Champagne/Wine in Suites on FOS on arrival?

KeysRes

Just wondering if there is a definitive answer on this? Booking a Royal Family Suite and a GS on Freedom in December for a large family group and would like to have champagne or wine in the two cabins for sailaway. I was going to order it online, but it sounds like it may be one of the suite perks? If so, does anyone know if they will put more than one bottle in the RFS (if there will be 5 adults - and 2 kids). Don't know if just one bottle there is going to do it! :-)

Birthday decorations worth ordering?

Thanks!

I don't know about Freedom, but there was no wine in Radiance suites as of two weeks ago. And only the Royal suite had flowers.

I don't want to hear that. We are going to be in a GS on Radiance in January. I was counting on some champagne in the room to make my mimosas:(

In a few weeks time we will be sailing with our family in the Presidential Suite on Freedom. There will be 8 adults.

If I were a guy, I'd wear a belt AND suspenders, you know? So, I am going to go online and pre-order champagne for the room, which then should either be there at 1PM or arrive before sailaway. If perk wine or bubbly is provided--that'll be a bonus.

On past RCI cruises on various ships we have had some trouble getting what we pre-ordered (incomplete order); also it can be difficult or super-easy to order champagne from room service on the afternoon of embarkation. It depends on the head wine dude and/or how the hotel/director operates.

Bon Voyage~~

Leslie

I don't want to hear that. We are going to be in a GS on Radiance in January. I was counting on some champagne in the room to make my mimosas:(

Sorry, my TA was surprised also, we also did not get the bottle he sent us either. On the up side, the concierge lounge was very nice and they did have champagne in there, and also poured very stiff drinks!

Just wondering if there is a definitive answer on this? Booking a Royal Family Suite and a GS on Freedom in December for a large family group and would like to have champagne or wine in the two cabins for sailaway. I was going to order it online, but it sounds like it may be one of the suite perks? If so, does anyone know if they will put more than one bottle in the RFS (if there will be 5 adults - and 2 kids). Don't know if just one bottle there is going to do it! :-)

Birthday decorations worth ordering?

Thanks!

Sailed on Liberty of the Seas in the Royal Family Suite (1 of 4 onboard) this past July (2007).

There was no wine or champagne or anything special placed in the RFC as a "perk". If you want champagne/wine on boarding, you will need to order online.

There is no "flower arrangement" in the living room of the RFS. There are several small flower/twig-like things. I recommend ordering a flower arrangement through RCCL. In fact, I ordered one for the living room and the two bedrooms. If you want only one, it is a nice to put in the living room or out on the balcony table when you are out there having a meal or just watching the wake.

I did not order birthday decorations, but you will see exactly what they look like on the RCCL website. Saw them on the ship and they looked nice. However, what I did order for my daughter (and it was a big hit and somewhat unique) was the birthday cake made of flowers (again through the RCCl website). Through a mix up, she received two birthday flower cakes. Make sure you order a birthday cake for the evening meal in the dining room. It will be brought out with dessert and they will sing Happy Birthday.

Have a fantastic cruise!

Hmmm...am still slightly confused since I swear a few weeks back I saw posted pictures in Grand Suites of the complimentary champagne and bottle of water.

But I agree on the belt / suspenders thing! That made me laugh. I was thinking that too, but was also recalling some complaints of things ordered that never showed up...and you had to track it down. So I like the idea of ordering too...and as a backup there's room service.

This is a first cruise for the rest of the group, and celebrating a 60th and 40th birthday...so wanted to add some fun touches. I was thinking of the cake too, but to the room instead of the dining room...my husband would be embarrassed! (Well in that case, maybe I should.)

Thanks again!

Hmmm...am still slightly confused since I swear a few weeks back I saw posted pictures in Grand Suites of the complimentary champagne and bottle of water.

But I agree on the belt / suspenders thing! That made me laugh. I was thinking that too, but was also recalling some complaints of things ordered that never showed up...and you had to track it down. So I like the idea of ordering too...and as a backup there's room service.

