NextCruise questions (merged)

Regarding the OBC thru TA- does this just show up on your shipboard account? Does anyone have difficulties obtaining these, once onboard, if they don't show up on your account? Just wondering if we need to bring some docs with us to prove we were promised these...thnx.

I brought along the docs, but there was a card in my cabin, just like the cards they send with flowers or strawberries that said I had the credit from my TA. It took two days to show up on my account, but it really was sweet to have.

I have read on these boards $100 deposit

and

I have read $100 deposit per person. Does anyone know for sure?

I would like to put down $100 and then add 3 people when I decide what cruise to take. How long is my deposit, and NEXT CRUISE on board credit good for before it expires. It could be 2 -2 1/2 years before we cruise again. (Daughters High School Graduation).

Thanks!

You can ALSO just book it under one person's name and pay just 100$ and then when you decide on your cruise you add the other person in. Or you can do it per person, so there are two ways in actuality. I just bought 3 options and paid 300$ in deposits.

I have read on these boards $100 deposit

and

I have read $100 deposit per person. Does anyone know for sure?

I would like to put down $100 and then add 3 people when I decide what cruise to take. How long is my deposit, and NEXT CRUISE on board credit good for before it expires. It could be 2 -2 1/2 years before we cruise again. (Daughters High School Graduation).

Thanks!

I have many questions as well about this NextCruise thing.

I never did it because for some reason I thought that I always had to pre-determine dates until I found out I didn't have to.

My added questions per say are: does the NextCruise allow you to add RCI coupons (the regular stateroom coupons for C&A members)? Can you give your NextCruise coupon to a TA to combine OBCs?

Speaking of TAs: I am highly disappointed. I used to book straight through RCI. I made a test run now and gave about 25 online TAs a particular cruise date and wanted to see where I get the best deal from. Only 5 responded. Little do they know that we are a middle aged couple whose son just became an adult and we don't have to drag his butt around anymore so we be cruising like there is no tomorrow.

:D

Are you saying that they didn't ask you for $200 (2 people)? Do you think you could have done it for $100 and added the other person later?

Thanks!

Not sure which one of us you are asking this question of but I JUST did this in August on the Serenade, I bought 3 options with my hubby sitting right next to me and they were 100$ for each one, we said we would decide the other person at a later date. So I paid 100$ per option for a total of 300$

Are you saying that they didn't ask you for $200 (2 people)? Do you think you could have done it for $100 and added the other person later?

Thanks!

Thats what I always do................pay $100 then (in just my name) and when I make a reservation, add the rest of the deposit for my husband..

If I will have 4 people going could I still put in it 1 persons name and pay $100 and add 3 people later?

Yes...(if you're all in one cabin)......if you need 2 cabins,make sure you get a FRIEND certificate with your next cruise........then you can book that second cabin within 30 days of making your reservation...

You only have to pay $100 because one could decide to travel alone. The onboard credit is per cabin not per person so there is no advantage of booking more then one person. Once you pick your cruise you would have to pay the additional deposit of $650 for a total of 3 people on a 7 day cruise. I booked one of these on the Enchantment and only paid $100 and turned it into our Monarch cruise no problem. If you pay the $200 you have more at risk since it's nonrefundable.

BonVoyage

Dawna

My added questions per say are: does the NextCruise allow you to add RCI coupons (the regular stateroom coupons for C&A members)? Can you give your NextCruise coupon to a TA to combine OBCs? It is not a coupon it is a booking sheet complete with booking number and yes it can be transferred to a TA, you just have to make sure the booking number stays the same. All coupons, platinum, etc benefits are applicable.

Speaking of TAs: I am highly disappointed. I used to book straight through RCI. I made a test run now and gave about 25 online TAs a particular cruise date and wanted to see where I get the best deal from. Only 5 responded. Little do they know that we are a middle aged couple whose son just became an adult and we don't have to drag his butt around anymore so we be cruising like there is no tomorrow. RCCL does NOT allow TA's to discount their cruises so unless you find a TA who is holding group space the prices will be the same across the board. Some though will give some perks.

I have many questions as well about this NextCruise thing.

I never did it because for some reason I thought that I always had to pre-determine dates until I found out I didn't have to.

My added questions per say are: does the NextCruise allow you to add RCI coupons (the regular stateroom coupons for C&A members)? Can you give your NextCruise coupon to a TA to combine OBCs?

:D

Absolutely........NextCruise allows you to add C&A coupon discounts off selected cabins, OBC from Shareholder Benefits and Visa Points once you have booked a specific cruise. Yes, you can transfer your NextCruise booking to a TA.

Another question????

If I get 2 rooms.... Can I put 1 in Hubbys name, 1 in my name get $200 total OBC and pay only $200 total in deposits for the 2 rooms. Add the other 2 people when I book the cruise. Then, when I check in on board switch and give my kids 1 room and Hubby and I the other room. Sounds confusing, does anyone understand what I am asking? Do you know if this can be done?

