Princess Coffee - Ouch!!!

I still like my idea of all the coffee lovers entering the dining room carrying their French press and putting it on the table like a centerpiece and then the ship's photographer can show this on the videos they try to sell. It might even get back to management.

Recently off the Crown. The $1.00 / free with card coffee is NOT fresh brewed. It may say it on the glass carafe but it is made with the same syrup as the buffet coffee, just more syrup to make it stronger.

If we cruise Princess again we will definitely be packing these:

http://www.planetarydesign.us/products.html?paction=doubleshot

I

And the specialty coffees were fantastic! Well worth the purchase price. :D

Hi 5:00_Somewhere:) Thanks for posting this.......I was thinking of getting the card when we go.

As for the Seattle's Best coffee.....is it really everywhere on the ship as it is quite expensive here......about $11 for a small bag.

I have a French Press and take it on RCI and on Princess. I agree that the coffee on the Crown free with coffee card was definately syrup but it was somewhat better than the buffets.

Bodium makes the French Presses in plastic now and I always bring ziplock bags to toss the grounds.

I have a French Press and take it on RCI and on Princess. I agree that the coffee on the Crown free with coffee card was definately syrup but it was somewhat better than the buffets.

Bodium makes the French Presses in plastic now and I always bring ziplock bags to toss the grounds.

Hi there:

Bodum also has a stainless press. I've used mine for 3 years. It's a "12 cup" which means you get two large mugs out of one press. The newer style isn't quite as nice as the one I have, but is otherwise about the same. It's double walled so it keeps the coffee hot for a while. You can buy it a lot of places online, including from Bodum, but you can also buy it at almost any Starbucks for about 50.00. I love this pot. It gets used 3-4 times per day in my house and it still looks new.

~ tee

Recently off the Crown. The $1.00 / free with card coffee is NOT fresh brewed. It may say it on the glass carafe but it is made with the same syrup as the buffet coffee, just more syrup to make it stronger.

If we cruise Princess again we will definitely be packing these:

http://www.planetarydesign.us/products.html?paction=doubleshot

Don`t get the card. It is the same coffee. I could tell by the smell:p

A vendor told my DH one time to NEVER get coffee from a machine where it is already made:eek: You would never believe how dirty they get and they are not cleaned properly.

Don`t get the card. It is the same coffee. I could tell by the smell:p

A vendor told my DH one time to NEVER get coffee from a machine where it is already made:eek: You would never believe how dirty they get and they are not cleaned properly.

eeeewwwwwww!!!!!:eek: I was really looking forward to the special coffees on the CB!!! How can they justify charging people for coffee when it is the same freakin' coffee that is serve every place else on the ship?????????????!!!!!!!!:mad: :eek:

BUT... what do they do with all those nasty coffee grounds??? :D

Well, they sell 'em to Princess!!! What'd ya think I was going to say? :p

BTW, I fully endorse the double shot press mug from Planetary Design.. :)

Worked real nice, but I did have to run up to the Lido to get hot water. Room service could never seem to deliver the water hot enough, so we just kept the pitcher from the first day, and up the stairs I went..

MrsNoPlea,

I just want to be sure I was clear. It's the $1.00 coffees that are just stronger syrup ones. The specialty coffees like lattes and such that they punch your card for are made from freshly ground beans. At least that's what they told me.:)

Oh lasifguvui5uh.....I hope you are right!!!!:eek: I will think positive and I'm deciding your information is correct....I want to look forward to my specialty coffees on the cruise!!!!!:D THANK YOU!!!!:p

MrsNoPlea,

I just want to be sure I was clear. It's the $1.00 coffees that are just stronger syrup ones. The specialty coffees like lattes and such that they punch your card for are made from freshly ground beans. At least that's what they told me.:)

Who told you this? I watched the bartender pour my coffee from the pot.

