Princess Coffee - Ouch!!!

This whole coffee thing seems to be a chronic problem. There are legions of pax who have repeatedly complained about the yucky swill for years, but it seems that our collective complaints are being studiously ignored! Hmmmm, I wonder why they bother to have us fill in those passenger comment cards in the first place? :confused: Insights anyone?quote]

Here's an idea... I have read the threads for months about the bad coffee on Princess. No doubt, that fact is true! So, why don't we all print out the threads on coffee and send it to Carnival (Princess parent) in Santa Clarita, CA.

If they begin to receive pages and pages of threads instead of those little comment cards, just maybe they will do something about the bad coffee :D

When wesailed on the Sun a few years ago I commented to the chef about how bad the coffee was and heagreed that he didn't like it either but the company wouldn't change from the syrup no matter how many complaints they received.:eek:

We just booked our first cruise ever and have greatly appreciated all the terrific advice on these boards. We will be on the Golden Princess next March 8th on a trip to the Mexican Riviera. The one disconcerting bit of news is this discussion about poor quality coffee on Princess since Sonya and I are dyed in the wool coffee lovers- rich, freshly brewed coffee first thing in the morning is one of our great pleasures. I had visions of our coffee coming by a cheerful room service waiter but now think I had better purchase one of those travel coffee makers that we can use in our room.

Since we are having almost as much fun making up our supply of cruise essentials, adding the coffee maker (while remembering to pack light) will be easy.

Thanks for the many useful tips,

Paul and Sonya

There is a very hot water tap up on the lido, next to the "coffee" tap that, in our experience, dispenses water that has steam rising from it. May not be the ideal 195 Farenheit, but it is certainly better than what room service delivers...

Order room service tea the first morning, and then use the carafe the remainder of the cruise. Our steward never touched it..

Thank you for the tip on the hot water, and tea on the first day!

No ground beans......they have them there just for show. People that I was traveling with said the specialty coffees were made from the same coffee:mad: When you sail on NCL and RCI you can smell the fresh ground beans before you even see where the coffee is coming from, not on Princess.:p

I do not know about the CB but on the Island Princess, the coffee was ground coffee as I camped out at the coffee bar for my morning coffee with my coffee card. So yes I did actually see the ground coffee.

Archived