When I board where do I rush first?

Luxuriate

So far I have learned that I need to rush to guest relations to make sure I can secure a babysitter for the second seating daily on my cruise.

Now I learn I need to rush to the spa to secure a pass in the Thalossotherapy pool.

And then what if I don't get my first choice for seating for dinner? Rush to the dining room to get the other seating.

Then, my traveling companion thinks I should try and secure an upgrade cabin!

I'm already stressed out!

Cheryl

I would only worry about the babysitting. We had a "just" potty trained child with our group last time and she was allowed in the kids group - the parents were given a beeper if she needed a change. You might want to check into that as well.

My sister uses the T pool and they just got off a different Celebrity ship. they didn't even start giving out passes until AFTER the lifejacket drill! A friend picked up a pass on the second day so even if there is only a limited amount of passes, many will have other plans and with it only being a 4 days thing wth only one sea day, many will be too busy to hit it more than once (or twice) and for $49 I know all of our group will pass, besides 2 have kids so that would require another sitter! Think of the fun we can have with that extra $49 :-)

If you are unhappy with your dinning time I would hit that ASAP - especially if you are second seating! All the families as well as many in a later time period (East Coast etc) have grabbed those slots so they are hard to get after boarding.

And as far as upgrading, the cruise on the 29th has only a couple of suites left. By the time we sail, they will have sold up those and IF there are any rooms left they will be the lower rooms. BUT, when I talked to them on Friday I was told all of the 3 and 4 nights have been selling out!

...Now I learn I need to rush to the spa to secure a pass in the Thalossotherapy pool. ...

...then what if I don't get my first choice for seating for dinner? Rush to the dining room to get the other seating...

l

I always rush to the.....well ... I guess that would be TMI. :eek:

I don't think there is any need to rush to get a pass to the Thalossotherapy pool - on M class no pass is needed and on the Galaxy or Mercury I haven't heard that there is a limit on these. Is there? If you want a massage at a busy time on a sea day early in the cruise, or on a cruise with few sea days, then you might want to make a reservation for that.

Frankly - I've heard of people planning on asking for upgrades, and who have, but not anyone known someone on board who actually got one on at the dock or on the ship. Go ahead and try but don't count on it - especially if you're hoping for less than full price. Best bet is to book the cabin you want.

Forget about upgrades unless you want to pay the actual difference in price of the higher cabin if one is available. Celebrity isn't known for free upgrades. They do however on occasion upgrade before the cruise if a certain cabin is needed and they ask you to swap out.

T-pool: as an Elite member I do get to use it for free, but I have never been in there where there were more than 5 or 6 people at a time.

IMHO: your documents should confirm your dinner seating. If it is not confirmed, check the card in your room. If it is still not what you want, head down to the diningroom first, unless you want to schedule spa treatments as they go very quickly.

AS for the babysitter, I can't offer any advice on that one.

Dave:eek:

So far I have learned that I need to rush to guest relations to make sure I can secure a babysitter for the second seating daily on my cruise.

Now I learn I need to rush to the spa to secure a pass in the Thalossotherapy pool.

And then what if I don't get my first choice for seating for dinner? Rush to the dining room to get the other seating.

I'm already stressed out!

Cheryl

Cheryl,

Here is the best advice. Don't rush anywhere!

As you board, you will be offered a glass of sparkling wine, a mimosa, or some orange juice. A friendly cabin steward will take your hand luggage and show you to your stateroom.

Take some time to check out your "home" for the duration of the cruise, sit back and relax. Read through the dailiy program and all of the information that will be waiting for you in your stateroom. Take a tour of the ship, and have a bite to eat at the buffet.

This is vacation. There is no need to RUSH anywhere.

Now, if you need to make arrangements for babysitting, spa, etc., you use the phone in your stateroom, or make those arrangements as you tour the ship.

Slow down and enjoy the sailing.

I kind of forget where to rush off to after the first glass of Champagne.

Oh. The room. Drop off bags - take Camera.

Walk about ship - check on specialty resturant confirm.

Maybe wander about to dining room to see the table.

On rail for pictures as we pull away.....

Just off the Oct. 8th 4 day... T-pool passes were limited to 40 for the cruise as stated in the Celebrity Today. My sister and I went to the spa shortly after sailaway for ours and there were 4 left after our purchases. I agree that it was never full as there were at the most 8 of us us in it at any one time. Celebrity also gave away quite a few free passes for the disabled cruisers on board, which I thought to be a nice touch!! The joy on their faces made the price worth it for me.

Don't "rush" anywhere! Ahhhh - Welcome to the cruising lifestyle! Relax, laugh, eat, drink, laugh some more, and soak up the beauty and wonder of our planet.:) THEN, check on your dining table/seating, make whatever reservations you may want, flush your cabin toilet, double check your cabin thermostat, unpack (yuck!), and grab something to drink (water, soda, drink of the day;)). You've had a long, hard, exhausting day (you did have to walk up the gangway!), and you'll have another day like it again tomorrow - you deserve a break!;):D

Happy cruising!

