Need Help from Travel Agents

judycruiser

I may have to cancel a cruise with cruise air for a non-covered reason reason on travel insurance. We are between 8-30 days out. Cruise is on the Splendor of the Seas.

Have you as a travel agent been able to contact RCL and have them:

1. transfer to another date?

2. get a credit on the air to be used within a year?

Have you been able to come to any other resolutions other than cancelling the cruise and 50$ refund of the cruise?

Thanks

Judy

veteran of 85 cruises

I may have to cancel a cruise with cruise air for a non-covered reason reason on travel insurance. We are between 8-30 days out. Cruise is on the Splendor of the Seas.

Have you as a travel agent been able to contact RCL and have them:

1. transfer to another date?

2. get a credit on the air to be used within a year?

Have you been able to come to any other resolutions other than cancelling the cruise and 50$ refund of the cruise?

Thanks

Judy

veteran of 85 cruises

My experience and others may have better news is: there is no way to get a refund or credit. You can try by calling guest services, it certainly won't hurt but cruise lines have cracked down quite a bit in the past few years. They used to bend, give partial credit, etc. I am sorry you have to cancel, are you positive the reason isn't covered, can you find a friend that would be willing to go in your place or maybe even go if you offered them a little discount?

Keep us posted.

nita

Nita, I was hoping you would reply. I have a travel agent and just wanted to have some others experience before I talked with her about cancelling.

The reason is our business; I don't think that is covered but I will have her double check since she issued the insurance policy.

If this was not a foreign desitination, I would go by myself: I have done that many times. This trip is really for my husband and if he can't go, we will cancel.

Thanks.

Judy

I have had 1 experience with another cruiseline where I was able to get my clients switched to a different sailing when something work related came up. Just ask your TA to "go to bat" for you with both RCL and Berkely (if it is RCCL insurance, that is who it is through).

Good Luck and let us know how it works out.

Soccer Mom

Nita, I was hoping you would reply. I have a travel agent and just wanted to have some others experience before I talked with her about cancelling.

The reason is our business; I don't think that is covered but I will have her double check since she issued the insurance policy.

If this was not a foreign desitination, I would go by myself: I have done that many times. This trip is really for my husband and if he can't go, we will cancel.

Thanks.

Judy

Keep us informed. I do hope you can work something out. I just don't want to give you false hope as I have not always had the best luck with RCI. I am sure your agent is experienced enough to go to the top if she has to, well maybe not the top, there is a limit, but certainly she will go to guest services instead of the reservation dept.

Nita

Keep us informed. I do hope you can work something out. I just don't want to give you false hope as I have not always had the best luck with RCI. I am sure your agent is experienced enough to go to the top if she has to, well maybe not the top, there is a limit, but certainly she will go to guest services instead of the reservation dept.

Nita

We are not sure we will cancel but I am trying to get my ducks in a row in case we do.

We always buy cruise insurance. I am prepard to follow the rules on this. It seems that so many travelers get around the rules that I thought I would ask.

I will keep you informed. Thanks for your help.

Judy

We are not sure we will cancel but I am trying to get my ducks in a row in case we do.

We always buy cruise insurance. I am prepard to follow the rules on this. It seems that so many travelers get around the rules that I thought I would ask.

I will keep you informed. Thanks for your help.

Judy

Do you have RCI's insurance? If you do you can cancel for any reason and get 75% of the penalty applied to a future cruise. If it's through a third-party you're probably out of luck.

I realize if you're in a financial bind because of the business a full cash refund would be MUCH better. But don't expect that to happen. About the best you can hope for is, if you don't have the RCI insurance, that they'll make that same offer to you -- 75% of the penalty applied to a future sailing. Basically, they'd be pretending that you had bought the insurance. Anything better than that would be a miracle come true.

Do you have RCI's insurance? If you do you can cancel for any reason and get 75% of the penalty applied to a future cruise. If it's through a third-party you're probably out of luck.

I realize if you're in a financial bind because of the business a full cash refund would be MUCH better. But don't expect that to happen. About the best you can hope for is, if you don't have the RCI insurance, that they'll make that same offer to you -- 75% of the penalty applied to a future sailing. Basically, they'd be pretending that you had bought the insurance. Anything better than that would be a miracle come true.

We do not have RCI insurance. The problem is not a financial bind in the business; the employee who watches the business is ill.

We are prepared and can afford to lose the money if we decide to cancel. Just checking to see if there's anyway around losing the money.

Judy

Archived