help Bequia

Denycejac26

The only hotels that I'm familiar with nice pools are the Hyatt Pier 66, Harbor Beach Marriott and the Lago Mar. Unfortunately none are moderately priced or offer an airport shuttle.

If we substitute nice pool for a hotel with a pool and a shuttle then the choices open up quite a bit. The Sleep Inn & Suites in Dania, the LaQuinta Inn & Suites in Hollywood, the Hampton Inn's in Plantation and the Airport North location and the Comfort Inn in Davie all offer airport shuttles, cruiseport shuttles, free breakfast and compared to other properties in town are moderately priced. ;)

Sorry to say I've never been to the Renaissance pool. Being a Marriott property though I'd venture to say it's nice.

Skip the taxi and take the Sun Trolley to Las Olas Boulevard. It passes by your hotel every 15 minutes and costs only 50 cents. You'll transfer from one trolley to another at Las Olas Boulevard, but it's so easy, even a cave man can do it. :p

http://www.suntrolley.com/maps/convention.html

hey bequia, not to step on your toes and expertise...but, the pool at the Ren is pretty nice..they have cabana-like things with comfy sofa-like chairs....it's nice......

(there is one review on TA that says the pool wasn't like that, but a few people have come to the conclusion that the author of that review stayed at ANOTHER Ren - probably Plantation.....)

Overall the Renaissance is a pretty nice hotel...not perfect, not horrible but in a great location with 95% of the associates being extremely nice and helpful......

Sorry to say I've never been to the Renaissance pool. Being a Marriott property though I'd venture to say it's nice.

Skip the taxi and take the Sun Trolley to Las Olas Boulevard. It passes by your hotel every 15 minutes and costs only 50 cents. You'll transfer from one trolley to another at Las Olas Boulevard, but it's so easy, even a cave man can do it. :p

http://www.suntrolley.com/maps/convention.html

silly me...i never realized there was a Las Olas Trolley too...ah well, something to file away in my brain for next time (ok, so I missed Las Olas too..go ahead, slap me...it was just TOO HOT!!!--but like an idiot i WALKED from the Ren to the Marriott!!!! slap me again! it was a day the trolley wasn't running...i hopped the bus back! :p)

Thanks to both of you for your responses. We will be arriving on a Wednesday so the Trolley is not an option - still trying to figure out what cab fare would be.

Megr1125 - do you have any idea what the taxi would cost from the airport to Renaissance?

Archived