Hassle in booking Shore Excursions through NCL

dagtoking1

I have never had a problem booking shore excursions through NCL in the past. All I ever had to do was call Latitudes and the tickets were in my cabin when I boarded. Now that they have a new website I decided to try and book them online. I got a message stating I would hear about availibility within 72 hours. It's been a week and I'm still waiting. I tried calling Latitudes but they didn't want to discuss it and referred me to "shore-ex". I just called and got some snooty rep who advised me they would let me know if I was booked by email. Why is NCL getting so damn tedious? Anybody else have a problem? BTW, I am Gold on NCL so the discourtesy was a surprise.

We are going on our first NCL cruise in March....we e-mailed our requests on a Saturday morning; by Sunday, we received confirmation of our picks. We received all we asked for in the time slots we wanted.

Our experience of booking online was positive to this point; we were told through these boards that our onboard account would be billed.

Hope this helps!:)

I booked two online. Received email confirmation for one only. Tried to again book the other, waited several days for confirmation but ending up calling. There was no record of the second shore excursion so she booked it over the phone and promised an email confirmation, It's been almost two weeks and no confirmation yet. But I booked the cruise in January, made final payment weeks ago, the cruise is in December and I have NO emails or hard copies of *anything* but that one shore-ex confirmation, despite repeated requests.

I booked online and two weeks later hadn't heard anything so decided to book again. The second time I received a confirmation e-mail within a couple of hours. There's obviously some technical hitch somewhere along the line.

spoke to a wonderful lady by the name of Gretchen -

she checked my order because there was one that was showing weird on my email confirmation - she saw it was all okay but they were having some computer issues with the billing and promised it would be fixed by the time we sail - then she also took my order for St Lucia which didn't want to take online - total I was on the phone for maybe 10 mins -

my suggestion call them - they are usually very nice - she said I could ask for her if I had any other troubles - so perhaps ask for her and I bet you will be all set after one call! :)

I actually inadvertently booked an excursion yesterday when I was playing with the online system and the email confirmation was almost immediately delievered. (as it turns out, it seems like a fun one--snorking and rays on Grand Cayman--so we kept it!)

It's encouraging that some of you heard right away. The lady I talked to yesterday said I would get email confirmation within 24 hours but again I have heard nothing. I'll call again today and ask for "Gretchen". Hopefully I'll finally be able to get somewhere. I had an outside tour booked that I cancelled that was cheaper and took me to more places; I wonder if I should have kept it now. Thanks for your responses everyone.

Archived