This is a first cruise for the rest of the group, and celebrating a 60th and 40th birthday...so wanted to add some fun touches. I was thinking of the cake too, but to the room instead of the dining room...my husband would be embarrassed! (Well in that case, maybe I should.)

Thanks again!

If you choose to order ahead time bring the printed confirmation page from the order ( or email) I don't remember which and bring it with you in case there are any issues you have it as proof.

Thanks again!

We sailed in a Grand Suite on the AOS and there were definitely no flowers and the bar area was dry as a bone :eek:

Now I remember, because it's the same cabin we are getting!

Do you think everyone in the suites received the things you did...or were you on a special cruise or a Diamond member or something?

Everyone in the suites got the same thing. It wasn't a special cruise. We aren't Diamond (will be Platiunum after our next cruise) They were just starting to publicize the new suite perks and we got all they mentioned except the free internet.

They said they were going to roll out the suite perks with the Freedom Class ships. So it would make sense that others haven't gotten it if they weren't on a Freedom class ship.

But for WESTPAC72 on Liberty...you didn't get anything at all delivered to your suite? We got food baskets delivered too. That's not right. You should have gotten something.

I just returned form the Liberty this past weekend and stayed in a GS (sailed 9/29). There was a bottle of complimentary Evian in the room upon arrival but no champagne and no flowers either. I had made a comment to the concierge about ow nice the flowers were in the lounge and the next day when I returned to my cabin from the pool area, there was a beautiful arrangement in the room. My 2 buddies and I were quite impressed.

But I will say the Concierge lounge was a great perk and the Concierge left a reminder voicemail everyday in the suite about the complimentary cocktails from 5-830 every night. They really cut down on my bar tab and the bartender in the Concierge lounge was very generous when making cocktails and extremely nice. After 3 vodkas and sprite I was feeling no pain, and I can handle my liquor. The lounge was really great and we met so many nice fellow suite passengers there. The appetizers were fabulous rangng from assorted veggies, cheeses and mini hot dogs to caviar, dim sung, pot stickers to my all time favorite, scallops wrapped in bacon.

Enjoy

Good because an owners suite is on my adgenda...did Francois contact you re: speciality dinning etc.?

Rev

Francois contacted us pre-cruise when we had the GS on FReedom. Just make sure you have a current email on file with RCCL

Here is the letter...

Freedom of the Seas

Royal Caribbean International

Dear Mr and Mrs XXXXX,

My name is François Roux and I am the Concierge onboard Freedom of the Seas. We are honored that you have selected Royal Caribbean International for your forthcoming cruise vacation.

In order to provide utmost service and avoid disappointment it will be my pleasure to pre-book relaxing Spa Treatments and /or make reservations in our Speciality Restaurants Chops Grille & Portofino Ristorante ($20cover charge per person). For your information our two formal nights are Monday and Thursday.

As a Concierge Club guest you have access to the Concierge Lounge located on Deck # 10 aft, Breakfast is served from 8:00 am until 10:00 am, complimentary bar set up with canapes from 5:00 pm until 8:30 pm. Due to the adult oriented atmosphere only guests 18 years and above are permitted in the Lounge after 5:00 pm

If there is anything else I can do prior to your arrival, please do not hesitate to contact me.

I look forward to welcoming you onboard Freedom of the Seas and hope that you will have the vacation of a lifetime.

Yours Sincerely,

François Roux

Concierge

Freedom of the Seas

Spa

Some Favorites

Ionithermie Algae Detox

This exclusive European body correction treatment reduces cellulite, detoxifies and re-mineralizes the body. Through the power of algae externally detoxifying the body, you will lose 1-8 inches from the stomach, thighs and buttocks. A special homecare regime will be explained and recommended.

For maximum benefits, follow up with the anti cellulite homecare maintenance kit.

