Champagne/Wine in Suites on FOS on arrival?

KeysRes

I just got off the phone with RCCL, and it was real hard to find an answer to this question, but I finally spoke with a helpful employee who pulled up an internal Power Point presentation regarding suite amenities. It appears that complimentary champagne or wine is provided to the Royal Suite and Presidential Suite only, as well as a flower arrangement. The remaining amenities look to be similar. There was no mention of free internet, but he is checking into this and will contact me when he finds out. I will attempt to transfer the Power Point information to this posting, but there might be format issues:

Royal & Presidential Suite Amenities

Upon Arrival

n 1 bottle of Moet with welcome aboard note from Hotel Director and Captain

n Alcoholic beverages are available but not provided complimentary for the bar .

n Complimentary Water and Fruit Plate

n Duvet cover

n Vitality Bathroom amenities

n 1 Dozen Red Roses

n Suite Attendant Service

n Terry Robes for use on board

n Complimentary Logo Slippers

n Ensuite Coffee/Tea Service

n Pillow Menu

n Binoculars *for Asia, Alaska, South America and Europe itineraries

n Priority check-in

n Pre-blocked salon appointments

n Priority Tender Tickets

n Concierge Package with Key –Voyager, Freedom and Radiance class vessels

n Priority Ice Show Tickets –Voyager and Freedom Class vessels

n Personalize invitation to the Art Auctions

n PriorityShore Excursion Arrangements

1st formal evening

n Cheese Plate delivered prior to dinner.

n Personalized attention from Chief Housekeeper

n Personalized attention from Guest Services Manager.

2nd formal/Last evening

n Plate of Petit Fours at turndown

n Expedited Departure

n Early Debark Tags

n Personalized attention from the Hotel Director

Royal Family Suite, Owners Suite and Grand Suite

Upon Arrival

n No Beverage Services provided

n Complimentary Water and Fruit Plate

n Duvet cover

n Vitality bathroom amenities

n Suite Attendant Service

n Terry Robes for use onboard

n Complimentary slippers

n Family Suite receives games for the kids

n Ensuite Coffee/Tea Service

n Pillow Menu

n Binoculars *for Asia, Alaska, South America and Europe itineraries

n Priority check-in

n Priority salon appointments

n Priority Tender Tickets

n Concierge Package with Key – Voyager, Freedom and Radiance class ships

n Priority Ice Show Tickets –Voyager, Freedom class ships

n Personalized invitations to the Art Auctions

n PriorityShore Excursions

1st formal evening

n Cheese Plate with Crackers prior to dinner.

n Personalized attention from the Chief Housekeeper

n Personalized attention from the Guest Services Manager

2nd formal/Last evening

n Plate of Petit Fours at turndown

n Expedited Departure

Early Debark Tags

n Personalized attention from the Hotel Director

I just got off the phone with RCCL, and it was real hard to find an answer to this question, but I finally spoke with a helpful employee who pulled up an internal Power Point presentation regarding suite amenities. It appears that complimentary champagne or wine is provided to the Royal Suite and Presidential Suite only,

Oh the joys of RCCL. The picture I posted on page one was MY bottle of free champagne from the hotel director while I was staying in a Grand Suite, not Royal or Presidential.

Now I didn't get any petit fours on turn down service. Where the heck were my petit fours...lol. :p

And I certainly didn't have any "Early Debark" tags. We were the NEXT TO LAST color. :eek:

RCCL is nothing if not inconsistent.

The funny thing is, they still had the full bar set up, we had a set of 8 of each type of glass, cocktail napkins, wine opener, etc.... but no occasion to use them!

2530936110101628544S425x425Q85.jpg

Best pics of the royal family suite I have seen! :D One question, that little tv? is it the only one? or is there one in the master bedroom also?

RCCL is nothing if not inconsistent.

See why I asked? Oh well, sounds like it's all over the place as far as what to expect! I went ahead and ordered champagne anyway - and decorations. But keep the answers coming - it's interesting....

I remember when one of our CC members first mentioned the "new suite perks" back in april or whenenver, we were so happy. They said it should be implemented by August 2007...which did not happen:( Then I read that they would be implemented by November 2007 but from the sounds of things, this is not going to happen either. :( I wish they never said they were going to have the new perks. Now we are just disappointed:mad: I would rather have just been pleasantly surprised if and when they ever did give us something. where is the original poster of the "new suite perks"? Maybe he can shed some light on this. BULLS ARE ON!

• 3 months later...
Sailed on Liberty of the Seas in the Royal Family Suite (1 of 4 onboard) this past July (2007).

There was no wine or champagne or anything special placed in the RFC as a "perk". If you want champagne/wine on boarding, you will need to order online.

There is no "flower arrangement" in the living room of the RFS. There are several small flower/twig-like things. I recommend ordering a flower arrangement through RCCL. In fact, I ordered one for the living room and the two bedrooms. If you want only one, it is a nice to put in the living room or out on the balcony table when you are out there having a meal or just watching the wake.

I did not order birthday decorations, but you will see exactly what they look like on the RCCL website. Saw them on the ship and they looked nice. However, what I did order for my daughter (and it was a big hit and somewhat unique) was the birthday cake made of flowers (again through the RCCl website). Through a mix up, she received two birthday flower cakes. Make sure you order a birthday cake for the evening meal in the dining room. It will be brought out with dessert and they will sing Happy Birthday.

Have a fantastic cruise!

Do you have any pictures of the Royal Family Suite you could share? Also...How big/small was the second bedroom? We have it booked for November and with two couples, I am affraid one of us will be unhappy with our bedroom. Thanks!

Archived