Carnival's Port Changes

fxstsb

>>Yes, indeed. I got the same email today. I have Vicki's email address if anyone wants to write to her. We are a family of 18 who wanted a port intensive itinerary so we are very unhappy to end up with a day at sea. I think they could have done some creative rearranging and gotten us Grand Cayman or?? Even Key West would have been better than another day at sea. Tendering would be tedious with 3000 folk on board but I would even go for that. The new itinerary is for the first cruise in Dec and all the cruises from January to April.<<

Wow, I am sailing on the Glory Dec. 1 and I haven't gotten an e-mail from Carnival. I, actually, wouldn't mind the extra sea day - that is what I hoped for from the beginning. You said this change starts with the first December sailing? I wonder why I didn't get and info.

I am sailing 10/6 on the Glory and still have not received any formal information about changes. I am working with a nationally know chain of travel agents and they have still not been notified of any changes to the itinerary. And, when I last called Carnival two days ago the gent that answered the phone actually laughed. I guess they're getting a little stressed without information. The most recent rumor I've hear is that we are Cozumel, Belize, Roatan and Freeport or Nassau depending on who you ask. I'd just like to plan for an excursion in Roatan if that's where we're going. I guess if not before I'll know in 8 days.[/quote

The sen an itenerary chage today for 10-6

Hello everybody,

Please read "glory western changes received western itinerary" thread to see that some people have gotten faxes etc. about the new western itinerary. I checked my profile for my cruise on November 3rd and found out it had been changed or up dated to include Roatan and Freeport as well as were still going to Belize.

I've also sent an e-mail to cruise critic to see if they have gotten any other word, than they have posted on Sept. 28th in Laura S's column(community mgr) She stated that they have been told that we were going to Key West and Progreso.

But, since my profile was changed and Carnival is the only one able to do it, I have a very strong feeling that we(I) will be going to Cozumel, Belize,Roatan, Freeport for the November 3rd sailing.

I'm glad we've kept this thread up to keep everyone frustrated, upset and now informed. Hopefully with the right info.

I, too, received an e-mail from Carnival stating our 1/12 Western Glory cruise will not be going to Costa Maya and that no other port will be put in its place. Instead we will be receiving $25 per person credit on our sign & sail.

It would be nice if they gave us Roatan, but I'm sure there is a good reason why they are not (maybe too many ships in port that day so they can't allow another?).

I really don't mind 3 sea days, more time for relaxing and enjoying the drink of the day! :)

I, too, received an e-mail from Carnival stating our 1/12 Western Glory cruise will not be going to Costa Maya and that no other port will be put in its place. Instead we will be receiving $25 per person credit on our sign & sail.

It would be nice if they gave us Roatan, but I'm sure there is a good reason why they are not (maybe too many ships in port that day so they can't allow another?).

I really don't mind 3 sea days, more time for relaxing and enjoying the drink of the day! :)

On one of these threads there was a Roatan chamber of commerce member who stated to everyone who read it that they cannot take any ship from January through the month of April as they are full, but they could take ships before and after that time period.

We are going in May so Carnival.com did change ours to reflect the new itinerary of Cozumel, Belize, Roatun and Freeport. They even changed all the sailings for new bookings so it is quite easy to see now which one you will get.

We are sailing the glory leaving 2/9/08. I received an e-mail from carnival today stating that carnival will not be sailing to costa maya until at least april 2008. The port will not be replaced on our cruise. We will have another sea day instead and each person will receive $25.00 on board credit

I just checked on Carnival.com for our schedule for 2/9/08 ....we will be at sea 3 days ...and ports of call are Cozumel, Belize and Nassau ...

1ph

Received the following fax from Carnival, dated 10/2/07

Carnival Glory Western Caribbean Cruises

Itinerary Change

October 6, 2007 Through November 17, 2007

December 15,2007

May 3, 2008 through November 29, 2008

Dear Carnival Guest:

We will replace the scheduled calls in Costa Maya and Nassau with visits to Isla Roatan and Feeport on the Carnival Glory Western Caribbean cruises departing October 6, 2007 through November 17, 2007; December 15, 2007 and May 3, 2008 to November 29, 2008.

Costa Maya willnot be ready for our call due to damage sustained in a recent hurricane. In addition, we could not maintain the call in Nassau because it was located too far from Roatan to offer a reasonable amount of time in port. We know that you will enjoy our visits to both Isla Roatan and Freeport.

For pre-booked shore excursions in Costa Maya or Nassau:

October 6 and October 20 departures: The onboard staff will assist you with booking an alternative excursion or provide a refund.

All other departures: We will make a comparable excursion selection in the new ports and provide you with the new excursion information. You can then accept this alternative or request a full refund. We expect to have this work completed by October 22, 2007.

Most importantly, we want to thank you for choosing Carnival for your vacation. We are looking forward to welcoming you aboard the spectacular Carnival Glory.

Sincerely,

VIcki L. Freed, CTC

Senior Vice President - Sales & Marketing

I have been scouring the internet and have found the same info.

Roatan Chamber of Commerce could not negotiate with carnival for that time period because their docks are full (but they do plan to expland in the future)--

the Grand Caymans are trying to minimize reef erosion

and several other ports were damaged and /or full.

I think a day at sea is our best bet at this point! I am not going until January and I am happy that I still have Cozumel and Belize on my itinerary!

Wow, I am sailing on the Glory Dec. 1 and I haven't gotten an e-mail from Carnival. I, actually, wouldn't mind the extra sea day - that is what I hoped for from the beginning. You said this change starts with the first December sailing? I wonder why I didn't get and info.

I got an email, then a phone call from my TA and further confirmed it by looking at Carnival's web site. I posted the info on the roll call, then booked cave tubing in Belize with cavetubing.com.

Archived