Hi Chez! Yes we're back...boo hoo....

Hi all!

We had a great land based holiday in Efate...can't wait to go back! I have a great photo of the Star coming into Port Vila on Sept.26 (with handsome son in foreground!) taken from the verandah of our unit at Fatumaru...can't praise that place enough & I'm SO happy we decided to stay there. It was hard to believe it had been a whole year since we had been on the Star!

We had planned to do the Sunset cruise to wave the ship farewell but they don't operate when the ship is in anymore....don't know why, maybe it's a hazzard thing.....

We didn't get to do half the things I'd hoped, which is why we have to go back! We entered a competition at the supermarket to win "a block of land & a tonne of concrete":D, so we may just get back earlier than hoped!

Time just flew. We did manage to 'eat' our way through a good sampling of restaurants though:eek:

Hubby & no.2 son got some fishing time in (& caught fish too...just as well as I could have dined at even more restaurants for the money!).

In all honesty I think we saw more of Efate just by hopping on the buses & going anywhere,'via' everyone elses (locals) drop offs!

We waited until ship day to buy our duty free as we were told by the locals that the prices are cheaper when they dock due to competition not only among themselves, but with P&O...& so it was!

One of my highlights was visiting the Govt. kindy & handing over a few supplies as I'd planned... a near riot occured when the children saw the jigsaw puzzles! They survive on so little & I wished I'd been able to fit more in our bags. Next time!

The Principal of the whole Central School is a Melbournite who made a point of coming down to the Kindy to meet me as well. It was a real delight.

Now it's back to the grind & waiting for the call to say the land (& concrete:D ) is ours!

You must be counting down the days Chez!:D :D :D

Happy future sailings to everyone!

Cheers!

Hi Nerissa:)

Wow! sounds like you had a ball, I love the place, and you get a different perspective than just stopping one day on a cruise, the main street is so much quieter;)

Glad you loved Fatamaru, I noticed a couple of your post's on Trip Advisor, sounds like you ate you way around!! Chantilly's is gorgeous, was Fatamaru far away from it?

I have 4 weeks to go, kind of lucky I guess that we missed out getting on the Sun on Oct 26th as it didnt go to Vila, now I get to go:)

Thanks so much for your post,

Chez

xx

Archived