GAVIN BLACK on TV

cunardqueen

OK - disregard my last comment. That is what I get for going to last page first! I didn't open the group photo - Not sure how I missed that. But I got a good photo of me and Jon later that evening - I had to have a photo of me and a handsome gentleman in a kilt to show my husband! I was referring to me in the cabin cavalcade photo. But, back to this one, I think I have all but 1 figured out.

I'm using home computer right now so I could watch the BBC clip - I was not allowed at my work computer. My goodness Gav, you clean up nice. I think I saw you most times in a t-shirt or a jacket since you were outside on deck in the rain. The photos on Post 36 are excellent - especially the ship and the Red Arrows. I haven't seen that version anywhere yet. I have been watching the Cathedral videos by P Massey all day - I am so glad those got posted.

OK - disregard my last comment. That is what I get for going to last page first! I didn't open the group photo - Not sure how I missed that. But I got a good photo of me and Jon later that evening - I had to have a photo of me and a handsome gentleman in a kilt to show my husband! I was referring to me in the cabin cavalcade photo. But, back to this one, I think I have all but 1 figured out.

I'm using home computer right now so I could watch the BBC clip - I was not allowed at my work computer. My goodness Gav, you clean up nice. I think I saw you most times in a t-shirt or a jacket since you were outside on deck in the rain. The photos on Post 36 are excellent - especially the ship and the Red Arrows. I haven't seen that version anywhere yet. I have been watching the Cathedral videos by P Massey all day - I am so glad those got posted.

yes, it was a bit windy outside to wear a Kilt ! :p

I think a few people would have jumped overboard ! :eek:

Where is everyone ? :confused:

It`s like the "Marie Celeste" on here :eek:

Gav :cool:

Gavin

it was quiet here yesterday as well, we are all having to think twice before hitting submit - we do have a new member - Bluey, but his debut thread is now in the floataway lounge.

Karen

Gavin

it was quiet here yesterday as well, we are all having to think twice before hitting submit - we do have a new member - Bluey, but his debut thread is now in the floataway lounge.

Karen

Hi Karen,

I know some people have been naughty, anyone heard from Karie ?

When is your next Cruise ? Im on the "QE2" this weekend for two nights ! :D

Hi Karen,

When is your next Cruise ? Im on the "QE2" this weekend for two nights ! :D

She is, we think, on a self imposed posting silence - someone found a post from her on a roll call last week. there is at least one person on an official warning, and others who have not been heard of for a couple of days, but perhaps they are just busy.

I'm back on QE2 in 7 weeks today:D I have a rather quiet roll call where I am talking to myself over in the roll call section - I'm hoping the others turn up again before we leave:D

This will probably be my last time - I did find myself pricing those 5 days ones next year, & they were working out at about £300 a night:eek: a bit steep for me + at 5 nights you don't really get to know anyone.

I would have gone with the iberia in bloom - but I am actually on the Aurora then!

Have fun next weekend - I am sure you will:D

Karen

Hi Karen,

Hi Gav,

Yellow cards are being issued for asking questions along these lines.

David

She is, we think, on a self imposed posting silence - someone found a post from her on a roll call last week. there is at least one person on an official warning, and others who have not been heard of for a couple of days, but perhaps they are just busy.

I'm back on QE2 in 7 weeks today:D I have a rather quiet roll call where I am talking to myself over in the roll call section - I'm hoping the others turn up again before we leave:D

This will probably be my last time - I did find myself pricing those 5 days ones next year, & they were working out at about £300 a night:eek: a bit steep for me + at 5 nights you don't really get to know anyone.

I would have gone with the iberia in bloom - but I am actually on the Aurora then!

Have fun next weekend - I am sure you will:D

Karen

Hi Karen,

I was lucky i booked next years 5 night trip in October, on the day i found out she had been sold , then it went up £600 !

regards,

Is that where they are? Is it too much to hope they'll stay there for a few years yet?:D

Sir Martin

a warning from general observation, using the b word, as you did a post or two ago, is a good way to join them.

The K name above (the other K) seems to do it too:confused:

if you are fond of any particular threads, tread lightly is the general advice at the moment.

I think I shall stop discussing the subject now ;)

Karen

Sir Martin

a warning from general observation, using the b word, as you did a post or two ago, is a good way to join them.

The K name above seems to do it to:confused:

if you are fond of any threads, tread lightly is the general advice at the moment.

I think I shall stop discussing the subject now ;)

Karen

Yes me to, there are some geat photo`s etc on this thread would be a pity to lose it !

Sorry Moderators, please remove any post`s on here you disagree with, but please leave the thread if possible.

Sorry for any problem caused !

regards,

Gavin

I've been in Somerset all day.

Saw a beautiful GWR 14xx and two autocoaches in the middle of the countryside.

Matthew

Lovely. Were you on Exmoor? You probably saw part of the West Somerset Railway which runs from Taunton to Minehead past some of the most spectacular moorland and coastal scenery in England. The steam trains stop at seven or eight delightful tiny old stations - Dunster in particular - which is just like something out of the 1920s/30s, complete with authentic cases and trunks on the porters' barrows.

Dunster village is well worth a visit, it is so pretty.

Lovely. Were you on Exmoor? You probably saw part of the West Somerset Railway which runs from Taunton to Minehead past some of the most spectacular moorland and coastal scenery in England. The steam trains stop at seven or eight delightful tiny old stations - Dunster in particular - which is just like something out of the 1920s/30s, complete with authentic cases and trunks on the porters' barrows.

Dunster village is well worth a visit, it is so pretty.

We were on the Taunton to Minehead road, on our way to a pub for lunch - it was Kirsten's Gran's 81st birthday today.

Disappointing meal. Nice company. Lovely rolling stock.

I've been to the West Somerset with my ex.. I'd love to go again - it's a lovely line and the GWR is my first love with railways......

Matthew

Have you ben on the West Highland Line from Fort William to Mallaig?

Some of the finest scenery you are likely to see (providing the weather permits).

Also better if you can travel on one of the steam trains rather than the diesels.

David

Have you ben on the West Highland Line from Fort William to Mallaig?

Some of the finest scenery you are likely to see (providing the weather permits).

Also better if you can travel on one of the steam trains rather than the diesels.

David

No - I haven't. I shall one day though.

Matthew

We were on the Taunton to Minehead road, on our way to a pub for lunch - it was Kirsten's Gran's 81st birthday today.

Disappointing meal. Nice company. Lovely rolling stock.

I've been to the West Somerset with my ex.. I'd love to go again - it's a lovely line and the GWR is my first love with railways......

Matthew

God's Wonderful own, of course. I'm a Southern man myself. In the early sixties in the final days of steam I was fanatical about trains and could always be found on Waterloo Station noting numbers of Merchant Navy Class, West Country Class and Battle Of Britain Class locomotives.

I used to love watching the departures of the Boat Trains in those days with all the many goods wagons fully laden with steamer trunks and suitcases and with the carriages adorned with nameplates of the ships destined for far off places they were serving like the QM1 and QE1 and all of the P&O liners of course.

Then there were also the annual holidays to Bournemouth as well with the long stops at Southampton Central where, in those days, you could see the red and black Cunard ships and the white and yellow P&O ships - lots of them!

I am sure that all those sights stirred me to want to travel in later life and to travel by sea in particular.

Archived