Past cruisers that had a Cat 12 Penthouse suite

dianfarmer

I have stayed in a Category 12 room eight times: (Carnivale, Ecstasy, Truimph, Fantasy, Pride, & Sensation, Conquest & Glory). The Cat. 12 cabin in the Fantasy Class is just Ok compared to the Destiny Class and Spirit Class. There are no obstructed views (CAT. 12) on the Fantasy and Destiny Class. There are some partially obstructed views on the Spirit Class. I have no idea about the Holiday Class.

Besides the Skipper's Club, enjoy the size of your cabin.

We have one booked on Ecstasy for March 7 and we can hardly wait too! From the pics and virtual tour I've seen, it looks great. We will have 2 boys with us and they will sleep on the pull out sofa. Also the sitting area looks really spacious. And I cant wait to soak in the whirlpool bath!

Well,

After having the Suite twice I have come to the conclusion that it is a waste of money. (IMHO) I would rather take 2 or 3 cruises in an inside cabin instead of 1. MY upcoming Miracle cruise is 4 of us in an inside.

The room is nice,the balcony is great, but dollar for dollar.Too much.

Steve

Well,

After having the Suite twice I have come to the conclusion that it is a waste of money. (IMHO) I would rather take 2 or 3 cruises in an inside cabin instead of 1. MY upcoming Miracle cruise is 4 of us in an inside.

The room is nice,the balcony is great, but dollar for dollar.Too much.

Steve

Often the per square foot price for a suite is less than a standard inside room.

Noticed that the suite offers an entertainment center with VCR do that have videos or do we bring our own? also is there a CD player

Take your own. When we did it the pamplet says they have them but they don't. Took the pamplet to the purser and was told it didn't apply to them.

We had a cat 12 on the Conquest and loved it. The living/sleeping area is one big room. The king bed is on one wall and the large couch (that opens up to a queen bed) is on the other wall. No partitions in between. The TV swivals to but only accomidates one side of the room at a time. There are no walk in closets just 6 ceiling to floor closet/cabinets (more then you will ever need). When you walk into the cabin there are 2 closets and the small bar/desk area - then you walk into the big room. May favorite was the small vanity changing area before you go into the bathroom. It also had a sink and mega drawers. The bathroom was huge with a bodee (I think that is how you spell it). The tub was large but enclosed since it also serves as a shower. Not sure I would opt to lounge in that vs. the hot tubs on decks. The outside deck was normal length just double width from an ordinary deck.

With all that said. We were upgraded to ours from a regular balcony cabin. We loved it but Not sure I would pay for it though. We are going on Valor in April and found it far less expensive to put us in a balcony and the kids (9&12) in an inside accross the hall. (only $100 more then a quad balcony).

It is nice to have done it though.

we're looking to book on the Jan. 29, 2005 sailing on Ecstacy. The carnival website has cat. 11 on Veranda deck and Cat. 12 on Upper deck. But the Website also has cat. 11 on Upper deck. Anyone know which one it is? Also, can anyone tell me about the room? We were luck to get upgraded to the owner's suite on last cruise on Norwegian Sea (1st time on Norwegian). Should we book cat. 11 and hope to get upgraded to cat. 12? Thanks

If I remember from Imagination and Fantasy, some of the cat 11's balconies were right near an outside staircase that people use to get to one of the forward areas of the ship. I remember going up the staircase and saying Hi to the people on their balcony. I wouldn't want one of those cabins. We're going to be in a cat 12 on Sensation in October.

robtx100 - there are no cat 11's on the upper deck.

Cat. 12 (Fantasy Class)

Suites:

* The cabin dimension is 14' x 23 1/2'; the balcony is 14' x 5'

* 18" television

* VCR with remote control

* bar area (not stocked)

* refrigerator (not stocked)

* combination shower/whirlpool/bathtub

* sitting area consists of an L-shaped couch (seats 5), two chairs, and a coffee table.

* twin beds that convert to king

* walk-in closet with plenty of hangers and space

* wall safe in closet is 6"w x 4.5"h x 5"l

* The verandah patio consists of one lounge, two chairs and a small table.

Cabin door to balcony does not stay open on its own.

Thanks. That helps me alot. Are there any special privilages to the Cat. 12? The owner's suite on Norwegian in Feb. came with concierge service, priority embarkation and debarkation, three bottles of liquor to stock bar, and appetizers every evening delivered to the cabin.

Thanks. That helps me alot. Are there any special privilages to the Cat. 12? The owner's suite on Norwegian in Feb. came with concierge service, priority embarkation and debarkation, three bottles of liquor to stock bar, and appetizers every evening delivered to the cabin.

You DO get priority embarkation. They call it Skippers' Club and you by pass the long lines. Than if you are early you go to an area and board first. We got this twice, upgrades:)

Archived