La Therapie Hydralift Facial

Using a unique blend of science and nature, this result driven facial is both deep cleansing, re-hydrating and anti-aging. This corrective facial reduces fine lines, puffiness, blemishes, pigmentation, scarring, dark circles and acne. It suits all skin types and guarantees no breakout.

Aromaspa Seaweed Massage

Excellent for soothing aches, pains, arthritis or just stiff joints. Receive a relaxing scalp massage and a wonderful pressure point foot massage while cocooned in a warm therapeutic seaweed mask. After your soothing shower, relax as your therapist massages up the back of your body starting with your legs, back and finally your neck and shoulders. 1 hour and 25 minutes long, the benefits last up to 5 weeks.

Absolute Face & Body Experience

This exclusive treatment combines reflexology followed by drainage massage on the calves, firming massage on the thighs, pressure point massage up the back, around the shoulders & on to the neck. Culminating in a deep scalp massage with a relaxing 45-minute facial.

Aromastone therapy

The deep penetrating heat of volcanic basalt stone is combined with traditional massage and aromatherapy techniques to release muscular tension, producing a state of deeper relaxation.

Gentle Touch Teeth Whitening

Just one cosmetic process, no messy trays, no harsh toxins used and results are immediate. Included is an ongoing maintenance program to maintain your smile.

Spa and Salon

Deck 12 Forward

Any Cancellations must be made 24 hours before appointment to avoid a 50% cancellation charge

Spa

Menu of Spa Services

La Therapie Hydralift Facial*…………..……..50 Minutes $120

Elemis Pro – Collagen Facial……………….…50 Minutes $120

Miracle Micro-Therapy (includes facial)……….50 minutes $169

Mini Miracle Micro-Therapy …………....……..30 Minutes $89

Ionithermie Algae Detox*………..……..…….One Session $145

Aromaspa Ocean Wrap Seaweed Massage*......85 Minutes $194

With a Mini Spa Facial $240

Aroma Stone Therapy Massage*…..….….…....75 Minutes $193

Absolute Face & Body Experience*..………...105 Minutes $194

Exotic Lime and Ginger Salt Glow……..……...75 Minutes $196

Couples Massage and Float Combo*..…....…....50 Minutes $179

Swedish Massage………………….………..….50 Minutes $120

Deep Tissue Massage…………………….….....50 Minutes $128

Reflexology…………...……………..……....…50 Minutes $120

Reflex-combo (Reflexology and Massage)….....50 Minutes $120

Foot and Ankle Massage………………………...25 Minutes $39

Frangipani Scalp Massage…………...……......…25 Minutes $29

Teeth Whitening……………………….…….…40 Minutes $199

Spa Manicure………...$44 Spa Pedicure….….$61

Paraffin Manicure…....$59 Paraffin Pedicure...$79

Find out more about the best styles to compliment your coloring and features. Let our hair stylists give you some free advice and change the way you look. Free hair consultation for color, cut and restyle

Recommended top six Spa services*

For more information, please contact the

Spa or call 6982

Any cancellations must be made 24 hours before the appointment to avoid a 50%

cancellation charge

I was on the Vision this past February in a GS and we received a bottle of champagne. We were contacted by email the week before by the hotel director, I believe, and asked if we wanted champagne or a bottle of wine. A nice touch, we thought, since the Vision is concierge lounge-less.

Sue

I was on the Vision this past February in a GS and we received a bottle of champagne. We were contacted by email the week before by the hotel director, I believe, and asked if we wanted champagne or a bottle of wine. A nice touch, we thought, since the Vision is concierge lounge-less.

Sue

Good to know! We are going in Jan. on the Vision, in a GS and I am now very excited!!

Now I remember, because it's the same cabin we are getting!

Do you think everyone in the suites received the things you did...or were you on a special cruise or a Diamond member or something?

We are gold, took our 2nd cruise on the Vision of the Seas to Alaska in June 07. We got the bottle of Champagne and the bottled water. No flowers, but we did have use of binocculars(sp?) which was really a treat in Alaska.

Deb

Archived