Spirit 9/22 - Looking for others who left the ship

caravellov

Not to go off topic, but there were some comments on not hearing the PA. I was on the Spirit in July (and provided a review here). I didn't think to mention it at the time, but I found the PA on this ship very difficult to hear in a lot of locations. Granted, I don't need announcements for bingo or art auctions blaring into my room, but I expect all announcements of importance (especially those from the bridge, even if it is just about the weather) to be heard in all locations, and easily heard. The "pre-announcement" tone on this ship is a bit odd too - sounds like a weak gong - not the loud electronic 2-note doorbell variety as on most ships that gets your attention and allows you to tune-in (and for loud entertainment, etc. to pause so an announcement can be heard).

The point I'm making is that the public address system on a ship that isn't that old should be able to carry the day to ensure that all passengers and crew can hear the announcements clearly.

dont even bother trying to get anything back. I was on a ship where the engine died and got in 24 hours late. there was very little help on the ship, and the employees seemed to be forbiden to talk about it, so if they refused to assist with anything when THIER ship broke down, they will do nothing for you in this case. although most people on here say you should pay the extra possible $200 for insurance, and next time reconsider using NCL, as that is the way the company works. This is my helpful hint for those who are trying to get some compensation .. forget it.

Archived