Thanks!

Another question????

If I get 2 rooms.... Can I put 1 in Hubbys name, 1 in my name get $200 total OBC and pay only $200 total in deposits for the 2 rooms. Add the other 2 people when I book the cruise. Then, when I check in on board switch and give my kids 1 room and Hubby and I the other room. Sounds confusing, does anyone understand what I am asking? Do you know if this can be done?

Thanks!

Yes to all those questions..:D (just remember, when you make your reservation later,you will have to pay the rest of the deposit)

How long was your cruise and what category were you in?

The OBC when booking on board is ONLY based on the length of the cruise. It does not matter what category you sail in, you will get the same OBC whether in an inside or grand suite.

My added questions per say are: does the NextCruise allow you to add RCI coupons (the regular stateroom coupons for C&A members)? Can you give your NextCruise coupon to a TA to combine OBCs? It is not a coupon it is a booking sheet complete with booking number and yes it can be transferred to a TA, you just have to make sure the booking number stays the same. All coupons, platinum, etc benefits are applicable.

Speaking of TAs: I am highly disappointed. I used to book straight through RCI. I made a test run now and gave about 25 online TAs a particular cruise date and wanted to see where I get the best deal from. Only 5 responded. Little do they know that we are a middle aged couple whose son just became an adult and we don't have to drag his butt around anymore so we be cruising like there is no tomorrow. RCCL does NOT allow TA's to discount their cruises so unless you find a TA who is holding group space the prices will be the same across the board. Some though will give some perks.

TY Sue. To your second answer: I wasn't looking for discounted cruises from a TA but rather OBCs. But while I am at it: can I give a TA my RCI discount code number and can he apply that?

EDIT: it seems to me that you have a lot of experience with TAs, NextCruise and OBCs. Is it possible for me to send you a message. Unless nobody minds if I clutter the board with questions which may have already been answered.

Parrothead8. Right! Thanks for understanding my question. I realise that I will have a bigger deposit when I finally book the cruise, but I probably wont book the cruise for 2 years so I might as well have my money working for me than for RCCL. Also In case we had to cancel we would be out a lot less cash.

Yes to all those questions..:D (just remember, when you make your reservation later,you will have to pay the rest of the deposit)

OK. I extend that question.

We are 2 couples going on the Navigator in November. Each of us has their own C&A number. In anticipation for a Family Reunion cruise to Alaska in 2009 can each of us get a next cruise (total of 4) and when making the reservation moving the couples together and assigning the other two 'NextCruises" to other family members (who are also C&A members)?

Confusing?

TY Sue. To your second answer: I wasn't looking for discounted cruises from a TA but rather OBCs. But while I am at it: can I give a TA my RCI discount code number and can he apply that?

EDIT: it seems to me that you have a lot of experience with TAs, NextCruise and OBCs. Is it possible for me to send you a message. Unless nobody minds if I clutter the board with questions which may have already been answered.

I don't use TA's, actually only once because I was going with a group, she was awful so never used one again. I am a research junkie. If you want to send me an email it is sclmkl at gmail dot com

Parrothead8. Right! Thanks for understanding my question. I realise that I will have a bigger deposit when I finally book the cruise, but I probably wont book the cruise for 2 years so I might as well have my money working for me than for RCCL. Also In case we had to cancel we would be out a lot less cash.

Just remember,IF you have to cancel a cruise you book,DONT.........just switch it over to another one later one,so you dont lose that $100PP deposit or the OBC!

OK. I extend that question.

We are 2 couples going on the Navigator in November. Each of us has their own C&A number. In anticipation for a Family Reunion cruise to Alaska in 2009 can each of us get a next cruise (total of 4) and when making the reservation moving the couples together and assigning the other two 'NextCruises" to other family members (who are also C&A members)?

Confusing?

I think I get it.............the 4 of you will each get a NC............later on,you'll each add someone to your reservation.........and as long as its all family,it will be easy to switch cabins and keys later while onboard........

If you want to have a friend book their own separately, thats where the friend certificate comes into play...........but make sure the LA gvies you one when you book a NC or you'll be outta luck.

I don't use TA's, actually only once because I was going with a group, she was awful so never used one again. I am a research junkie. If you want to send me an email it is sclmkl at gmail dot com

The only reason I always hesitated to go with a TA is that you are at their mercy in making changes. Cruiselines do not talk to you if you are booking through a TA and I too had a bad TA once (a few years back). I am not sure at this point if the risk using a TA ids worth the OBCs. I know that people do not give recommendations on the boards but refer to the TA pages of CC. Yet, of those listed only 3 have answered me.

Maybe someone can send me an e-mail with a recommendation or something.

Archived