Help !!

Sinfonia2005

No they are not. Some ships have laundry rooms with irons. Most ships provide at a cost pressing service. Some people say Downey Wrinkle Free spray is all you need. Others bring steamers or use the fog up the bathroom method.

But everyone I know takes one anyway and the room steward isn't bothered about it either. We've always done it. There's less to worry about taking a travel iron into your cabin than someone who smokes in a cabin when they're not supposd to - which happens a lot.

I want to piggy back on your thread for a moment.

I know that irons are a big big no no on cruise ships, but on my cruise last week. A card was on my table reminding me about the iron and also stating that hair dryers weren't allowed either.

I have never heard about the hair dryer. Is this new? :confused:

But everyone I know takes one anyway and the room steward isn't bothered about it either. We've always done it. There's less to worry about taking a travel iron into your cabin than someone who smokes in a cabin when they're not supposd to - which happens a lot.

Why not hang a sign on your cabin door and make a few bob while on the cruise??;)

Odd I don't know any one who brings a travel iron aboard. I'm assuming that you mean an iron for clothing not a curl iron for hair. There's a reason that irons are not allowed...they are a fire hazard. Bring the spray that takes away wrinkles instead.

We have never had a cabin that didn't have a hair dryer already in it. It is usually NOT located in the bathroom, but near another mirror in the bedroom area.

Irons, personal hair dryers, etc. are not approved for use on board ships. They represent a real fire hazard. Nothing at sea presents more danger than a fire! Leave your iron and hair dryer at home, the life you save might be your own!

All the Princess ships have steam irons and ironing boards available in the laundry rooms. And they are FREE to use.

We have never had a cabin that didn't have a hair dryer already in it. It is usually NOT located in the bathroom, but near another mirror in the bedroom area.

Irons, personal hair dryers, etc. are not approved for use on board ships. They represent a real fire hazard. Nothing at sea presents more danger than a fire! Leave your iron and hair dryer at home, the life you save might be your own!

All the Princess ships have steam irons and ironing boards available in the laundry rooms. And they are FREE to use.

Carnival lets you bring your own hair dryer on board.

So obviously when one person breaks the rules, that allows everyone to do it............

Cannot find anything about this. But are travel irons allowed onboard ?

What about curling irons? I don't think I want to walk around with big ole green sponge curlers in my hair? I might scare the children!!

Thanks in advance!

Archived