Princess Coffee - Ouch!!!

The last few times I was on the Princess they had the worst coffee (if you want to call it that) which I've ever had. I recently got off the Mariner of the Seas where Seattle's Best is served throughout - awesome! I am sailing on the Golden Princess in November and was wondering if anybody knows if they have "upgraded" their coffee.

I guess my coffee tastebuds must not be as sophisticated as some others. I've found the coffee in the dining rooms to be quite acceptable, although the Horizon Court coffee left something to be desired. Maybe having it with Grand Marnier has something to do with it.:D

ahhh... another coffee thread?:confused: let's see how long this lasts:( ... it's been beat to death but not in the past week.

I don't think it's "that" bad but I doctor all my coffee up with cream and sugar but some think it's awful... matter of opinion

...and please keep opinion civil????

The main question here is: "was wondering if anybody knows if they have "upgraded" their coffee."

So, whether anyone likes or dislikes it really doesn't matter. It is the same coffee they have served for years on princess, so that should answer the question whether it has changed. (I really hope) ;)

Same old Princess Motor Oil. :D Of course you can always pay the $1.00 per person for freshly brewed coffee. Unlimited if you purchase the cofee card for around $27 (includes 15% tip) and also includes 15 specialty coffees.

...and all this time we thought you were sweet enough without all the cream and sugar in your Princess coffee. I bet ya girl that's done to cover up the taste which at one point in your cruise you sampled in an effort to "Escape Completely."

I believe the Horizon court coffee is like a Nescafe Instant or syrup that's brewed up in bulk well in advance. After 21 days on Coral last year...trust me it didn't improve over the voyage. Doing the Dawn SYD/SFO in Apr 2009. Somehow unless a miracle happens that will be 31 days with no improvement.

Premised on that, the coffee card is a good value.

Ciao for now!!!

The last few times I was on the Princess they had the worst coffee (if you want to call it that) which I've ever had. I recently got off the Mariner of the Seas where Seattle's Best is served throughout - awesome! I am sailing on the Golden Princess in November and was wondering if anybody knows if they have "upgraded" their coffee.

Simple answer. On the Sea Princess last year. Fourth Princess trip. Same old coffee syrup and hot water. Some like it. Most don't. I don't. I will be happy if they upgrade it to real coffee in time for my fifth cruise next March.

I just got off Regal Princess final cruise LA to Sydney, 31 days.

As usual the coffee if you can call it that was horrendous in buffet and dining room, take my advice take on board a jar of Nescafe'. Even that is better then Princess brew.

Cheers.:cool:

i didn't think the coffee was that bad. not great, of course, but not horrible either. the best part is they bring it to you on a tray in the morning if you want. i always wrote on the card 'please call when on the way'. makes a great wake-up call. always right ontime, too.

I was on Princess in Sept. after a long hiatus. I believed the CC members about the bad coffee, so I took my hot pot and French Press.......coffee too. I am so glad that I did:eek:

The "coffee" is swill, and that is the only negative that I put on my comment card. I do not understand why Princess does not change this:confused:

I took small plastic bags to dispose of the grounds:D

You must not have read the coffee thread on the RCCL board. Their complaints about the RCCL coffee is just as bad as the Princess coffee. The Seattles Best coffee they serve is in the little coffee shop on the Promanade, but in the buffett and dining room RCCL coffee is just as bad as Princess. Been on 3 RCCL cruises, and was not impressed.

You must not have read the coffee thread on the RCCL board. Their complaints about the RCCL coffee is just as bad as the Princess coffee. The Seattles Best coffee they serve is in the little coffee shop on the Promanade, but in the buffett and dining room RCCL coffee is just as bad as Princess. Been on 3 RCCL cruises, and was not impressed.

vmom, you are exactly correct. The Seattle's Best on RCCL you have to PURCHASE.....last RCCL cruise for me, an iced coffee or latte was around $5. The other coffee in the dining rooms, buffets was NOT Seattle's Best. That being said, I think the coffee card on Princess sounds like a fantastic bargain and I am looking forward to purchasing one when I get on board in November....that will be one of my first stops on the ship! Love my coffee!;)

I've been used to the "Princess motor oil", as someone called it, and was very pleasantly surprised during our 9/1 - 9/13 TP cruise to find the coffee was actually fine. Not Starbuck's, mind you, but they seemed to keep making it fresh, and it tasted just fine.

Perhaps -- as with everything else on the TP -- there are smaller "holding tanks" or something, compelling them to make it more frequently. Just a guess. But, it did always seem to be fresh and hot.

And the specialty coffees were fantastic! Well worth the purchase price. :D

Opinions vary, solutions vary, but in a nutshell... it hasn't changed. I think it's interestiing how some people think it's pretty good and some (me included) think the buffet coffee is disgusting and undrinkable. Just goes to show you how relative this type of opinion really is.

I actually had one cup of coffee at the Crown buffet in January that was drinkable. It was on the first morning and (in my opinion) supports my theory that maybe they don't clean those big coffee things out often or well enough and that is the problem. They claim it's the same coffee as the dining room, yet many will agree there is a difference. I think it has to do with freshness, of course this is pure speculation on my part.

Having said all that, the coffee card is a great solution for me. Have a great cruise!:)

Archived