Denise

We were on the Connie last fall and I spoke with several passengers who had fantastic upgrades. This cruise was at a great price also as it was not heavily booked. It turned out to be a "bleach cruise" and I wonder if savy cruisers were aware of Noro on the two previous cruises. Upgrading might be rare but it did happen. There was also flooding on our deck two days into the cruise and we were upgraded.

Jan

If on an M-class ship, proceed at dignified pace to the Specialty dining Room to reserve your seating on preferred time/night. Ask on boarding where they are taking these reservations, sometimes they have a table set up somewhere more visible, not at the restaurant itself. Avoid picking the Thurs-nite before cruise end since that's the 'fancy' Captains Dinner in main DR.:D

If on an M-class ship, proceed at dignified pace to the Specialty dining Room to reserve your seating on preferred time/night. Ask on boarding where they are taking these reservations, sometimes they have a table set up somewhere more visible, not at the restaurant itself. Avoid picking the Thurs-nite before cruise end since that's the 'fancy' Captains Dinner in main DR.:D

You don't even have to bother doing that if you are a member of the Captain's Club. You can make your reservation 60 days prior to sailing. Just call the Captain's Club Desk.

Totally understand the responses saying not to rush. Problem is, I think I really do need to rush. I have decided to focus on getting dinner time babysitting for our three year-old. After I get that I am good to go and can totally relax!

I will be on Mercury, PNW cruise on October 29th. Maybe with a 3 year-old (not 100% potty trained) kid the thallasotherapy pool won't be worth it? I might not get too much time to enjoy it anyway.

Cheryl

Totally understand the responses saying not to rush. Problem is, I think I really do need to rush. I have decided to focus on getting dinner time babysitting for our three year-old. After I get that I am good to go and can totally relax!

I will be on Mercury, PNW cruise on October 29th. Maybe with a 3 year-old (not 100% potty trained) kid the thallasotherapy pool won't be worth it? I might not get too much time to enjoy it anyway.

Cheryl

from

http://www.cruisetrade.com/shiprofile/celebrity_Millennium.html

AquaSpa also features the Thalossotherapy Pool, an indoor pool filled with warm salt water that is open for adults-only swimming until 11 p.m

This is the Millie......but it might be the policy on all their ships.

Forget about upgrades unless you want to pay the actual difference in price of the higher cabin if one is available. Celebrity isn't known for free upgrades. They do however on occasion upgrade before the cruise if a certain cabin is needed and they ask you to swap out.

T-pool: as an Elite member I do get to use it for free, but I have never been in there where there were more than 5 or 6 people at a time.

IMHO: your documents should confirm your dinner seating. If it is not confirmed, check the card in your room. If it is still not what you want, head down to the diningroom first, unless you want to schedule spa treatments as they go very quickly.

AS for the babysitter, I can't offer any advice on that one.

Dave:eek:

We had an inside room on Celebrity zenith last year on a 10 day cruise.. and while getting on the ship she passed me my room cards and say congrats you have been upgraded to an OV.. This was last thanksgiving week even..

I felt like I won the lottery.. no kidding.. Deb

Please reconfirm what you stated earlier. On the M class ships no pass is necessary for the T pool. I assume this is current info. I thought when we were on Millie in 2003 that we had to buy the pass.

Thanks

Joy

The t-pool is not restricted on M-class ships. Any ADULT can use the pool for free.

Please reconfirm what you stated earlier. On the M class ships no pass is necessary for the T pool. I assume this is current info. I thought when we were on Millie in 2003 that we had to buy the pass.

Thanks

Joy

On the M-Class ships, they sell passes for the Persian Garden, but the T-Pool is free.

IMHO, given that we spent 12 nghts at the all time worst table on the Millenium (the physical table, not the company), I would definitely check out the table location before anything else. It absolutely ruined mealtimes for us, and, had our tablemates not been so delightful, we likely would have passed on the dining room every night. It truly was a disappointment, and the maitre d' could do nothing to help after the first evening.

IMHO, given that we spent 12 nghts at the all time worst table on the Millenium (the physical table, not the company), I would definitely check out the table location before anything else. It absolutely ruined mealtimes for us, and, had our tablemates not been so delightful, we likely would have passed on the dining room every night. It truly was a disappointment, and the maitre d' could do nothing to help after the first evening.

What was it about the location that was so catastrophic?

And what table was it? I want to be sure to avoid it!

Do check your seating reservations in the dining room. We boarded the Infinity, last month, early and headed for the dining room, as we had not received the table for 2 we requested. The Maitre 'd was in the Lounge - and seemed very tired and out of sorts. One of the staff showed us the tables for two that were available -- all in front of the main escalator between the two floors. We took the best we could find.

So, yes, it is a good idea to check your table and the sooner the better. The staterooms are not always ready when you board, so you may as well get some of the details taken care of.

Archived