Amerisuites, FLL

pd52

$12.75, not a bad deal since they've raised Port Everglades from $12 a day to $15 a day. Everyones looking for increased revenue, look at Port of Miami, it went from $12 a day to $15 and just recently to $20 a day all in less then a year.

Looks like the website you provided included free parking at one time if you booked thru them. But if you and I were to book through another web site or come in off the street we'd be paying the daily fee.

I still like the Hollywood LaQuinta and Hampton Inn Plantation deals. Stay one night park free while your away. Good deal.

//////////////////////

I know it is cheaper to stay parked at some of those hotels,but saving 2.25 a day would not be worth it to me.......I rather just get off the ship and get in my car.....

The hampton with free parking............NOW we're talking!:D

Miami is up to $20 a day!!!!:eek: :eek: :eek: Thats ridiculous...........

Yes, they have a shuttle. Be sure to write each name on the sign up list individually. ;) /

Thanks for the info...Sign up I assume is for hotel to pier...Does HyattPlace provide shuttle airport to hotel? and then is it my understanding there is a free shuttle pier to airport?

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone recently stayed at the Amerisuites/Hyatt Place. How's it looking. We are booked December 20 and 21. Will it be completed by then.I noticed on their website they keep changing the date for opening. Now it says Jan 3rd.

Also how many people with luggage does the shuttle hold. We have 15. if it does not hold this many what are our options getting to the pier.

JohnXU84

Just stayed there Nov. 3 & 4th. All of the rooms are complete, they look just like the photos on hyattplace.com. The lobby area is under construction, so there isn't really any place to congregate and sit, other in the outside pool area. It was cooler and breezy when we were there, so we weren't out there much. Breakfast was pretty decent, not gourmet, but plentiful. There was cereal, juice, coffee, tea, milk, apples and bananas, mini-bagels, english muffins, jelly, etc. They also had scrambled eggs and sliced ham.

I think it was a good location. The Publix was just across the road and through a parking lot. We used it to buy sodas, etc. Loved going through Total Wine, wish I could have brought some back. They also offer wine tastings on the weekends. I ate lunch at RJ Gators, had a tasty chicken quesadilla and salad for $7.99. Plus it is always happy hour there with 2 for 1 beers, etc. We attempted to go to the Steakhouse in the center, but it was way too loud (Sunday evening pro sports) so we went back to RJ's for shrimp buckets.

Shuttle drivers were very nice, gave lots of good advice. We took the Sun Trolley (right in front of Publix) to the beach area, walked around, then took the Las Olas trolley up to Riverfront Center. We ate nachos and drank mojitos at the Ugly Tuna Saloona and watched the Sunday jazz trio play. Total round trip transportation for the day: $4 for 2 people.

started this thread some time ago.

thanks for the up date and ease getting around.

Coming down in Jan

Would think all should be complete by then.

How easy was it to use the hotel shuttles from the airport and to the ship ??

thanks

Am booked at the Sleep Inn for our March cruise, but after reading about Amerisuites/Hyatt Place, am thinking about going with them. The only negative thing I read on a Trip Adviser post was that the port shuttle was so booked that the 1st time the guest could get was 4 pm. Scary.

Am booked at the Sleep Inn for our March cruise, but after reading about Amerisuites/Hyatt Place, am thinking about going with them. The only negative thing I read on a Trip Adviser post was that the port shuttle was so booked that the 1st time the guest could get was 4 pm. Scary.

if worse comes to worse you could hop in a cab......it's close....should only be about 10 bucks then you won't have to worry about crowded shuttles....and, uh, don't most ships sail by 4 or 5??? that makes no sense....Ah well:eek:

The only negative thing I read on a Trip Adviser post was that the port shuttle was so booked that the 1st time the guest could get was 4 pm. Scary.

What's scary? :rolleyes:

The ports only 5 minutes away, if you can't get on the first shuttle then just grab a cab, cost around $7.00, money well spent.

We are headed to the Amerisuites in December as well. I just called them yesterday and they said that all of the rooms were done and they were just finishing up the lobby.

I did have a question though. When we get into the airport do we need to call them to pick us up or do they just run the shuttle. We have a two year old so I don't want to just be hanging around waiting. If that is the case maybe we will just grab a taxi.

There are large boards in the luggage carousel areas with direct phones to various hotels. Once you get your luggage, find the board with the Amerisuites connection, and call. Depending on which airline you came in on, they will tell you where to wait for the shuttle. I don't think I waited more than 10 minutes at the most, the hotel is very close to the airport. The drivers are very friendly, especially Stuart.

Just a quick FYI on the shuttle. DH and I were looking for the "Amerisuites" shuttle when we realized there was a "Hyatt" shuttle sitting right in front of us. I guess my brain was on vacation, because it took me a few minutes to make the connection and realize that was our shuttle.

Archived