Price of Drinks?

sweet_successes

as bar staff no longer get a bonus for selling drinks - has the cost of drinks on the ship (both alcoholic and non alcoholic) gone up in price?

Rach

Can't say that I really noticed much difference Rach. I didn't bring a drinks list home from this cruise, so I can really compare.

Kym

I've only been on one cruise, so can't comment on changes, but I can comment on the prices. They were much cheaper than we expected and than we pay at home. Cocktails - all 6.50-7.50; wine - bottles at dinner range from about $20+, depending on what you want. There is not a huge markup which was good. Coke about $2, LLB $2.50/$3.

SO much cheaper than what you'd pay at a bar on land.

I've only been on one cruise' date=' so can't comment on changes, but I can comment on the prices. They were much cheaper than we expected and than we pay at home. Cocktails - all 6.50-7.50; wine - bottles at dinner range from about $20+, depending on what you want. There is not a huge markup which was good. Coke about $2, LLB $2.50/$3.

SO much cheaper than what you'd pay at a bar on land.[/quote']

not sure where u drink .... if u compare the stat or sun to your locall club, it is a bit dearer and i assume they aren't paying any excise on the grog - guess they have to makew their money somewhere

We don't have 'local clubs' really in Perth, like the RSL's that dot everywhere else...local club sort of means the footy clubhouse that the players would use after a match, not anyone else. Average prices of drinks in pubs or bars would be about $10-$15 for cocktails. Comparing that to prices on the ship the Sun won hands down...comparing the ship to some of the places we went to in Sydney it also wins hands down...If you can get a cocktail for under $7.50 anywhere I'm impressed!

I thought the price of cocktails was very resonable, even cheap. Wine however, I thought to be expensive. At approx $6 a glass, probably comparable to a night club but I don't use those. The local pub that we sometimes go to is about $4 a glass.

The bowling club where I do linedancing charges $1-50 for a glass of chardonnay (bottle - not cask) and you have to take a sip before leaving the bar or you will spill it.

Karen

providing ppl have enough pre-info to know how much to expect (to pay), they can budget accordingly and then they can enjoy regardless of the price. anyway, there will be always cheaper and more expensive resorts to go to and there are so many cruise bargins around, there is no excuse for not having a few extra $$$ to afford a drink and the occassional shout! ;)

Archived