "I went to Princeton and they taught us to respect our resources and be conservative." Then, the guy from WVU went. After he was done, he bypassed the sink and, as he walked out the door, he bragged "I went to WVU and they taught us not to pee on our hands":D

JUST KIDDING! I never fail to wash my hands, so if you see me coming out of a rest room, the next two guys are guilty.

OOOEEE:D :D Bob and Phyl

I went to WVU and they taught us not to pee on our hands":D

It's not the urine that creates the problem. The ammonia is a disinfectant.

I remember reading a book by Wilbur Smith about a guy on a sailing ship using urine as a disinfectant for a wound .. a little google search and:

http://www.ehow.com/how_2075188_use-urine-cure-fungus.html

Oh, no, believe me...a fair percentage of women are just as guilty when it comes to not hitting the sink post-evacuation. I think the polled stats were one in ten confessed to not doing so, although to me that means at least three in ten.

Please, PLEASE, NOOOOOOO!:eek: Surely not women? We're perfect!:D:D:D

Honestly? Women LIED to the pollsters and you're being generous when you suppose 3 in 10. Airport bathrooms...scary perspective on society.:eek:

Denise

Hi Les:)

By finally, I assume you are referring to this century;) I hate to tell you, but Dorsett isn't coming back:p

Q. What has 40 breasts and 5 front teeth?

A. Ten WVU cheerleaders! :eek:

Good to talk with you again. Last time, I mentioned the Peddlers buffet in Vienna. The owner was a big WVU fan. We have gone to a few WVU games in Morgantown. The last time I was there, I watched someone drive a VW down the steps in front of a college hall across from the stadium.

Les

Okay, I am a full on scrubber of my hands...... seen Leo in "The Aviator" ...that is me.... after having clean hands, you then have to touch the dirty tap, and worse - the door handle....:(

I usually get a paper towel and wrap the handle with it and then toss the paper. I have issues yes, but at least you know my hands are clean! :cool:

M

Hi again Les,

The owner you are referring to is Tom Longmire, and he graduated from WVU the year after me. He's been a friend for over 35 years, and I actually was assistant manager at the Peddler for a short while when I was between other jobs.

Come on down to the game December 1st. Was that a black VW?

I'm finding this sort of humorous. Question, how may of you go to a fast food restaraunt/starbucks, whatever and wash your hands after getting your change before eating your food? That change has passed through a lot of hands (mostly unwashed) before you get it. While many fast food chains make sure that the cashier wears gloves or at least doesn't touch the food, they sure don't disinfect the bills/coins before handing them on to the next customer.

...Come on down to the game December 1st....

Well, to make this comment sound a little bit like it about cruising..... I don't think I can make the game. I am allergic to the smoke from smoldering couches! ;)

I think the VW was yellow.

I worked on the startup and commissioning phase of a project for Shell in Belpre in the late '70's early '80's timeframe. We went to the Peddler at least once a week over a three month period. I think the barmaid's name was Betty. She used to make a lot of manhattans as mistakes in drink orders and send them over to us. Lots of fun.

Les

JUST KIDDING! I never fail to wash my hands, so if you see me coming out of a rest room, the next two guys are guilty.

ME TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

By the way, I am glad that it was a poll which was taken...my first thought upon reading the OP was, "Who would stay for hours in a men's room in order to gather such as statistic?":eek: A certain Senator, perhaps? :)

Hand washing kills many evils, but one has to know proper hand washing technique. The other night I was watching the news about the supervirus that seems to be lurking in locker rooms, and part of the segment showed someone washing their hands to presumably prevent the virus. The water never touched the back of the person's hands, much less the soap. It reminded me of a little child rubbing their palms together under (cold) water!

So, keep in mind, there's hand washing and there's hand washing!

Mary

Archived