NEW Carnival perk for 25+ sailings...

Tom-n-Cheryl

Well - I suppose this was worth the FAXES IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT in months past.... (another thread was devoted to this)

Cheryl and I (each) just received a letter today from CARNIVAL CONCIERGE CLUB!!

It states:

-------------------------------------

Dear Thomas:

Your continuous loyalty is very important to us. This is why we have developed the new Milestone Rewards benefits for valued longtime Carnival guests like you.

Because you have sailed with us on your 25th (Cheryl's says 28th) cruise, when you book your next cruise you will receive a bonus equivalent to 25% of your cruise fare in the form of a credit to your Sail & Sign card on the first day of sailing. With Milestone Rewards you will also qualify for exclusive benefits when you reach other Milestone cruises, like your 50th, 75th, or even 100th.

This is in addition to the platinum benefits you already receive as a member of our Concierge Club (goes on to list the already known perks).

Signed Gerry Cahill, President and CEO

There is a special phone number for the Milestone Rewards desk, and a paper platinum colored card with our names, past guest#, and a reward code.

It does state that I have 18 months to redeem this offer "from the date stated on this letter".... oddly, though, the letter is NOT DATED!

Well there you have it!!!

Tom

Congrats on getting to the bottom of the mystery.

You should call and have them fax you a replacement letter with the date included. . . and it'll arrive to you one morning around, oh, 3:30 AM:)

Kudos to you both on your new "milestone" award !!!

Congrats on getting to the bottom of the mystery.

You should call and have them fax you a replacement letter with the date included. . . and it'll arrive to you one morning around, oh, 3:30 AM:)

Kudos to you both on your new "milestone" award !!!

Yes Don, it was hard work... :D

It appears that we may be able to use these for sailings already booked - I will find out soon (a few lines of fine print hidden on the back).

It would have been VERY handy for our (now canceled) Christmas 9 day sailing.... but it should prove valuable for our cruise later this month as well. We will redeem them only for $$$ sailings (for example - NOT our Cat 12 3-day on the Sensation in December).

I hope the 30 day window (must redeem within 30 days of sail date) does not mean that I can't use if for the 10/25 sailing... !! Surely they will grant a waiver, since they JUST rolled this out!

See you on 10/25 !!!

Tom

Tom, You should check with LHP and see if she got a letter or fax. She will be very happy to hear this. She has been trying for a new card for over 20 cruises

When I had the old thread (about the faxes), I seem to recall that she posted on there - so she will likely receive notification of this, as I posted to that thread also.

As I said... DARN, I WISH I COULD HAVE USED IT TOWARDS OUR CHRISTMAS SAILING.... that would have been a decent 25%!! At least a good initial buffer for the S&S account!!

Tom

Surely they will grant a waiver. . .

Hang on there, Tom. Don't go puttin' the cart before the horse.

Perhaps you can redeem the reward certificate issued to Cheryl (the studious one), but the letter issued to you (the apparent slacker) will probably be held up on a technicality. As I seem to recall from the earlier thread, you still owe $.01 to the Milestone folks. Right??

They may feel they don't owe you bubkus until you pony up that penny (with interest)!!:D :) :D

Sorry, just had to go there (tee-hee).

Yep, I'll see ya both in a few weeks. Take care!!

Well - I suppose this was worth the FAXES IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT in months past.... (another thread was devoted to this)

It states:

Dear Thomas:

Your continuous loyalty is very important to us. This is why we have developed the new Milestone Rewards benefits for valued longtime Carnival guests like you.

Because you have sailed with us on your 25th (Cheryl's says 28th) cruise, when you book your next cruise you will receive a bonus equivalent to 25% of your cruise fare in the form of a credit to your Sail & Sign card on the first day of sailing. With Milestone Rewards you will also qualify for exclusive benefits when you reach other Milestone cruises, like your 50th, 75th, or even 100th.

This is in addition to the platinum benefits you already receive as a member of our Concierge Club (goes on to list the already known perks).

There is a special phone number for the Milestone Rewards desk, and a paper platinum colored card with our names, past guest#, and a reward code.

It does state that I have 18 months to redeem this offer "from the date stated on this letter".... oddly, though, the letter is NOT DATED!

Tom

Great, now I need to prove I was on the Mardi Gras and the Festival back in the early 80s for the credit.

Hang on there, Tom. Don't go puttin' the cart before the horse.

Perhaps you can redeem the reward certificate issued to Cheryl (the studious one), but the letter issued to you (the apparent slacker) will probably be held up on a technicality. As I seem to recall from the earlier thread, you still owe $.01 to the Milestone folks. Right??

They may feel they don't owe you bubkus until you pony up that penny (with interest)!!:D :) :D

Sorry, just had to go there (tee-hee).

Yep, I'll see ya both in a few weeks. Take care!!

DARN.... you have a point there! :eek:

Great, now I need to prove I was on the Mardi Gras and the Festival back in the early 80s for the credit.

