Amerisuites, FLL

pd52

Bequia, Our group of 3 families with kids ranging from 14-19 are staying at the Hyatt Place (Amerisuites 17th Ave) on Dec 20th and 21st before our Christmas cruise. If there was one or two things that you would recommend as a 'MUST DO" (Restaurant and/or attraction) for our group what would that be. We will be there Thursday evening and all day Friday.

Also any updates and reviews on the progress of the Hyatt Place will be appreciated.

Thanks,

JohnXU84

Thanks to this thread I just used valuetrip to see if we can stay at the AmeriSuite/Hyatt Place before our Thanksgiving cruise.

I haven't heard back yet ... but will check back in and let you know how we make out.

I have a reservation at the Hampton Inn FLL Airport North as our fail-safe/

I booked thru valuetrips on a friday, and I received a confirmation # on monday. I then called the Amerisuites Hotel to confirm the confrimation # that valuetrips gave.....all is well.

hope it works out for you

I booked thru valuetrips on a friday, and I received a confirmation # on monday. I then called the Amerisuites Hotel to confirm the confrimation # that valuetrips gave.....all is well.

hope it works out for you

Thanks for the update!

I am hopeful that I hear in the next day or so if we are staying here. I really like the idea of staying around 17th street instead of out by the airport...

Stay tuned!

Received email confirmation from ValueTrips this morning for a rate of $149 for our pre-Thanksgiving cruise stay at Amerisuites.

I will call the hotel this morning as I need to change the bed size since I didn't realize there is a sleeper sofa in the living room.

i booked this amerisuites for January 08 on orbitz and got it for $99. $116 with tax, since i booked it i have seen the price go up $200 dollars on there and then went back down to $99, as of a week ago it was still $99.

• 2 weeks later...

We will be getting in at midnight on the 4th of January, (which is really the 5th. We will have all day on the 5th, and leave for our cruise on Jan.6th. We will be staying at Amerisuites, (Hyatt Place). I am wondering if we really need a car to enjoy ourselves on the 5th. The shuttle won't be running so we will need a cab from the airport, but there should be transporation to the cruise port. Any thoughts about a rental car? Do we really need it?

Any thoughts about a rental car? Do we really need it?

Between the water taxi and the 50 cent Sun Trolley you'll have no need for a car rental. You can see all there is to see in Ft Lauderdale using either or both modes of transportation.

Sun Trolley:

http://www.suntrolley.com/maps/convention.html

Water Taxi (bus):

http://www.watertaxi.com/FortLauderdale/FLLHome.Asp

/////////////////

Between the water taxi and the 50 cent Sun Trolley you'll have no need for a car rental. You can see all there is to see in Ft Lauderdale using either or both modes of transportation.

Sun Trolley:

http://www.suntrolley.com/maps/convention.html

Water Taxi (bus):

http://www.watertaxi.com/FortLauderdale/FLLHome.Asp

/////////////////

Thank you for answering that. The only other thing I might like to do but isn't essential, is a tour of the Everglades on a boat. It seems that taking a taxi would be cheaper than the cost of a mini van for 36 hours. ($155!)

Thank you for answering that. The only other thing I might like to do but isn't essential, is a tour of the Everglades on a boat. It seems that taking a taxi would be cheaper than the cost of a mini van for 36 hours. ($155!)

Taxi's gonna cost a bit as well, you may be better off with a limo service for a 3 hour block of time.

///////////////

We stayed here before our cruise in June. Walked to Outback in the middle of Tropical Storm Barry. Next night walked to Gators--buy one/get one free drinks.

Word of advice...they ran free shuttles if you signed up at the front desk. If they are still doing this, make sure you write one person per line. One group on our shuttle wrote "last name" 5 on the line and 4 of the "last names" had to get off. They were FURIOUS at the driver.

Oh no!! I'm sad! Yes, it was great Tex Mex and too bad because I had planned on visiting again in a couple of months! :( Thanks for the info! If there are any other dining recommendations, I would love to hear them!

we were also saddened in June when we arrived and it was closed. We went to Carlos and Pepes which we found very good.

Bill

Great info. Thanks to all.

My sis and I will be on the Navigator Nov 29 sailing and will arrive at FLL on 28th. Amerisuites/Hyatt Place sounds like a great option for precruise stay. The location sounds good as we always like to shop during our precruise stay.:D . Sounds like the Water Taxi and the Shuttle will come in handy for our shopping adventures.:p

Does the HyattPlace have shuttle from FLL and then to pier or will we need to taxi?

Thanks for your help.

DH and I spent our pre-cruise night at Amerisuites on 09-30-07. The lobby is in the process of being renovated and was all blocked off except for the reception desk.

Breakfast was served in the meeting room.

Our room was one of the newly renovated ones and was very nice. The bed was comfy, there was a nice sitting area and there was a huge flat screen tv. As others have said it looks exactly like the ones on the website.

We signed up for the first shuttle to the ship (I think it was 11:00). We had to drop some people at the airport first but everything is so close it was no big deal. The driver was very friendly.

I didn't use the pool but my in-laws did and seemed to enjoy it. We did sit by the pool and have a few drinks as we tried to get into vacation mode.

All in all it was a positive experience, although my in-laws did complain about the noise from the air conditioner. They have central air and aren't used to the noise. We have an old window unit so we didn't even notice.

Thing about Amerisuites changing over to HP,is now they dont offer the free parking for cruise ship pax:( ..I just called to ask,......

Amerisuites started charging $12 a day for parking last year, long before Hyatt Place came along.

Archived