MrsNoPlea,

No ground beans......they have them there just for show. People that I was traveling with said the specialty coffees were made from the same coffee:mad: When you sail on NCL and RCI you can smell the fresh ground beans before you even see where the coffee is coming from, not on Princess.:p

No ground beans......they have them there just for show. People that I was traveling with said the specialty coffees were made from the same coffee:mad: When you sail on NCL and RCI you can smell the fresh ground beans before you even see where the coffee is coming from, not on Princess.:p

What a low blow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad: I'm gonna have to call Princess and find out for sure.......although whoever I get on the other end of the line probably either won't know or they'll blow smoke up my patootie and tell me what I want to hear!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad: :mad: :eek:

This whole coffee thing seems to be a chronic problem. There are legions of pax who have repeatedly complained about the yucky swill for years, but it seems that our collective complaints are being studiously ignored! Hmmmm, I wonder why they bother to have us fill in those passenger comment cards in the first place? :confused: Insights anyone?

Thank goodness for the coffee cards!

This whole coffee thing seems to be a chronic problem. There are legions of pax who have repeatedly complained about the yucky swill for years, but it seems that our collective complaints are being studiously ignored! Hmmmm, I wonder why they bother to have us fill in those passenger comment cards in the first place? :confused: Insights anyone?

Thank goodness for the coffee cards!

Hmm, good question. Wonder how the coffee is on what many consider an "upscale" line (i.e. Celebrity, Seabourn, Crystal)?

Apparently good coffee, on a "cruiseline for the masses" can only be had, and even this is doubtful, for a price...:cool:

For our Jan. cruise, it was a toss up between Princess (which we like) and Hal (never been on their ships before). What broke the tie in favor of HAL? TERRIBLE Princess coffee, poor mattresses, and poor bedding. Giving someone else a try in the hope of getting a hit on a least on of the three.

I can’t stand the coffee on board the ships either. How do you heat the water for the coffee press?

There is a very hot water tap up on the lido, next to the "coffee" tap that, in our experience, dispenses water that has steam rising from it. May not be the ideal 195 Farenheit, but it is certainly better than what room service delivers...

Order room service tea the first morning, and then use the carafe the remainder of the cruise. Our steward never touched it..

What a low blow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad: I'm gonna have to call Princess and find out for sure.......although whoever I get on the other end of the line probably either won't know or they'll blow smoke up my patootie and tell me what I want to hear!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad: :mad: :eek:

Very true, Princess res agents will not know and passenger service will only..............;)

I bring an electric hot pot to boil water for my press. I was just in Marshalls and they had about 25 French Press Pots on sale cheap, good ones too.

Handy to take coffee bags (like tea bags) on board.

At the end of the day though, when you pay thousands for a cruise, it is scandalous for Princess to charge for drinkable coffee i.e. brewed/cappucino through their 'coffee cards which you pay $25 for. Another RIP OFF. Maybe that is their $ strategy serve you rubbish coffee so you buy the slightly better product.

Coffee time now, cheers.:cool: .

Hi 5:00_Somewhere:) Thanks for posting this.......I was thinking of getting the card when we go.

As for the Seattle's Best coffee.....is it really everywhere on the ship as it is quite expensive here......about $11 for a small bag.

No on the RCCL ships, the Seattle's Best is only in the coffee/pastry shop. It is not all over the ship. In the buffett, dining room and other venues it is the usual awful stuff.

There was a time not long ago, when the brewed coffee on the CB in the bar area by the atruim was FREE!!!!

No on the RCCL ships, the Seattle's Best is only in the coffee/pastry shop. It is not all over the ship. In the buffett, dining room and other venues it is the usual awful stuff.

There was a time not long ago, when the brewed coffee on the CB in the bar area by the atruim was FREE!!!!

Thank you for clearing that up.:) I have yet to have Princess coffee, and am actually looking forward to tasting what gets so many threads started!:D

I put so much cream and sugar in my coffee ( I don't drink coffee every day at home) that it probably won't taste that bad to me.;)

Ya know, this thread has me thinking... I sure wish I could drink some Princess coffee tomorrow morning... on the Lido Deck... on any ship... anywhere.... aaaahhh what a nice dream...:p

Ditto we2cruze.:D

Archived