Time to dig up some old photos and such!!!

Tom

It states:

Dear Thomas:

Tom

Well, that is excellent. I'm glad to hear that uncle Bob listened to me a few months ago when I told him that 25% off the 25th cruise was a naive idea.

I like it worded this way much better. I'm gonna pay for my cruise anyway, why not have a 25% OBC waiting for me to spend!:D

Tom...So I just read this letter to Bob, and then he asked me to repeat it because he wasn't listening the first time:rolleyes: :eek: SHOCK...I KNOW! So I repeat in in a simpler form, and tell him that after you have cruised 25 times, you get a 25% credit on your sign, and sail. So he turns to me and says, "so how many cruises do you have to have to get that?" MEN!

My grandma fixed my grandpa good...he never listened to her, and one day she got sick of talking, and him not listening. She took the frying pan off the stove, and WHACKED him with it. "Now Kitchen (my grnadpa's last name) listen's intently when I tell him something.

Next time you see Berto, if he has a dent in his head, you'll know why.:D

When I had the old thread (about the faxes), I seem to recall that she posted on there - so she will likely receive notification of this, as I posted to that thread also.

As I said... DARN, I WISH I COULD HAVE USED IT TOWARDS OUR CHRISTMAS SAILING.... that would have been a decent 25%!! At least a good initial buffer for the S&S account!!

Tom

25% on that high Christmas cruise would have been big time. I wish I had 25 cruises. Mine would have been around $600.OBC

Well, that is excellent. I'm glad to hear that uncle Bob listened to me a few months ago when I told him that 25% off the 25th cruise was a naive idea.

I like it worded this way much better. I'm gonna pay for my cruise anyway, why not have a 25% OBC waiting for me to spend!:D

Tom...So I just read this letter to Bob, and then he asked me to repeat it because he wasn't listening the first time:rolleyes: :eek: SHOCK...I KNOW! So I repeat in in a simpler form, and tell him that after you have cruised 25 times, you get a 25% credit on your sign, and sail. So he turns to me and says, "so how many cruises do you have to have to get that?" MEN!

My grandma fixed my grandpa good...he never listened to her, and one day she got sick of talking, and him not listening. She took the frying pan off the stove, and WHACKED him with it. "Now Kitchen (my grnadpa's last name) listen's intently when I tell him something.

Next time you see Berto, if he has a dent in his head, you'll know why.:D

Good luck with Robert - and that reminds me, I need to keep track of all the frying pans in the house... :D :D

Tom

Hi everyone:

I was wondering if after I use my 25% OBC on next cruise will my husband be able to use his own on another cruise once he gets 25 cruises.

The perk is for each individual - so the use of yours does not impact his future OBC.

Tom

So do you only get to use this once, or is this for each and every cruise after you hit the 25-cruise mark?

It appears that the 25% credit applies to ONE sailing after your 25th. You can, from the way it appears, choose to use it on your 26th, 27th, etc... but ONLY one. The wording of the letter also implies that "SOMETHING WONDERFUL IS GOING TO HAPPEN" :D following the 50th, 75th, and 100th sailings. Can we ASSUME a 50% credit, then a 75% - followed by a 100% credit???

I am not looking any GIFT HORSES in the mouth here, and I appreciate all that they are trying to do. But honestly, the 50th (or 75th) are VERY rare breeds - and each one should easily rate a FREE cruise. But that is only my opinion.

Tom

Tom, I see you are beginning to branch out??? I'll let you know what I think of the Connie, as soon as I get home...only 171 more days, or something like that, but who's counting:rolleyes:

Yes - I thought we would try some other lines...

We did a quickie 3-day on RCI Sov. OTS - some good points, some not. We are looking forward to our sailing on Celebrity (Century) over Valentines/President's day - as well as the Constellation next Christmas.

I do look forward to hearing your opinion of Celebrity on the Constellation!!! Where is that one going??

Tom

Yes Don, it was hard work... :D

It appears that we may be able to use these for sailings already booked - I will find out soon (a few lines of fine print hidden on the back).

I hope the 30 day window (must redeem within 30 days of sail date) does not mean that I can't use if for the 10/25 sailing... !! Surely they will grant a waiver, since they JUST rolled this out!

Tom

Quoting myself here... :rolleyes:

I just got the word from CCL - they are going to credit a bit over $250 to our S&S for our 10/25 sailing (22 days out) :D :D

I used Cheryl's REWARD CODE - and will keep mine handy for the next $$ sailing.

Tom

Quoting myself here... :rolleyes:

I just got the word from CCL - they are going to credit a bit over $250 to our S&S for our 10/25 sailing (22 days out) :D :D

I used Cheryl's REWARD CODE - and will keep mine handy for the next $$ sailing.

Tom

That's great my husband will be able to use the OBC for his 25th too.

Wish you a great time on your cruise the 25th and enjoy the OBC.

Cassandra

Archived