POA poll have you canceled?

cruise182

Have you or would you cancel your POA cruise?  

107 members have voted

1. 1. Have you or would you cancel your POA cruise?

• I have canceled my POA cruise due to reviews.
    • If I could cancel my POA cruise I would but I am under the penalty.
    • I was going to book POA but after reading reviews i have decided to look into other options
    • I am not cancelling because I beleive it is not that bad or it will get better

As of 8am EST....46% of respondents are hanging in.... 54% either canceled or reconsidered.

I think this will be good for NCL because now they will be sailing with a less passenger load.

If you reject the food, ignore the customs, fear the religion and avoid the people, you might better stay home. You are like a pebble thrown into water; you become wet on the surface, but are never part of the water. This is the full quote.. it is better in its entirety

I just cancelled our 12/3/04 trip on the POA, after reading all the negative comments we were going to try and hang in there but my husband recovering from a brain injury and we are traveling with eight people and we just couldn't go on this trip not feeling like we would have good service. I called my travel agent and we booked 4 days on Oahu in a superior ocean front room plus 4 nights in Maui in an ocean front condo, a mini van, transfers and air & inter island fares and it was cheaper than our cruise. I think RCCL needs to get back to Hawaii.

jkrislc,

We are using credit card miles for the airfare, so we would try to travel to Hawaii the same week. We usually cruise to determine where we will stay the following year by trading the timeshare, so I too want to see as many destinations as possible. It is probably too late to trade the timeshare for a stay in Hawaii this year, and I'm too nervous to wait for a last minute trade.

Janet1 - can I email you to find out where you are staying, etc?

Also, did anyone see a quick blip on the news about the number of small earthquakes on the big island, and how scientists are saying that this signals a possible volvanic eruption?

I really want to travel on this cruise, but the non-answers from NCL customer service are telling me what to expect loud and clear.

I did not cancel. And the latest reviews sound like things are getting better, not great, but no longer something to cancel over.

I told my wife last night that it looks like an eruption is brewing. All lava stops flowing and the ground starts shaking. Should be intersesting. Hope no one is hurt if it happens. Of course it could just be settling down for a long nap too.

On a side note, all cabins have disappeared on the POA until 10/22. Seems like they have stopped taking new reservations, as they disappeared over night (I've been looking daily for upgrade ideas). A smart decision - smaller passenger count will help.

Counting the days until I set sail!

Hello Orkatek! I'm looking forward to hearing about the Pride of Aloha from you! We really enjoyed your Star review and ended up having the same great experience you described so well! I hope you have a great trip! Do you know who the hotel manager is at this time? We are thinking about waiting for the Pride of America (either the end of this summer or just waiting until summer of 2006...look at the improvements of the

We're hanging in there for next June. It would be nice to have an alternative but it is our granddaughter's 10 yr old trip and she wants to cruise to Hawaii! Not another cruise choice when she's out of school. I wonder why none of the other cruise lines do Hawaii in the summer.

We are somewhat seasoned cruisers with 12 to date including one NCL. The price for the POA cruise was a little high to begin with. Since we already had two days in Molokai planed, we decided to fly Hawaiian Air from Phoenix to Honololu for the same price an NCL charged, and we will sail from Molokai for a week at a Maui time share for slightly less than $700.00. We will save a little on car rentals since we are only doing 2 rather than 5. We will miss not going to Hilo and the volcano, but figure we will go back to the islands at a later time. It just was not worth worrying about getting a good cruise, a fair one, or a bad one. All in all I think we are well ahead of the game. Of course we had done Hawaii last year on Infinity; so we are not too disappointed at not doing this cruise.

I agree, those prices are high!!! Back when the Star was sailing, we had a balcony for 1,200 pp and our son's inside across the hall was 899-pp! I'm back to looking at the Wind. We personally liked the trip to Fanning Island...sea days are a luxury to us!

Phil, did you enjoy the Infinity? The problem there is the dates and our son's school schedule. We just loved our Celebrity Century cruise and I'm sure the Infinity was great too (?)

Archived