Onboard the Star

sweet_successes

Hi Everyone

Writing this live to you from the Pacific Star. Embarkation was relatively smooth - although their computer equipment were broken so we couldn't get our emabarkation photo attached to our card until today and they had to check us off manually when we boarded the ship. Boarding started about 10.40 am and we were onboard by 10.50 am. our luggage arrived in dribs and drabs but managed to get it all by 3 pm.

Sailing was delayed - we finally left about 4.40 pm. The official version was that there was an issue with the public address system but the security officers were walking around with a photo of a woman asking if people had seen her or knew her.

Wandered up to Lido about 12 ish has a small bite to eat and then went to the cabin for some much needed sleep. Didn't realise 2nd seatings show was on at 6.30 pm so we missed it - hubby propping up the bar and me snoozing my head off!!!

Went to the sailaway dinner but I only made it part way through the entree and was falling asleep so I left and went to bed - don't know what time hubby came back but no doubt he enjoyed propping up another bar!!!!!

Haven't met Rolls on NQ Cruiser but did manage to meet Creeky before we got on - he recognised me from what I described I was wearing!!

We have found some suttle differences in the ship since last year - like you can no longer walk up to the front deck below the bridge, decks being shut after dark. The ship itself appears to be in better nick too!!

Lots of kids this cruise - they seem to be everywhere - don't know how well parents are utilising kids clubs. The cruise is full to capacity. There appears to be a nice mix of people onboard with 7 people we have met already having had their cruise cards confiscated for 24 hours!!!!

The star now offers internet packages with 100 minutes being $55 so I will probably get on and say Hi most days.

Cheers Rach

We have found some suttle differences in the ship since last year - like you can no longer walk up to the front deck below the bridge, decks being shut after dark. The ship itself appears to be in better nick too!!

Rach, you can still get out there during daylight hours, by going down the Verandah deck (deck 10) cabin corridor. But yes, we were suprised that you can't get out onto Deck 9, walk along the outside and up the stairs past the bridge wings any more.

You can also get outside on Deck 8 by the entrance to the Starlight Lounge and from the doors inside the Starlight lounge - up the front near the library, and on our cruise these weren't closed at night.

iT WILL BE GREAT IF YOU CAN UPDATE US EVERYDAY,ESPECIALLY AS IM GETTING ON HER WHEN YOU GET OFF,

I WAS THERE TO SEE YOU OFF, BUT UNFORTUNATELY, COULDNT RECOGNISE YOU. :confused:

I HOPE YOU HAVE A GREAT ,CALM, ISSUE FREE CRUISE ;)

LOOK AFTER HER FOR ME :D :D

Karmac, hmm, counting in cocktails and having your own bartender, I gotta wonder about you... :D

Sweet_successes, lovely to hear from you onboard.

that is why she only cruises once a year, takes that long to recover plus going on different ships so they dont recognise you:D :D

Rach .hope you manage to shrug off that jetlag, guess that is another great thing for us sydney cruisers dont have to suffer.

Karmac, hmm, counting in cocktails and having your own bartender, I gotta wonder about you... :D

Sweet_successes, lovely to hear from you onboard.

I'm not really that bad:rolleyes:

Karen

Archived