Great Stirrup Cay in Jan'08

tructi2

• 2 weeks later...

I have been to Great Stirrup Cay 3 times. All 3 times where in Jan. Once it rain, but we still had a great time!!! The other times it was really warm, great for the beach!!! Make sure to take some kind of shoes for the water, you get off the tender in the water. They also have a "market" open for t-shirts and such. Have a great trip!

• 3 weeks later...
I have been to Great Stirrup Cay 3 times. All 3 times where in Jan. Once it rain, but we still had a great time!!! The other times it was really warm, great for the beach!!! Make sure to take some kind of shoes for the water, you get off the tender in the water. They also have a "market" open for t-shirts and such. Have a great trip!

I went oct 06 with the NCL Dawn and didnt get off in the water? Guess I was lucky. The weather was great then. Im also going back on NCL Sun Jan 5th lol...I was wondering about the weather myself. I loved it there but I heard the took away the umbrellas. :D

Air Temp----High Air--Temp Low---- Water Temp--- Rainfall (inches)

January-----76.1------ 62.4 ------- 71.6 --------- 2.0

February----76.5------63.2 --------71.3 ----------1.6

March-------78.9 ------64.6--------73.5-----------1.5

April--------80.6------66.4 --------75.0 ----------1.9

May--------83.9 -----70.9 ---------78.0---------- 4.4

June--------86.4------74.4---------80.1-----------5.1

July---------88.4------76.2---------83.8-----------5.0

August------88.8------75.9---------84.6-----------5.3

September---87.8------75.9--------84.6------------6.3

October------84.8-----72.3---------82.1-----------7.2

November----81.3------68.7--------80.0 -----------2.0

December----80.2-----64.3 --------75.3 -----------2.1

Thanks for the temperature info. We'll be there in December....any decent snorkeling at Great Stirrup Cay? What else can anyone tell me about it? We've been to Princess Cays, Half Moon Cay and Labadee. How does it compare?

I was reading on the lists. that there are Sometimes sand type flea's or and fly's So everyone suggests to bring bug spray, and Eat fast! LOL........ will be there in Feb on the Gem,,,,,, ahhhhhhhhh the bugs don't bite in the water, and that is where I will be most of the time!

• 3 weeks later...

We have been there twice (one in May, once in December) and are returning this January. Neither time have we noticed any type of biting insects -- and I have an uncanny ability to be eaten by insects even when no one around me is... The water was pleasant both times (warmer in May, of course, but more than swimmable in December too). In our opinion, there wasn't much in the way of snorkeling (some not-too-impressive fish and more rocks than coral), but I admit that we have been spoiled by some world-class snorkeling, so we might not be the best source...

• 2 weeks later...

Why is there an excursion there? If you don't take the $29 excursion can oyu still tender to the Cay? Is it for rental of equipment, chairs, umbrellas? Just wondering, I'd like to know for our mid-Jan visit.

Why is there an excursion there? If you don't take the $29 excursion can oyu still tender to the Cay? Is it for rental of equipment, chairs, umbrellas? Just wondering, I'd like to know for our mid-Jan visit.

I'm not quite sure what you are asking. You don't need any money to use the tender. You can rent floats and snorkeling equip, by using your S&S card. You can also use your S&S card for drinks. They only thing that you actually need money for is if you want to buy something for the market that is run by locals. I hope that helps.

Archived